No more unlimited Platinum Internet on Regal

jasbo49

We're on the Regal now. We got notice on boarding 11-1 that we would have unlimited Internet for Platinums and Elites, but the 11-11 cruise would be back to counting minutes. 

Just thought I'd pass it along, since people have been wondering. 

FYI: I'm not ruling out answering a question or two, but don't plan on spending my vacation time monitoring Cruise Critic and jumping up to investigate who the assistant waiters are in the Allegro, etc.

As much as I appreciate the "live froms," this isn't one.

Jim

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jasbo49 said:

FYI: I'm not ruling out answering a question or two, but don't plan on spending my vacation time monitoring Cruise Critic and jumping up to investigate who the assistant waiters are in the Allegro, etc.

As much as I appreciate the "live froms," this isn't one.

Jim

:classic_laugh: Enjoy your vacation.  I wouldn't interrupt mine either.

I was told last night in the Internet Cafe that it is not ending on the 11/11 cruise. They have a looong way to go for installation of all the Medallion equiptnent. So who knows when it will end.......they are still having issues with connectivity, signal strength etc. the system was down many times last night  between 7pm and 11pm.

5 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I was told last night in the Internet Cafe that it is not ending on the 11/11 cruise. They have a looong way to go for installation of all the Medallion equiptnent. So who knows when it will end.......they are still having issues with connectivity, signal strength etc. the system was down many times last night  between 7pm and 11pm.

Thanks Keith for that update.  Hope you are enjoying your cruise!

On 11/2/2018 at 5:24 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Jim, if you do get the chance.  Can you find out what kind of credit Platinum/Elite will get towards the unlimited package.

Again, enjoy your cruises!!

I talked to the internet manager on the CB two weeks ago when a friend called me from the cafe so I could ask a few questions.  If you purchase the unlimited package, your elite minutes are gone.   I purchased the unlimited for our cruise next week and was hoping I could give them to my dh.   If you wait and use your minutes first, then the unlimited plan will cost you more.  Not sure if the policy is the same on the Regal as the CB.

Thanks for the update. We enjoyed the unlimited minutes on the Regal in February. DH even did a continuing education webinar using his. But when we got back to limited minutes on the Royal in September, I got back to my old habit of using my minutes wisely. I was still able to check email and Facebook, download my hometown paper, and keep up a live thread and still ended up with nearly an hour left out of our 250 minutes (15-day cruise).

3 hours ago, compozer said:

I talked to the internet manager on the CB two weeks ago when a friend called me from the cafe so I could ask a few questions.  If you purchase the unlimited package, your elite minutes are gone.   I purchased the unlimited for our cruise next week and was hoping I could give them to my dh.   If you wait and use your minutes first, then the unlimited plan will cost you more.  Not sure if the policy is the same on the Regal as the CB.

Do you get the unlimited plan at a discount if you give up your minutes for it? And which unlimited plan did you get, social, surf or strea,?

This is all that has been available on my cruise.  Exactly the same for my March cruise on the CB.   But on my Feb Australian one, there are more choices.   So it must be all that is available for the CB since the medallion is in place.             Not sure if this is a discount or not but someone said they used their elite minutes first and then they had to buy the minutes by the day.   That is why I decided to prepay.

INTERNET ACCESS

All prices include account activation fee. All prices are subject to change without notice. No other onboard bonuses are applicable.

Couple sitting on a couch looking at tablet

Internet Access - Purchase Pre-Cruise And Save!

Quantity
Internet Access - Purchase Pre-Cruise and Save! MedallionNet Voyage Package – Save over 50% pre-cruise! $99.99
MedallionNet Voyage Package – Save over 50% pre-cruise!

$99.99
 0 12345678910

Purchase an unlimited internet voyage package for as low as $9.99/day and save over 50%!

Stay connected like never before with the best Wi-Fi at sea. From email to streaming, enjoy truly premium, unlimited access!

*All Internet usage subject to Princess Cruises' standard policies, which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change.

Add to Cart
Stateroom with balcony

In-Cabin Calling To Shore

In-Cabin Calling To Shore 10 minutes $49.50
10 minutes

$49.50
 0 12345678910

Add to Cart
Internet Access Total: $0.00

12 hours ago, compozer said:

Thank you for letting me know.