Equinox after the Revolution?

gordylad

OK So Assuming they are doing a decor change-- 

Are the dining venues staying? Since the configuration of the MDR is vastly different from Edge's 4 "MDR" plan/menus...

Is there any hint of what the dining will be?

I a not finding any clues anywhere

We've booked two more cruises - Summit and Equinox and they will be post revolutionized.... 

2 hours ago, ecslady said:

They do, and I'm not sure how they did it. I think it is on Connie. Maybe they were able to do one, and that did not put stress on the overall structure of the ship.

Definitely Connie but I don't remember if they converted to an IV from an OV or a balcony.

34 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would agree with you that it would be helpful if they were to give some kind of indication which cabins will be changed to IV's, after all I would think that the modules have already been built and ready for installation (for Millennium).   

Hi Jim

I was under the impression that the superstructure wasn't going to allow for IVs on the S and M class ships.

Am I wrong?

We don't want an IV and have booked several sailings post revolution--believing that we'd not get an IV

any more info on the MDR and specialty dining venue changes on the S and M class post rev?

15 hours ago, ecslady said:

confirmed this on the Edge last week. They will not be replacing balconies with IV. There will be New furniture in cabins.  They cannot do IVs on the M or S class ships since they do not have the same structure as the EDGE. EDGE is endoskeleton which allows for the IVs.  All the M and S class ships are exoskeleton. I just hope they do not replace the Balcony furniture with what they put on the IVs on Edge.

Thank god for that, we sail on her in September. Would have had to cancel if they had ruined it and gone “Edgy”

Edited by yorky

The Retreat sundeck is supposedly to go in place of the Solstice sundeck not in place of The Lawn. While their press materials keep saying there will be a pool for the S-class ships I am dubious about that. The only way I could see them being able to make one fit is if they took out the basketball court right below the Solstice deck. That might happen seeing as Edge doesn’t have a basketball court. Next to the court right now are the kid and teen areas which would probably be moved if the pool went in place of the court. They might then put in some more suites in where those kid areas were, but I think putting the Retreat Lounge there would make more sense. Below that is the Sky Lounge which will be losing part of its space plus the removal of the conference rooms to make way for Signature and Reflection Suites like they did already on Reflection.

It sounds like Luminae is staying put and it could be that Michael’s Club just converts to the Retreat Lounge in its present location. If that’s true it makes these changes useless in my

mind. What’s the point of having a “Suites area” concept when the spaces are spread all over the ship? If the Retreat sundeck only gets a hot tub as it will be on M class I certainly won’t be spending time there. The point is to have a pool.

As far as dining spaces the only thing we know for sure is Qsine is going to make way for Le Petit Chef, which has already happened on a few ships. I do think we might see the Lawn go and be replaced with the Rooftop Garden including the Grill and giant TV screen. It would become a more useful space that way and save Celebrity on all that lawn maintenance. Maybe Tuscan will be replaced by Fine Cut Steakhouse? I would love to see Le Grand Bistro appear in some form; maybe in place of Cellar Masters?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

The Retreat sundeck is supposedly to go in place of the Solstice sundeck not in place of The Lawn. While their press materials keep saying there will be a pool for the S-class ships I am dubious about that. The only way I could see them being able to make one fit is if they took out the basketball court right below the Solstice deck. That might happen seeing as Edge doesn’t have a basketball court. Next to the court right now are the kid and teen areas which would probably be moved if the pool went in place of the court. They might then put in some more suites in where those kid areas were, but I think putting the Retreat Lounge there would make more sense. Below that is the Sky Lounge which will be losing part of its space plus the removal of the conference rooms to make way for Signature and Reflection Suites like they did already on Reflection.

It sounds like Luminae is staying put and it could be that Michael’s Club just converts to the Retreat Lounge in its present location. If that’s true it makes these changes useless in my

mind. What’s the point of having a “Suites area” concept when the spaces are spread all over the ship? If the Retreat sundeck only gets a hot tub as it will be on M class I certainly won’t be spending time there. The point is to have a pool.

As far as dining spaces the only thing we know for sure is Qsine is going to make way for Le Petit Chef, which has already happened on a few ships. I do think we might see the Lawn go and be replaced with the Rooftop Garden including the Grill and giant TV screen. It would become a more useful space that way and save Celebrity on all that lawn maintenance. Maybe Tuscan will be replaced by Fine Cut Steakhouse? I would love to see Le Grand Bistro appear in some form; maybe in place of Cellar Masters?

Ahh this is helpful and makes some sense.

Have read speculation about Michaels staying and being renamed not moved... 

Would be a shame to loose the Lawn Club Grill and lawn. On some sailings it is heavily used... people sitting outside with food and enjoying he fine weather. We played bocce often

If Tuscan becomes the Fine Cut--steak, Qusine is Le Petite Chef... what do you expect for Murano and Bistro on Five ? Will Bacio stay? the cakes at Bacio were MUCh better than anything in MDR

32 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Ahh this is helpful and makes some sense.

Have read speculation about Michaels staying and being renamed not moved... 

Would be a shame to loose the Lawn Club Grill and lawn. On some sailings it is heavily used... people sitting outside with food and enjoying he fine weather. We played bocce often

If Tuscan becomes the Fine Cut--steak, Qusine is Le Petite Chef... what do you expect for Murano and Bistro on Five ? Will Bacio stay? the cakes at Bacio were MUCh better than anything in MDR

The Lawn Club Grill and the Rooftop Garden Grill are very similar restaurants. Murano I would expect to stay as it is highly rated. And Cafe Al Bacio will stay as it is on Edge too.

23 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

The Lawn Club Grill and the Rooftop Garden Grill are very similar restaurants. Murano I would expect to stay as it is highly rated. And Cafe Al Bacio will stay as it is on Edge too.

Murano is our fav. We eat there at least 3 times in 7 days. Great menu, great service

The lack of Murano on the Edge makes it less attractive to us

Nearly every question that is speculated upon here was addressed in Celebrity's initial press release about the updates: https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/press-releases/July-17-2018

The Retreat Lounge will be where Michael's was. Luminae is staying put, but getting new decor and a new menu. The Sky Bar/Conference Area will be replaced by Signature/Reflection Suites as on Reflection. Cabins are getting new soft goods, RFID locks, and better connectivity (wifi and bluetooth). QSine will be on all ships with Le Petite Chef (implied but not stated: Bye Bye Silk Harvest). Oceanview Cafe and Dining Rooms are getting a makeover. The Spa will see the Persian Garden end up more like the Thermal Suite on Edge. Gastrobar will get new/more food and cocktails. Passport Bar will see upgrades too. 

Also note that there is NO mention of Suite Pools. Only Suite Sundecks. 

8 hours ago, DannyS said:

Nearly every question that is speculated upon here was addressed in Celebrity's initial press release about the updates: https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/press-releases/July-17-2018

The Retreat Lounge will be where Michael's was. Luminae is staying put, but getting new decor and a new menu. The Sky Bar/Conference Area will be replaced by Signature/Reflection Suites as on Reflection. Cabins are getting new soft goods, RFID locks, and better connectivity (wifi and bluetooth). QSine will be on all ships with Le Petite Chef (implied but not stated: Bye Bye Silk Harvest). Oceanview Cafe and Dining Rooms are getting a makeover. The Spa will see the Persian Garden end up more like the Thermal Suite on Edge. Gastrobar will get new/more food and cocktails. Passport Bar will see upgrades too. 

Thanks so much for this! 

What is happening to Murano?  Law Club Grill and the Lawn/bocce space? 

Both a our favs

What bothers me most about this Revolution is basically the timing.   At least when they made the M ship Solsticized they waited to get the reaction of people as to whether they liked the elements going into the M ships.  It was a couple of years.  They have not done this with the S and M class ships this time and from reading the reviews  and comments of Edge, some elements are not being received too well.  I realize much of this is to make the suite areas but I guess time will tell.  

Edited by dkjretired

We will not book on a Celebrity vessel until the physical changes are in place and solid reaction is established.

Also, Celebrity's food and service will have to stabilize - the constant cost cutting is not acceptable.

The breaker for us is no forward viewing area - without that - no booking.

Wonder how or if  they will upgrade the thermal suites  f /k/a Persian Garden

S Class is nice as  is,  esp Reflection, but does not have the same  rooms as EDGE

( salt rm, crystal rm etc).   M Class PG is interior,  dark and dank, and has a heated circular bench...no heated loungers, smaller area than S Class.

The changing/ locker/ shower rooms have a nice free dry sauna....

view to the sea. I assume they might be taken out???

Wonder if Canyon Ranch will be replaced with the new Steiner entity as the soa management?

If the first  ship to be done is M class, that will answer some of the questions, then the S Class upgrades.

Deal breaker for us would be addition of  the Enclosed Verandas and loss of the upoer level lounge!..

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

What bothers me most about this Revolution is basically the timing.   At least when they made the M ship Solsticized they waited to get the reaction of people as to whether they liked the elements going into the M ships.  It was a couple of years.  They have not done this with the S and M class ships this time and from reading the reviews  and comments of Edge, some elements are not being received too well.  I realize much of this is to make the suite areas but I guess time will tell.  

I'm with you.  I wish they would go a bit slower and wait for feedback from their loyal guests.  Same goes for the Apex, it is already being built, and X is just now starting to get feedback on the Edge.  Doesn't allow a lot of wiggle room to make a lot of structural changes.

13 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

From whats been said/posted -the front enclosed lounge will be entirely removed for use to build suites and suite only space, correct? 

Hopefully, they will only take a portion of that for the added suites, the way they did for the Reflection.  To completely loose the forward lounge is a big mistake, IMO.  Really missed it on the Edge last week.  Plus, there would be no where to go for inside viewing - glaciers, fjords, rounding Cape Horn, Panama Canal and other itineraries where you want to be up there listening to the narration.  I remember spending the whole day in the Sky Lounge the day we rounded Cape Horn, along with everyone else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ecslady said:

Hopefully, they will only take a portion of that for the added suites, the way they did for the Reflection.  To completely loose the forward lounge is a big mistake, IMO.  Really missed it on the Edge last week.  Plus, there would be no where to go for inside viewing - glaciers, fjords, rounding Cape Horn, Panama Canal and other itineraries where you want to be up there listening to the narration.  I remember spending the whole day in the Sky Lounge the day we rounded Cape Horn, along with everyone else. 

We agree about how much we like and use that space.

Yet won't it be impacted by The Retreat for suits as well?

I wonder if The Retreat is Xs answer to The Yacht Club of MSC

16 hours ago, DannyS said:

This is not exactly correct.

-The press release does not specifically say that The Retreat Lounge will be exactly located where Michael's Club is. People have heard from other sources that is the case and the renderings of The Retreat Lounge on M class look like the space where Michael's Club is. So logical guesstimates are being made but the press release does not clearly define that.

-There is no reference to Luminae at all in this press release. While some of us have been told onboard Edge that new menus will be rolled out to the fleet that mirror what is in Luminae on Edge (which is basically the same old menus with some minor changes) there has not been official confirmation from Celebrity on that yet. I also see nothing about new decor mentioned in reference to Luminae in the Revolution section on Celebrity's website.

-The press release does not state that the Sky Lounge is being replaced. It just mentions the new suites coming in. We have heard from other sources is that it will just mirror the set-up on Reflection where part of the Sky Lounge was taken for the suites but not all.

-The press release does not mention a pool even though earlier information releases did, although they seemed to be careful to reference a pool only where S-class ships were concerned in those prior releaes. The press release also does not mention a large hot tub even though that was also mentioned in earlier information releases and appears in the renderings on the Celebrity Revolution section on their website. https://www.celebritycruises.com/revolution/accommodations/

Basically, what it boils down to is we don't know what will happen until a ship comes out of drydock with the updates or we get deck plans. There were a number of things announced about Edge that did not turn out to be or that changed over time before the ship launched. Much of what we all have been doing is making logical speculation based on the information we have been given so far. I suspect that Celebrity has been holding back on or downplaying certain aspects to avoid complaining from travelers before the ships are even finished or because they are unsure if they will be able to execute certain components until they start to actually work on the ships.

Edited by WonderMan3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

This is not exactly correct.

-The press release does not specifically say that The Retreat Lounge will be exactly located where Michael's Club is. People have heard from other sources that is the case and the renderings of The Retreat Lounge on M class look like the space where Michael's Club is. So logical guesstimates are being made but the press release does not clearly define that.

-There is no reference to Luminae at all in this press release. While some of us have been told onboard Edge that new menus will be rolled out to the fleet that mirror what is in Luminae on Edge (which is basically the same old menus with some minor changes) there has not been official confirmation from Celebrity on that yet. I also see nothing about new decor mentioned in reference to Luminae in the Revolution section on Celebrity's website.

-The press release does not state that the Sky Lounge is being replaced. It just mentions the new suites coming in. We have heard from other sources is that it will just mirror the set-up on Reflection where part of the Sky Lounge was taken for the suites but not all.

-The press release does not mention a pool even though earlier information releases did, although they seemed to be careful to reference a pool only where S-class ships were concerned in those prior releaes. The press release also does not mention a large hot tub even though that was also mentioned in earlier information releases and appears in the renderings on the Celebrity Revolution section on their website. https://www.celebritycruises.com/revolution/accommodations/

Basically, what it boils down to is we don't know what will happen until a ship comes out of drydock with the updates or we get deck plans. There were a number of things announced about Edge that did not turn out to be or that changed over time before the ship launched. Much of what we all have been doing is making logical speculation based on the information we have been given so far. I suspect that Celebrity has been holding back on or downplaying certain aspects to avoid complaining from travelers before the ships are even finished or because they are unsure if they will be able to execute certain components until they start to actually work on the ships.

Michael’s: At The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club), Hoppen has designed a warm and sophisticated atmosphere.

Luminae:  the already-stunning Main Restaurants will undergo a beautiful redesign, with new textures and new finishes added throughout.

Agree on Sky. It will mirror Reflection. A small part of Sky is taken. It is mostly the conference center that gets removed for cabins. (This can’t be done on M class because they already reduced the size of Sky for the kids club (which had been where QSine is now)  That is a good model for how they reduce the size of Sky. 

As for pool, I suspect we will see the basketball court go, and a hot tub in its place. Likely with something similar to the Quantum Class solarium connecting that deck to the Solstice deck. But THAT is speculation. 

Why is Celebrity keeping  this a secret?  Surly they know what changes are planned and already have revised deck plans drafted. I've seen cruise lines publish deck plans on their websites where they have 2 sets of plans available.....  before a certain date - and after a certain date.  Celebrity could do the same.  The fact that they haven't makes one wonder, why not?

2 hours ago, DannyS said:

Michael’s: At The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club), Hoppen has designed a warm and sophisticated atmosphere.

Luminae:  the already-stunning Main Restaurants will undergo a beautiful redesign, with new textures and new finishes added throughout.

Agree on Sky. It will mirror Reflection. A small part of Sky is taken. It is mostly the conference center that gets removed for cabins. (This can’t be done on M class because they already reduced the size of Sky for the kids club (which had been where QSine is now)  That is a good model for how they reduce the size of Sky. 

As for pool, I suspect we will see the basketball court go, and a hot tub in its place. Likely with something similar to the Quantum Class solarium connecting that deck to the Solstice deck. But THAT is speculation. 

The “main restaurants” are the main dining rooms which ties to what is shown in the dining area of the Revolution section on the website. https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/culinary/

It specifically references Main Dining Room there with no reference to Luminae. If you move through that Revolution area Luminae is mentioned in the suites section but no reference to an update. Luminae was just created in 2015 so they may feel that it doesn’t need a refresh.

And again, unless it is explicitly stated in writing it is all speculation. And things also could change even when put in writing or shown in a drawing as we saw with Edge.

• Like 1