Bad Behavior in the Diamond Lounge

airbusdrvr

Must have been a really talented guy to be able to carry 2 plates of appetizers and 4 White Russians out of the lounge, all the time vaping. Someone really should have told him no white robe after Labor Day though.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Majesty, I see lots of people walk to the diamond area, say something like , "hey - look at this, this is nice" then get a plate of food and leave. I can see the room keys on their lanyard, and they are not D ( or above) and there is no indication ( color coded card) that they are in a suite. Often there is no one from the ship "securing the entrances". Yes there is a sign at either end, but nothing in the middle. I don't fault these people, as there is no way for them to know it is private event. I would never say anything to the passenger or even the staff. Sure it is for the D and up and suites, but we are not losing anything if someone takes a chicken wing.

Bar staff rarely get involved passenger issues, perhaps for fear of bad ratings.

Bad or inappropriate behavior happens everywhere, everyday, not just in a lounge on a cruise ship.

M

A lot of factors, some present here and others not, mean this kind of thing is going to happen on a more regular basis i think!

Rccl is actively targeting young people, albeit ones with families, so tie that in with several factors including 3/4 day cruises that are prime for hen/stag parties!

The whole drink package debate now comes into play in a number of ways - price/getting monies worth, all adults need apply etc etc in my opinion will sometimes have passengers looking for alternative ways to get their booze - and a lounge is one of those ways!

The staff will never get 'involved' with passengers for several reasons - they don't get paid enough/their manager should be doing it and they're tip/review driven, so getting on the wrong side of a passenger can cost them in numerous ways!

On the Harmony recently they used the lounge and the attic for a lounge and had staff on the door as well as the concierge at her desk pretty much all of the time! The lounge is also controlled by a keycard door entry yet people still tried to get in - hence additional staff outside!

They set rules about drinks/numbers/non sharing etc yet these are rarely enforced resulting in people taking advantage!

I'll go one step further and throw the ' dress codes' subject into the mix too ... as there isn't one any more - it means people will have no qualms about going into a lounge dressed like a tramp!

(Again on Lady H on 'formal' - don't make me laugh! - nights there was a no shorts blah blah blah rule in the lounge! Laughable rule that was never enforced as much as it wasn't in the MDR etc)

There will always be people in the world who can't or won't comply!

They earn their money, pay said money for their cruise and WILL conduct themselves as they feel fit!

It's unfortunately the way that cruise ships are nowadays!

Have your own fun

Look afteryourselves and ignore the idiots!

Well said.
  • Like 1

I am sure the cruise line makes a lot of money on the drink packages but the bottom line is it encourages people to over indulge and there by encourages bad and inappropriate behavior. If the cruise line does not want drunk people behaving badly then stop offering all you can drink packages. But I suspect the profit is big enough that the cruise line is willing to overlook the consequences.

I asked the Loyalty Ambassador if this guy was actually a Diamond member later that evening and he said he was. I'm pretty sure he rode in as a Diamond on his parents coattails.

What is the age that you find is believable that one earned Diamond, D+, or Pinnacle on their own?

Also.. I do tend to see that there are a lot of busy bodies in the Diamond Lounge. I have actually been asked by guest on the Navigator if I am Diamond, and allowed to be in there. I quickly replied that they should mind their own business, and move along. It's really something that everyone should do all the time. If it was affecting you, like they were going to run out of alcohol... or were loud and disruptive then I could see saying something, but since it didn't affect others, it becomes sad to not just be an "adult" and ignore.

I think it might have been entertaining a bit to watch someone in their robe act like an idiot. Might have saved me a trip to the show lounge for entertainment that night.

I am sure the cruise line makes a lot of money on the drink packages but the bottom line is it encourages people to over indulge and there by encourages bad and inappropriate behavior. If the cruise line does not want drunk people behaving badly then stop offering all you can drink packages. But I suspect the profit is big enough that the cruise line is willing to overlook the consequences.

This is not about drink packages.

Every ship I have been on the seapass card opens the deadbolt as well.

None of the ships I have been on do this. If the dead bolt is locked, then there is a flashing red light on the ones that have lights. The handle will turn but the dead bolt stays in place.

Another example of the Cruise Line not enforcing rules because they may loose a customer. Why have rules if you don't enforce them.

I believe the waiter staff or any cruise employee should be able to try to enforce the rules or call someone who can. Things like this are what allows bad guests to take advantage of any situation. JMHO!

This does not encourage people to drink. They will drink regardless. Just like eating in the buffet. All that food is there, so people make a pig of themselves and try to eat as much as they can. So, do we stop buffets?

People don't need an excuse, they do as they want and do what they can get away with.

On our Majesty sailing this past week there was an incident in the pseudo Diamond Lounge. A young man in his late twenties that was a Diamond member shows up in the Diamond Lounge intoxicated, wearing a white robe with bedroom slippers and smoking a vape. He ordered 4 White Russians then got two plates of hors d'oeuvres then proceeded out of the DL and gave them to his friends. Twenty minutes later he is back ordering 4 more White Russians and the Waite staff never questions him and gives him 4 more drinks. By now several people are getting annoyed with him vaping and one lady actually went up to him and told him he was not appropriately dressed and he told her his girl friend locked him out of his cabin.

After several guest started to complain to the Waite staff about this guy(myself included) the Loyalty Ambassador shows up and started to talk to him in private, 15-20 minutes later the ships security shows up and he is finally removed. Several guest were wondering why the Waite staff let him in the DL to begin with, then give him 4 drinks at one time and watch him leave the DL and then come back for more.

Sounds like the wait staff handled that correctly. The young man was on vacation and was treated like royalty. Kudos to rcl staff. Sorry that you were offended by his behavior but i really think it was handled correctly . If you are talking about vaping which could be offensive to all around him and a potential health risk. Maybe he should have been politely advised as i think he was

None of the ships I have been on do this. If the dead bolt is locked, then there is a flashing red light on the ones that have lights. The handle will turn but the dead bolt stays in place.

Here’s an entire thread about it. I’m not the only one.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2530208&highlight=Deadbolt

Here’s an entire thread about it. I’m not the only one.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2530208&highlight=Deadbolt

I have not been on Harmony, but I do not like what is being said over there. Ship security should have a master key, but a regular key, including stateroom attendant ket, should not open the deadbolt.

There have been times that staff knocks so softly I cannot even hear the knock, and they attempt to come in. Luckily, the dead bolt has stopped them. If not, they could be in for a horrible shock if I am standing there in my birthday suit, brushing my teeth, watching the news. Not a pretty sight. :')

I do not like the idea that some of them have cabins that the deadbolt is meaningless.

Thank you for the read. I actually posted on that thread a minute ago, not realizing how old the thread was. UGH!

Edited by Mikew0805

Hi Cruisers: This doesn't address the converted "diamond lounge on the Majesty but this occurred on the Majesty the last week in Aug. on the Cuba cruise. There was a special Diamond and above & full suite only breakfast on the Deck 3 dinning room & all other breakfast was in deck 4 dinning area. There was around 30 people in restrictive room and we were seated next to entry. There was a very nice Female head waiter in uniform at entrance and she checked every sign & sail card. In our short time there there were over eighteen people who passed three signs and went for tables but she appeared and all left.

Last time on Freedom in Concierge lounge the concierge was gone for a while and room was filling up quickly with groups entering when door opened. when she returned she started moving around checking cards and about 8 people got up and left before she got to them after she caught the first two. I have no problem being carded and if more did it it would reduce alot of problems that are occuring

Must have been a really talented guy to be able to carry 2 plates of appetizers and 4 White Russians out of the lounge, all the time vaping. Someone really should have told him no white robe after Labor Day though.

Maybe he was the headliner juggler Bob mentioned.

T

Sounds like the wait staff handled that correctly. The young man was on vacation and was treated like royalty. Kudos to rcl staff. Sorry that you were offended by his behavior but i really think it was handled correctly . If you are talking about vaping which could be offensive to all around him and a potential health risk. Maybe he should have been politely advised as i think he was

Have you ever tried to politely advise a drunk about anything?:rolleyes: