Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

It is obviously more difficult than some of us can cope with!  However, I hope that next Thursday my grandson Johnnie will succeed in putting my wine glass on for me, so if you could wait until after that, Lois, or use one of your other choices, that would be good.  So glad to hear that your Doctor is pleased with you!

Lola

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mysty said:

I'm sorry if I made the whole thing more complicated that it needed to be!  😒

Hi Mysty, you didn't....honest.  I am and always will be technically challenged. I appreciate your

help🙂

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 7:40 AM, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

241318587_1746124275579860_8520600003949927250_n.jpg.be2602347acabdebd9c8c9bc81250afe.jpg

Have a great safe fun day all!

Ooooh, this hits too close to home!!    My darling cat does not scratch any other furniture but for some reason managed to ruin a recliner by stretching and sinking his claws in...many times.  I've been looking for some type of slipcover to put on it so I can donate it to someone who can use it (first acquired it for use during recovery from surgery a few years ago)... 

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
  • Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 3:54 PM, Lois R said:

Hi Coolers, TB, cute bear😀

Well, this is another couple of weeks of Dr's appts/procedures/tests for me.........

Had a GP appt last week...today was blood work.   Yesterday saw my Kidney Doc and she wants me to have an Ultrasound on them which will be Tuesday.  And tomorrow I have a follow up Endoscopy with the GI Guy😲..........never ending.   Wish me luck on all of it please🙂

Hi dear Lois ..hope you are all ok from all your medical problems you seem to experience!!( Bless you) I'm living with  a incurable cancer of the blood myeloma..

And I'm just wondering have you can travel so easily all over the world with your medical problems???.. your travel insurance must be sky high...mine is just to travel in Europe!!!  Hence why I've not travelled outside UK since last cruise 2019!!! 

But wishing you all good vibes with your medical problems.

46 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

Hi dear Lois ..hope you are all ok from all your medical problems you seem to experience!!( Bless you) I'm living with  a incurable cancer of the blood myeloma..

And I'm just wondering have you can travel so easily all over the world with your medical problems???.. your travel insurance must be sky high...mine is just to travel in Europe!!!  Hence why I've not travelled outside UK since last cruise 2019!!! 

But wishing you all good vibes with your medical problems.

I travel because I am able and as long as I am able I will continue to travel😃.....I don't have anything that prevents me from going.....and to be honest, I don't feel bad at all......they are just issues that have happened to me in the past few years. Some folks age gracefully without any health problems.....once I turned 60? They all hit at once..........(I am now 63).

Thanks for the good wishes🙂

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I travel because I am able and as long as I am able I will continue to travel😃.....I don't have anything that prevents me from going.....and to be honest, I don't feel bad at all......they are just issues that have happened to me in the past few years. Some folks age gracefully without any health problems.....once I turned 60? They all hit at once..........(I am now 63).

I'm pleased to hear that Lois ... I love to travel also and have over 59 plus cruises ... 

But I follow your medical problems with interest..you seem to have to go for so many tests etc & I was only wondering how your travel insurance works for you ... I've just reached my 65tn birthday this August ..being diagnosed with myeloma in 2013 !!! ( Real game changer for me ref traveling)  so again lois I'm sorry to hear about your medical problems but you are able to travel without it affecting your travel insurance...

You say you don't have anything that prevents you from traveling so here's to you girl 🍾 xx  ps I'm not going to age gracefully !!!😉 Live& let live ...

Booked 3 silversea cruises for 2022/2023 !!! & One crystal cruise in 2022 ( although silversea my personal favourite) ..have you looked at Mediterranean 2022 silversea dawn Venetian society reunion cruise !! We have booked !!! 

Sending positive vibes to you lovely lois R....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

I'm pleased to hear that Lois ... I love to travel also and have over 59 plus cruises ... 

But I follow your medical problems with interest..you seem to have to go for so many tests etc & I was only wondering how your travel insurance works for you ... I've just reached my 65tn birthday this August ..being diagnosed with myeloma in 2013 !!! ( Real game changer for me ref traveling)  so again lois I'm sorry to hear about your medical problems but you are able to travel without it affecting your travel insurance...

You say you don't have anything that prevents you from traveling so here's to you girl 🍾 xx  ps I'm not going to age gracefully !!!😉 Live& let live ...

Booked 3 silversea cruises for 2022/2023 !!! & One crystal cruise in 2022 ( although silversea my personal favourite) ..have you looked at Mediterranean 2022 silversea dawn Venetian society reunion cruise !! We have booked !!! 

Sending positive vibes to you lovely lois R....

The insurance? For years I never bought it....yes, I have over the past few years and never had an issue.

Not sure if you referencing something specific......I search for one to cover the price of the cruise and any hotels I need when traveling and my flight and try to find one reasonably priced. 

Congrats on your 3 bookings😃

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

The insurance? For years I never bought it....yes, I have over the past few years and never had an issue.

Not sure if you referencing something specific......I search for one to cover the price of the cruise and any hotels I need when traveling and my flight and try to find one reasonably priced. 

I'm referring to medical insurance !! Surly with your medical problems you would need to be insured if you need medical attention where ever you are traveling to...  That said I have noticed on other forums the USA traverlers don't find not  having insurance a issue ... ( Don't travel outside the  UK without it!!! )  Happy cruising Lois ...

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I also find the insurance issue confusing, I think the decision process regarding traveling must be very different from here in the US to our friends in the UK Australia NZ & EU.

2 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

I have noticed on other forums the USA traverlers don't find not  having insurance a issue

So I just checked mine.  Underneath all the legal mumbo-jumbo I think I'm partially covered for overseas emergency visits, but better fly home for surgeries etc.  Of course this after a glass of really good sauvignon blanc from NZ 

• Like 1

We always get travel insurance with medical coverage especially for our longer cruises.   Even traveling to the US now requires additional coverage since our provincial health insurance does not cover the full cost of any medical treatments outside the province.  We have no pre-existing conditions and the cost is still high. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

I also find the insurance issue confusing, I think the decision process regarding traveling must be very different from here in the US to our friends in the UK Australia NZ & EU.

So I just checked mine.  Underneath all the legal mumbo-jumbo I think I'm partially covered for overseas emergency visits, but better fly home for surgeries etc.  Of course this after a glass of really good sauvignon blanc from NZ 

I'm going to bow out now on this subject as some of you all find this somewhat a non serious concern with your travel arrangements ...( Thank goodness her in the UK we have our NHS ) which will look after non UK Travelers) ...

16 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

I'm referring to medical insurance !! Surly with your medical problems you would need to be insured if you need medical attention where ever you are traveling to...  That said I have noticed on other forums the USA traverlers don't find not  having insurance a issue ... ( Don't travel outside the  UK without it!!! )  Happy cruising Lois ...

I know you were referring to Medical insurance. I meant was there something specific you were asking me. I have not found any issues with purchasing it.  Not sure what to tell you. Yes, I have certain health issues but none that prevent me from cruising.🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

singing -jz.jpg

I can identify with this although not the singing part.  Eons ago when the kids were younger I made peanut brittle for the family with a recipe involving a microwave.   First time I made it I used a glass bowl.   Worked beautifully.   Second time I made it,  in my infinite stupidity,  I used a plastic bowl.  When I opened the microwave the bowl had melted along with the caramel and peanuts to form an oozy mass of goo in the microwave that immediately started to harden.   I was in tears and cursing my huge mistake.   Myster took the kids into the front yard so the neighbours would know that he wasn't beating me.  🤣  This is life with Mysty!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The stories we all could tell on ourselves.

All of us need to stick together, stay good people, although it's a hard life wherever you go (or wherever you're from) so be forewarned here comes one of my favorite songs 😉

This Texas belle recently passed away, but her music lives on

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

The stories we all could tell on ourselves.

All of us need to stick together, stay good people, although it's a hard life wherever you go (or wherever you're from) so be forewarned here comes one of my favorite songs 😉

This Texas belle recently passed away, but her music lives on

Awesome Que!  Great song and magnificent voice!  Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mysty said:

We always get travel insurance with medical coverage especially for our longer cruises.   Even traveling to the US now requires additional coverage since our provincial health insurance does not cover the full cost of any medical treatments outside the province.  We have no pre-existing conditions and the cost is still high. 

I always get insurance too. That MedJet one is not that expensive but since Covid have not cruised since Nov. of 2019 and I was in China. Yikes!  Not sure what their Covid plan is now. I get that plus regular insurance.

When we went to Antarctica with Ponant and they required a physical along with evacuation insurance. One man died on our cruise the 2nd day. I can only imagine the costs involved if he did not have the required insurance for the family in France.

We have no preexisting conditions, but I am risk adverse and would not want to be stuck and not able to be flown back or at least be in a reputable hospital.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I always get insurance too. That MedJet one is not that expensive but since Covid have not cruised since Nov. of 2019 and I was in China. Yikes!  Not sure what their Covid plan is now. I get that plus regular insurance.

When we went to Antarctica with Ponant and they required a physical along with evacuation insurance. One man died on our cruise the 2nd day. I can only imagine the costs involved if he did not have the required insurance for the family in France.

We have no preexisting conditions, but I am risk adverse and would not want to be stuck and not able to be flown back or at least be in a reputable hospital.

Exactly!  We were on a lengthy cruise and a gentleman collapsed at our second port with a heart attack.   His wife was left to struggle in a foreign country,  not knowing the language and without health insurance or travel insurance because it was pricey due to his pre-existing condition.  This is the stuff nightmares are made of!

• Like 2