Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

11 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Has anyone ever visited the Isle of Wight?  Is it a good destination?

I went to boarding school on the IOW admittedly a long time ago. As an 11 year old first time away from parents it felt like being on Alcatraz . 

However I spent 7 pretty good years on the island and have been back since. It's certainly worth  visit. Beautiful beaches, castles, summer home of Queen Victoria (Osborne House) roman ruins and more.

I think the tourism  slogan in my time was come to the Isle of Wight , needles you can't thread, Ryde where you walk, Cowes you can't milk, Freshwater you can't drink and Lake where there is no water. 

I seem to remember that per mile it's one if the most expensive ferry crossings in the UK.

But don't let that put you off. Definitely   worth a week over there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Inside the big croc, along with the wearer!

Reminds me of an old limerick that my mother told me when I was 4 or 5...

"There once was a lady from Niger,

Who smiled as she rode on a tiger.

They came back from the ride,

With the lady inside,

And the smile on the face of the tiger!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

M, sending good vibes your way on this, your first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. May we learn something from your experience...

Thanks JP!  I'm really hoping this goes into action and not a continuation of empty symbolism.   Orange shirts and a day of reflection are a good acknowledgement but falls well short of making concrete changes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mysty said:

Campaign - Day 5

775018706-Albert-Einstein-Quotes-A-human-being-is-part-of-the-whole-called-us-by-the-Universe_____.jpg.98f1437ec2e1154e7ee3f840810e75bf.jpg

Beautiful thoughts and I try but admit to falling short at times as some people really frustrate me.

Spending a few days staycation at the Ritz Carlton here in Perth just to change our routine from home. We have enjoyed some lovely meals and wine. We tried a wine from the Sonoma Coast the other night,  Le Crema Chardonnay and it was quite bold so we chose to decant it to let it open up.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Beautiful thoughts and I try but admit to falling short at times as some people really frustrate me.

Spending a few days staycation at the Ritz Carlton here in Perth just to change our routine from home. We have enjoyed some lovely meals and wine. We tried a wine from the Sonoma Coast the other night,  Le Crema Chardonnay and it was quite bold so we chose to decant it to let it open up.

Julie  this is a challenge for all of us!  On our good days we can shine.   But not every day is a good day!

So glad you are able to find a way to squeeze joy from a situation that doesn't make that the easiest thing to do!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Enjoy your staycation. We lived in Perth,  Mt Hawthorn, in 1998. 
I have just finished a Chardonnay from Monterey. Unfortunately it didn’t last!😎

I usually have one glass but couldn’t resist a few! It just slipped down. 🤭

image.thumb.jpeg.8f2d559b9a0b7c8703146fd941bb25f9.jpeg

Edited by jillyf
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jillyf said:

Enjoy your staycation. We lived in Perth,  Mt Hawthorn, in 1998. 
I have just finished a Chardonnay from Monterey. Unfortunately it didn’t last!😎

I usually have one glass but couldn’t resist a few! It just slipped down. 🤭

image.thumb.jpeg.8f2d559b9a0b7c8703146fd941bb25f9.jpeg

Oops😆...I know how easily that can happen. Last night tonight so we will say a toast for everyone to stay safe and well till we can start cruising again.

• Like 2

As many of you know I have a zero tolerance policy for insects (flying or crawling) in this apartment.   For the last 2 weeks I have been hunting this pesky teeny tiny little flying nasty with no success.   Today (on Older Persons Day) he splash landed in my Rusty Nail.  Needless to say he is now swimming with the fishes! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, mysty said:

Apparently it is International Older Persons Day as declared by the UN.  Where are my flowers?  🤣

https://www.un.org/en/observances/older-persons-day

Sorry, mysty, you do not qualify yet.  I am the only really old person round here, and I claim my bouquet. 

Out to lunch tomorrow, with DIL, in the pink trousers, to have probably two interesting starters and a large glass of sauv. blanc.  (This is a real treat for me,  I don't get out much!)  If I had any idea how, I would send pics. 

Lola

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Sorry, mysty, you do not qualify yet.  I am the only really old person round here, and I claim my bouquet. 

Out to lunch tomorrow, with DIL, in the pink trousers, to have probably two interesting starters and a large glass of sauv. blanc.  (This is a real treat for me,  I don't get out much!)  If I had any idea how, I would send pics. 

Lola

Well I bow to you and your day Lola!   😁  I'll twiddle my thumbs patiently (ha ha ha) until I qualify!  Enjoy your awesome sounding lunch tomorrow! 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, lincslady said:

Lola

I know I am older than mysty, and I am not sure if I am older than you Lola,  but Stumbles and JP  can verify I am an old lady  -  is there a prize  for the  oldest SS sailor on CC  ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

244300158_1449452475447547_1088007623318694957_n.jpg.13949f96dd4062d0a116aab1f1af8873.jpg

@rojaan19  I wish there was a prize for the oldest SS sailor on CC!  Unfortunately the honour does not come with any substantive award other than the appreciation of your presence in the Cooler.  😁  So to all the "old" SS sailors who darken the Cooler bar door, thank you!

Have a great safe fun day all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1