Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

A friend of mine posted an awesome picture taken by a very gifted photographer from Newfoundland named Michael Winsor.

116581537_331574531200002_3497578458257747025_n.thumb.jpg.747dd9447c138c3dd7b12f36cceb1141.jpg

Another friend commented on the amazing picture with "Whale oil beef hooked".  I sat there scratching my head for an eternity trying to make sense of the comment.  Now, if you are like me (and I really hope you are not), you will be mystified by this string of words which defy understanding.  Well folks, google is your friend!  I guess I have been living under a rock for a considerable length of time.  Now I am at least a little more informed as to the word on the street.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mysty said:

A friend of mine posted an awesome picture taken by a very gifted photographer from Newfoundland named Michael Winsor.

116581537_331574531200002_3497578458257747025_n.thumb.jpg.747dd9447c138c3dd7b12f36cceb1141.jpg

Another friend commented on the amazing picture with "Whale oil beef hooked".  I sat there scratching my head for an eternity trying to make sense of the comment.  Now, if you are like me (and I really hope you are not), you will be mystified by this string of words which defy understanding.  Well folks, google is your friend!  I guess I have been living under a rock for a considerable length of time.  Now I am at least a little more informed as to the word on the street.  🤣

Are you fluent in Irish M? 🙂 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

I got strange results, but I was using Bing, not Google

The other hint is to say it fast.  I wish I could be more helpful but I think my helpfulness would get the post deleted.  🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

M, that is an easy one. Or I have a mind for such things... It took me about five seconds, and then I googled it just to be sure that I wasn't the only one who heard that particular meaning in those words.

Lots going on here. More in a few days after things settle. Will be lying low for a bit. Chris's Dad passed today after a long illness and we have been busy going back and forth to Pennsylvania for the past few weeks.

Had serious engine trouble with one of the Audis on Monday while coming home from our last visit, including a few stalls at highway speeds which were not fun to deal with on the Thruway. It's getting traded in posthaste on a new one; not taking another chance of that happening again. Closed that deal today by trading in two cars for a new RS5 Sportback. 

Now back to Pennsylvania tomorrow to make arrangements.

9 hours ago, jpalbny said:

M, that is an easy one. Or I have a mind for such things... It took me about five seconds, and then I googled it just to be sure that I wasn't the only one who heard that particular meaning in those words.

Lots going on here. More in a few days after things settle. Will be lying low for a bit. Chris's Dad passed today after a long illness and we have been busy going back and forth to Pennsylvania for the past few weeks.

Had serious engine trouble with one of the Audis on Monday while coming home from our last visit, including a few stalls at highway speeds which were not fun to deal with on the Thruway. It's getting traded in posthaste on a new one; not taking another chance of that happening again. Closed that deal today by trading in two cars for a new RS5 Sportback. 

Our sincere condolences JP and Chris!  Our thoughts are with you!

4 hours ago, mysty said:

Our sincere condolences JP and Chris!  Our thoughts are with you!

I second the above sincere wishes to JP and Chris for their loss.  It is always tough and challenging to lose a parent.  That is a very "personal" time for serious memories and reflection. 

It seems during the past few hours that something with the Cruise Critic boards were not working correctly.  Glad that things are back up and running.  

Watching now the meaningful service for Congressman John Lewis in Atlanta with Bill Clinton, etc., speaking. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

857061203_ScreenShot2020-07-30at11_51_24AM.thumb.png.5170f06f8040cf91b13cc14492511c38.png

1854858436_ScreenShot2020-07-30at11_51_05AM.thumb.png.7f4dd5d2020bbffc8f5689ef2d0d3dac.png

14 hours ago, jpalbny said:

JP, my heartfelt condolences to Chris and you and your entire family.   I am sending you all good thoughts

and wishing Chris peace at this most difficult time.

May her Dad rest in peace his memory be a blessing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

I second the above sincere wishes to JP and Chris for their loss.  It is always tough and challenging to lose a parent.  That is a very "personal" time for serious memories and reflection. 

It seems during the past few hours that something with the Cruise Critic boards were not working correctly.  Glad that things are back up and running.  

Watching now the meaningful service for Congressman John Lewis in Atlanta with Bill Clinton, etc., speaking. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

857061203_ScreenShot2020-07-30at11_51_24AM.thumb.png.5170f06f8040cf91b13cc14492511c38.png

1854858436_ScreenShot2020-07-30at11_51_05AM.thumb.png.7f4dd5d2020bbffc8f5689ef2d0d3dac.png

Hi Terry, Chrome and Edge and from what I read, other browsers were out too......... I tried getting on here this 

morning multiple times without any luck.  Looks like things are working now.

Adding Karen and I's condolences to you both JP and Chris.

We still love and miss our departed parents.  Daily it seems.

Spins speaks our feelings eloquently.

The RS5 sportback is a beauty, I hope it brings years of pleasure and good service.  For those who haven't seen one, see below (from internet, not my picture)

See the source image

Nice car.  I had done ridiculous amount of research on cars, and had settled on taking delivery of an Audi Q7 SUV in Germany, in spring 2017.  Meanwhile, our fine president imposed restrictions on doing business with Germany, and Audi cancelled the Euro delivery program.  I was so bummed - I had planned a way cool road trip from central Germany, Romantic Road, Alpine Road, into Switzerland, thru Black Forest, over to France and through the wine region west of the river, Salzberg, on toward Paris.  But - no dice brown rice.  Maybe another day, I hope.   So much cool stuff to see, can't wait til we can do it when/if the virus is under control. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 3:06 AM, jpalbny said:

Sending my condolences to you and your family at this sad time