I am sure this is a stupid question for a seasoned cruiser

All, I have done a lot of RC cruises, but I have recently become almost addicted to having a glass of very sweet tea every day. I assume there is no way to take a gallon or 1/2 gallon of tea on board. Would love to have a glass on my balcony every day.

I assume there is no way to take a gallon or 1/2 gallon of tea on board..:halo:.

Well how would you accomplish this? Home made, do you mean? I think it would be confiscated as it certainly could look like a container with alcohol inside. If it is a small, commercially-made 1/2 gallon, that might fly, but not sure..

You can add sugar AFTER its' cooled, but you really, REALLY have to stir! It's doable.....hubby only drinks unsweetened...and I like it sweet! So, I've grown quite a few stirring muscles!

Or, simply brew a cup of strong HOT tea...add sugar, then mix with ice and water.....after all, that's all sweet tea takes!

We like sweet southern Iced Tea. Tea on ships is horrible. It’s way too strong. We just live with soft drinks when on a cruise. I drink hot tea in the morning. I don’t like the hot tea that they bring for room service. They use the same pot for coffee and it ruins the water. We can get some better hot water out of the water machine in the Diamond Lounge.

Oh you are not a sweet tea addict are you? Lol that would never work for a fan of southern sweet tea. Lol

I literally lol, I love Bob's answers, he is the BEST.... BUT sugar packs added to unsweetened tea lol only a northerner would think THAT'S sweet tea LOL .....love u bob

Thanks, all. I was thinking like a 1/2 gallon from McDonald's or Chick fil a, I will use some of the tips and improvise. I used to drink Diet Dr. Peppers and always brought some small bottles with me.

Try the Arizona brand Southern Sweet Tea...It comes in a gallon bottle or large cans...unopened you just might be able to take this onboard....This lazy southern sweet tea drinker buys her's at Walmart...it's the best tasting pre-made brand I've tried. Best of luck y'all.

We like sweet southern Iced Tea. Tea on ships is horrible. It’s way too strong. We just live with soft drinks when on a cruise. I drink hot tea in the morning. I don’t like the hot tea that they bring for room service. They use the same pot for coffee and it ruins the water. We can get some better hot water out of the water machine in the Diamond Lounge.

I completely agree about the tea. I will check out the hot water in the Diamond Lounge :)

Try the Arizona brand Southern Sweet Tea...It comes in a gallon bottle or large cans...unopened you just might be able to take this onboard....This lazy southern sweet tea drinker buys her's at Walmart...it's the best tasting pre-made brand I've tried. Best of luck y'all.

Hey, thanks. I will try that brand.

Ask the bartender for some simple syrup. We run into this because we now live in TN due to the military but when we go back home to OH we can’t find any sweet tea. So we now order tea and add the simple syrup which most bartenders have becuse they add it to the drinks.

I bring Lipton tea bags and a jar of simple syrup (costs about $3 in the cocktail mix area of the supermarket)

I have not had a bottled sweet tea that I enjoy. Thank goodness, we finally have a Chik Filet near my home. Jersey Mikes also has southern sweet tea.

Unsweet iced tea and sugar packets are available from restaurants onboard for no extra charge.

I literally lol, I love Bob's answers, he is the BEST.... BUT sugar packs added to unsweetened tea lol only a northerner would think THAT'S sweet tea LOL .....love u bob

That's what I would think also. So what is southern sweet tea?

I agree with whoever said make hot tea, add sugar, and pour over ice.

However, if you don’t want to put in that effort, Starbucks has made iced tea for me, and I’m guessing they would be willing to add sugar or simple syrup.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums