Champagne

pdaniel

7 minutes ago, Jason OKeefe said:

We've been reading the online discussion about the champagne served on our ships.  To ensure a consistent guest experience across our fleet of ships, we will now serve Heidsieck champagne on board all ships by March 2019. We thank you all for your passion for Regent Seven Seas Cruises and appreciate your continued support.

Jason - I think that we all love you!  Also, thanks for listening Regent!

27 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

But which one ??    Charles Heidsieck?  Piper-Heisieck ?  Monopole ?   Probably all are better than the one they are serving now...   some are far better!!

Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jason OKeefe said:

Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top

Well!  That will do nicely I would think!   Thank you Mr. O'Keefe!   And thank you VERY much for listening to your "family".   I shall look forward to this champagne on our next cruise, which sadly isn't until 2020 unless you can get the Splendour launched before then!   Joyeux Noël!!

3 hours ago, Jason OKeefe said:

We've been reading the online discussion about the champagne served on our ships.  To ensure a consistent guest experience across our fleet of ships, we will now serve Heidsieck champagne on board all ships by March 2019. We thank you all for your passion for Regent Seven Seas Cruises and appreciate your continued support.

Jason - I also applaud the entire Regent management team for listening to us and making this small but impressive improvement!  Thanks for continuing to read the comments and suggestions of your most loyal (CC) customer base and for giving them serious consideration!  A small "modification" like this can do wonders  towards making a positive and lasting impression of the Regent "product".  I can't wait for our next (2019) Regent cruise. Best Regards and Happy Holidays. 

5 hours ago, 1982CruzStart said:

They started to serve the Germain in lounges etc but they seem to have switched to the Monopole everywhere on explorer right now. 

Good to know.  It sounds as if Explorer passenger ran out of Germain a bit early.  Looking forward to not seeing Germain onboard Explorer in February.

7 hours ago, 1982CruzStart said:

They started to serve the Germain in lounges etc but they seem to have switched to the Monopole everywhere on explorer right now. 

Just spoke to one of the Bar Stewards and apparently Explorer has run out of Germain; hence the move to pouring Monopole. (So some passengers must have been drinking it, or washing their socks in it, during this cruise)

Hopefully they will not bother restocking Germain, if so many dislike the brand, but I suspect that the relevant containers are already in Cape Town awaiting the ship.

Amazed, and disappointed, by the number of brands of wine etc that they have managed to run dry on this cruise.

• 3 years later...
43 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

An old thread but the title says it all…

Can someone tell me what the current standard pour champagne is around the ship in bars?

It’s Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top Champagne.

Dave

• Thanks 1

This is a copy of the Champagne list from Nov on Splendor and they had 2 Krugs then --

You can also bring your own wines onboard - there is no corkage fee.Champagne.thumb.jpg.0a9d8482942d4c8595baac011b54ee00.jpg

We'll be on Splendor with you - March 7 - 24!

Edited by Eno-Bob
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hesitant to open this 'Champagne' bottle/can of worms again......but....here goes:

I just received the bar list from Regent for our upcoming (May 2nd) Explorer cruise. Missing from the list of Champagne and Sparkling wines is the Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top Champagne which was the  'house' pour, even as recently as Jan this year, per recent postings.

Could someone currently on the TA Explorer Cruise please reassure me that the Heidsieck is still available and will continue to be available? 

Much appreciated 🙂 

1 hour ago, Stefken said:

I ask for Pink Champagne in our suite, and it’s always there when we board. Great way to start a cruise.

I didn’t realize that there was a Rose Champagne on the included wine list. Would you kindly share the name of it please.  Thanks 

• Like 1