Upgrade Offer

lloyfisc647

Hello,

I have an upcoming cruise with my husband in October and we were booked in a mini suite club class cabin and yesterday got an email from Princess with the option to upgrade to a Penthouse Suite for $200. Wow! We jumped on that offer and took it.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me with cruising - is it common? Was that in fact a good deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So happy for you! You will love the suite and the benefits. Have never booked a suite for full price ….but have taken advantage several times of upsell offers to the suite life. Actually leaving on one in 28 days (10 days in a window suite). Going with a friend from Boston (her own cabin) that we met on a cruise in February. We became fast friends. Sabatini's here we come.

Very nice! I visited a suite once but that's the only time I've ever been in one. We will never be able to sail in a suite. Enjoy your upgrade!

Never say never. I thought I'd never cruise in a suite or get a move over/move down offer.....and I got them.

Hello,

I have an upcoming cruise with my husband in October and we were booked in a mini suite club class cabin and yesterday got an email from Princess with the option to upgrade to a Penthouse Suite for $200. Wow! We jumped on that offer and took it.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me with cruising - is it common? Was that in fact a good deal?

Boy.....I'm on the Nov 9 Royal and was offered an upgrade from mini suite to full suite for $539 per person. Not worth it to me. Believe me, if I was offered upgrade for $200 I would have jumped on it too. Congratulations on a great offer. Enjoy.

Great deal! My wife and I are cruising to New England/Canada in September on the Regal Princess and booked in a club class mini-suite. We received an upgrade offer to a Penthouse Suite for $300 per person. We said yes because we have never stayed in a full suite before and thought the additional amenities, etc were worth it.

Congrats! We took an upsell last December to a suite on the Royal and loved it. Breakfast at Sabatini's was our favorite perk. We also enjoyed the concierge lounge, and of course our dinner the first night at the Crown Grill.

For us, club class dining was the biggest suite perk. I'd really have to assess whether the rest of the suite perks are worth the cost of any upsell offered. Sabatini's breakfast on the Caribbean Princess was really good and special. On the Golden, it wasn't nearly as good. In fact, it was so bad on the first leg that I opted to to to Club Class or get an almond croissant and tea at the IC. It did improve with personnel changes on the second leg.

Beyond that, we'd get 2 coffee packages, 2 Crown Grill dinners on first night, and a lot of fluff. Of course, I am looking at the HA window suite, which is very similar to a mini and is a whole lot different than a more fancy suite. Hmmm...I'd really have to decide what would be a good deal. $200 sounds reasonable, $549 does not!

Seeing as it was a minimal charge - we went for it. We love any and all perks so to us some of the “fluff” is worth it as we don’t vacation as much as we’d like too.

I was shocked to get the offer because you hear about it all the time but it’s never happened until now.

For those who have done suites - what hidden perks should I make sure we use and access while on the cruise?

Seeing as it was a minimal charge - we went for it. We love any and all perks so to us some of the “fluff” is worth it as we don’t vacation as much as we’d like too.

I was shocked to get the offer because you hear about it all the time but it’s never happened until now.

For those who have done suites - what hidden perks should I make sure we use and access while on the cruise?

Laundry. Dinner from MDRs can be served in your room thru room service. We attended the evening reception exactly once (we were on a ship that didn't have a suite lounge; the reception was in Skywalkers). The mimosa breakfast should be tried--as above, we've had different quality on different ships. Priority tender is nice if there is a line--there wasn't for us. Complimentary mini bar which can be traded for 2 coffee packages. Thermal suite IF your ship has one (ours didn't). Fruit bowl. Canapes on embarkation day, small chocolates on formal night. Robes and slippers. Upgraded toiletries, "sleep" package.

Hello,

Congrats on the upgrade.....:):):)

Bob

Just this week we also received an upsell to a suite for the small sum of $899/pax. We are on the CB in November for a 14 day cruise. This is the first time we have received an upsell from a mini to a suite and of course we turned it down. I can think of a lot better things to do with $1,798.

Congratulations to the OP for their good luck and hope they enjoy their cruise in the lap of luxury.

As we are too poor to book mini suites we won't hold our breath for an upsell (or even better, an upgrade) to a full suite. We are far, far too poor to book a suite but are extremely happy that we are able to cruise. We did once get a pretty incredible free upgrade from a forward Lido inside cabin to an Caribe deck Handicapped Accessible Balcony cabin though. I just happened to notice it in the personalizer a week or two before the cruise. Quite the category upgrade but we accepted it gratefully. :)

If I ever remember to buy a regular lottery ticked and actually win $35 million or so I'll book suites. I don't want a new, fancier house. I'd spend some for a new driveway, some landscaping, new ceiling fans, etc. I'd setup an endowment for the local branch of the library. I'd pay off the new air conditioning and such for the local theater group. I'd setup some trust funds for our grandchildren. I'd book some suites on cruises. I'm a pretty simple guy with pretty simple wants and needs but I would love to be able to cruise in suites. :) Heck, I'd also like to be able to provide a coffee card or something of the sort for random cruisers. I wonder if Princess would let me sponsor a drawing for a few coffee cards and a few a beverage packages for a cruise we were on. That would be pretty cool. We don't need a lot of "things" but would love to be able to be benefactors to strangers. :)

As we are too poor to book mini suites we won't hold our breath for an upsell (or even better, an upgrade) to a full suite.
Our upsell to a suite was from a balcony cabin. I guess Princess did not find enough people to take an upsell from minis and extended the offer to people in balcony cabins. It's the second upsell we've had, but the first one we took. It was around $80 per day per person extra for us to take the upsell. We had paid such a great price for the cruise that it was still an affordable price per person per day. It happened to be my birthday cruise and the celebration of DH's recovery from surgery earlier that year. I figured we'd never have another chance to experience being in a suite.

Breakfast in Sabatini's - access to Lotus spa - afternoon tea - you can order room service from the main dining room (but it comes all at once not per course like on Celebrity) - if you have sailed Princess before non-suite you know no real room service for breakfast but suite will get tablecloth and good menu but Sabatini Mimosa breakfast is amazing - we really like the space of the cabin the best - free laundry - mini bar set-up (if you are elite you get 2!)...you will also get to dine in Club Class dining room -