Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

19 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I just wanted to mention that I am a lurker. I come over here for some humor, knowledge, and nice people. Thanks.

In honor of the recently departed Jim Steinman, "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad" but sometimes we hit all three here at the Cooler... 🤣

Always nice to see a lurker posting. I was one once too!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jpalbny said:

In honor of the recently departed Jim Steinman, "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad" but sometimes we hit all three here at the Cooler... 🤣

Curious now JP.  Which 2 out of 3?  Humour and knowledge?  Humour and nice people?  Nice people and knowledge?  😁

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I used to come for the recipes 😉  Now, where is the man from Great Britain?  Did I miss some of his food posts? I hope all is well with him.

If you are asking about UKJeff  we haven't seen him for a while.   And yes hopefully all is well with the dear man!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mysty said:

I'd really like to think that the constant is nice people! 😁

Great Big Sea song "Good People":

"Good people aren't hard to find:
They're right around the corner,
At the end of the line, it's true!"

Or at the Cooler I'd add 🙂

Now, about this British fellow

10 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Now, where is the man from Great Britain?

It could be one of several I think.  Are you sure you didn't just fall for his delightful accent? 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

It could be one of several I think.  Are you sure you didn't just fall for his delightful accent? 😉

Jeff was his name and I fell for his food photos 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

I had actually booked 2 cruises, however had to cancel due to some itinerary changes and ports that were important to me. Still lurking though and when we are back to normal hope to proceed. I like to play dress up so have no issues with formality. Actually relish it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Que, I adore Great Big Sea!  We have a lot in common it seems!  Although probably not my zanyness! 🤣

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mysty said:

about UKJeff

Mysty got it in one I think.  Smart woman as often seen here.  When I typed @UKJeff I got nothing.  Not sure what that means but I find it worrying.  Jeff??

@TrulyBlonde  hope you stick around, others post some darn good food photos, some from

from the UK, some from New York & other places,  I expect you've seen those.  I promise not to post pix of fish sticks & fries on my night to cook.  

7 minutes ago, mysty said:

We have a lot in common it seems!

Agreed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

When I typed @UKJeff I got nothing.  Not sure what that means but I find it worrying.  Jeff??

Wrong handle. He's still a member. UKCruiseJeff is his name. The original Cooler all the way back from Part 1, before I joined up.

• Like 2

Has anyone noticed we are virtually at the magic 10,000?  Someone special should have the 

honour, and it really ought to be UKcruise Jeff, if he is anywhere around in the ether.  The man who christnened me the (mostly lurking now) 

Lola

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Has anyone noticed we are virtually at the magic 10,000?  Someone special should have the 

honour, and it really ought to be UKcruise Jeff, if he is anywhere around in the ether.  The man who christnened me the (mostly lurking now) 

Lola

Yes I've noticed that! I was surprised that they didn't start a Part 6 some time ago when we hit 5000 on this one. Maybe the upgrade they did a while ago fixed the 5000 post limit?

Yes it would be nice to see a blast from the past appear and carry us over that 10K threshold!

• Like 1

I wanted to squeeze this in quickly.  I was also baptized in the Cooler Water by UKCruiseJeff.  To celebrate its continued existence here is Jeff's post from the very first Water Cooler.  It was posted on August 9, 2013.

"It's a credit to our long-suffering Host Dan, that he hasn't pressed any Red Key that says “Explode All” before now, particularly with someone with my previous convictions. Clearly some of the threads have moved so far off-topic from the OPs original intentions that there is a clear need for a place for people to post where they do not irritate others and can proceed to discuss only those things that are severely unimportant and are the square root of nothing in particular. This use to be something very popular over in SBLand and seems to be something that needs to fill a vacuum here so, and Host Dan agrees. And as a non-recovering OT recidivist he has agreed I should open it. 

I guess that in order to ensure this doesn't make Host Dan's life even more problematic we remind ourselves that ALL CC guidelines apply but with the exception that things can be both on and off topic. I'd also like to add a rider for this thread. I personally try to be poster-blind. I try to read each post on it's merits. I'd like this thread to be a place for everyone to banter on anything they wish and the topic either floats or sinks on the interest it generates. I'd also like old perceived slights and scores to be set-aside. I'd like to see the only rule is that anything can be posted that if you were reasonably imaginative and generous it's appropriate. I'd also like to offer the suggestion that everyone should be offered the benefit of the doubt. If you don't like a post then either ignore it, or report it. Don't say you don't like it. Anyway – I have no authority – I just want to start a congenial thread which people simply enjoy with minimal risk of nastiness. Host Dan can if he wants dump all the rubbish form other threads here if he thinks appropriate. 

So where do we start. 

Guess where I am?

ps. apologies for tappawhalla ipad issues"

Thank You Jeff!

• Like 2