Toiletries on Princess ships?

Guinness1000

This Christmas will be our first Princess cruise on Island Princess. We usually go on HAL, RCCL or Celebrity. Last year we went on RCCL for the first time in several years and I didn't bring shampoo and conditioner. There was some "goop" in the shower dispenser on the ship, but I wouldn't put that in my hair, so I had to run down to the store and buy some hair stuff. The guy in the store said shampoo and conditioner are always their biggest seller the first day. I don't bring any on HAL or Celebrity. Love especially HAL's products. Anyway, short question, does Princess provide any decent toiletries on their ships or do we need to bring our own?  :)

We take our own shampoo and conditioner (not that I have much hair left). I find the stuff in the shower to be horrid. We use the bar of soap from the bathroom sink in the shower and the steward just leaves me another one by the sink. Works well for us.

I bring my own hair products to use.  Princess provides small round bars of soap which is nice and DH and I use them.  Our room steward always leaves us a couple of bars a day.  I bring it home and use it.  There's body wash and shampoo in the dispensers in the shower.  We use the body wash, no complaints.  Also, our room steward leave tubes of lotion which I use on my feet every day.

Edited by elliair

We did our first RCCL cruise last year and shampoo and conditioner were not in the bathroom.   They were provided on request but it made me feel they were cheaping out.  A small thing but left a poor first impression for sure.

Not keen on Princess' shampoo/ conditioner/shower gel mixture. Bar soap fine for sink and shower , lotion suitable for feet.

Either buy shampoo and conditioner after flying into port or take Lush's shampoo and conditioner bars to avoid excess weight in luggage. Have also tried taking shampoo and conditioner in sachets... available from Poundland (at times) or independent pharmacies.

I am provided with "upgraded bathroom amenities", which include those small bottles of shampoo (I think shampoo & conditioner in one) and body cleanser and lotion. 

However, I always bring my own bar of soap -- I dislike the small soap bars that hotels and cruise ships provide (and I dislike the pump bottles even more), and the cost of a bar of soap is small enough that I simply bring my own full sized bar, which I abandon at the end of the cruise.

11 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Not keen on Princess' shampoo/ conditioner/shower gel mixture. Bar soap fine for sink and shower , lotion suitable for feet.

Either buy shampoo and conditioner after flying into port or take Lush's shampoo and conditioner bars to avoid excess weight in luggage. Have also tried taking shampoo and conditioner in sachets... available from Poundland (at times) or independent pharmacies.

That’s really an outrageously bad font to have to try to read on an electronic device

Like others, we ask for another small bar of soap to use in the shower.

DH doesn't have much hair so he likes the all in one shampoo and conditioner just fine. My hair is thick and wavy so I always bring my own sulphate free products with me. I even schlepped them on our Alaskan cruise tour. There is no way I can manage my hair without a good conditioner.

I did find, however, that the shampoo/conditioner combo in the shower dispenser is great for shaving my legs!

On 11/4/2018 at 6:40 PM, Guinness1000 said:

Thanks!

This is our first ten day cruise so suitcases will be really full. If we don't have to bring shampoo, conditioner and soap, it will free up some space for other stuff to bring.  🙂

Like many others have said, the shower gel and shampoo/conditioner are just fine, as are the bar soap and lotion.  I have naturally curly hair and I don't find the shampoo/conditioner combo to be drying.  I'm also doing a ten-day cruise soon (in January) and don't plan on packing soap/shampoo etc because what I get onboard works well for me.

• Like 1