Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

12 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Can real men wear kilts?

A musical answer from Glasgow,

I once tried that song at a karaoke  evening thinking it should be one of the easier  ones. Unfortunately I absolutely  murdered it . Not as easy as I thought!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Reef Knot said:

I once tried that song at a karaoke  evening thinking it should be one of the easier  ones. Unfortunately I absolutely  murdered it . Not as easy as I thought!

Well I was singing along with the video last night and a dog on his way to late night walkies started to howl.  I didn't take in personally! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Last night Myster and I and another couple from our Wine Club went to the soft open for our mostest favouritest restaurant, Black Tartan Kitchen.  It was a 4 course meal with wine pairing.  From our perspective everything went beautifully.

Charcuterie Board

IMG_20200910_194944.jpg.260e532dd4a657fc1ed5c59b073bf056.jpg

Gazpacho

IMG_20210917_203425.jpg.0ccd01f61a67c1674931a7a9063db8d4.jpg

Sirloin

IMG_20210917_210806.jpg.a2ab9d732d8f2d00d0662e1ae1c5143e.jpg

Salted Caramel Gelato and Chocolate

IMG_20210917_214513.jpg.b55970ac3433fcba7f51a5490743fe98.jpg

The dessert was served with their signature cocktail...The Black Tartan.....

1/2 oz Johnnie Walker Black Label

1/2 oz Irish Whisky

1/2 oz Drambuie

1/2 oz Kahlua

The meal was delicious, service was spot on and it felt like being home again!

We brought a bottle of bubbly for chef and his crew to celebrate.

241935072_286866052901298_5479938043230853576_n.jpg.50d613200b2f5b1ecc8bfecbe02b950c.jpg

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, mysty said:

Well I was singing along with the video last night and a dog on his way to late night walkies started to howl.  I didn't take in personally! 🤣

I am just sharing because it is late and I am feeling sad. Thank you for all your amusing tidbits it really helps when you're down. 

On Monday I have organised for my beautiful 15yo dog to go to sleep when the vet comes to my house. He is starting to suffer and as I think I waited too long with his brother last year so I don't want him to suffer longer. This is a tough weekend.

On an amusing note I got my children to name our dogs all those years ago. This beautiful boy is Neko. My at the time 14yo son was learning Japanese and here we call these dogs Japanese Spitz though I think in America they are called Alaskan Eskimo Dogs?  Anyway, Neko is Japanese for cat and at that time we had been thinking of getting a cat & dog. But this beautiful boy was the last of the litter as someone who wanted a show dog rejected him. 

I hope you all don't mind as I am struggling a little this weekend.

IMG_5333.jpeg

Julie

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

I am just sharing because it is late and I am feeling sad. Thank you for all your amusing tidbits it really helps when you're down. 

On Monday I have organised for my beautiful 15yo dog to go to sleep when the vet comes to my house. He is starting to suffer and as I think I waited too long with his brother last year so I don't want him to suffer longer. This is a tough weekend.

On an amusing note I got my children to name our dogs all those years ago. This beautiful boy is Neko. My at the time 14yo son was learning Japanese and here we call these dogs Japanese Spitz though I think in America they are called Alaskan Eskimo Dogs?  Anyway, Neko is Japanese for cat and at that time we had been thinking of getting a cat & dog. But this beautiful boy was the last of the litter as someone who wanted a show dog rejected him. 

I hope you all don't mind as I am struggling a little this weekend.

IMG_5333.jpeg

Julie

Julie,  my deepest sympathy!  You know you are doing what's best for Neko and that doesn't make it any easier!  Be kind to yourself as you struggle to deal with this loss.   🥰

And know that this space is a very compassionate and safe place to find refuge from heartbreak.