Mini Blog - Live from Voyager - Barcelona - Miami

Travelcat2

1 minute ago, greenolaker said:

I am enjoying following along with your sailing. I can’t believe that you are getting internet in the middle of the ocean!  Love seeing the actual menus and daily activities. 

Glad that you are enjoying the posts.  We had internet issues this morning but are back online this afternoon. Will take photos of more menus as time permits (also more activity sheets).  Hoping that by tomorrow the ship will be a bit less bouncy so that the photos don’t look so crooked. Hard to hold my iPad straight when just standing up is diffficult.   

Weather and seas report:  About 80 degrees outside with a few clouds - mostly sunny.  Waves should be down to 6 -8 feet tomorrow which is easier than what it has been. Think that we have 11ft waves now........ definitely ”swells” rather than typical waves.

Update - all is well.  The boat had no one on it and apparently had come loose from a Croatian ship. The Captain reported it to the proper authorities.  For 45 minutes we all were concerned about the safety of anyone that may have been on the boat.  The Captain blew the horn very loudly a couple of times — not sure what was done during the investigation as passengers were asked to stay inside on the port side of the ship.

I’ll ask the Staff Captain when we see him and see if I can get more detail. In the meantime we still have over 2,000 miles to sail to reach Miami.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Jackie:

Great job posting pics!  Thanks for keeping us informed and taking us along on your journey. Are you staying in Miami or flying home on getaway day?

Z and TB

'Z and TB,

For better or worse, we are flying home right after this cruise.  Since our flight is on the Monday after Thanksgiving, it is fortunate that we even got flights.  Unfortunately, we are stopping in Minneapolis which may or may not be snowed in.

I really tried to post a video of the Captain and CD when they were going through maps that showed why we are doing what we are doing.  I was not successful in posting a video but will keep trying.

Dennis and I truly love the Voyager but are over the top excited to be on Explorer in February for Dennis' very special birthday (with that you two were there).l  

Z, did you learn anything about Olga about still being on Regent?  It seems that she has been off the ships for longer than normal.

Jackie

Edited by Travelcat2

Jackie, would you be able to post the menu from Chartreuse at some point. From reading the menu online we thought that it would be the highlight of our dining experience onboard, but most of the reviews are not glowing. 

Enjoying following along on your transatlantic voyage as we would like to do one of those soon.

Jackie - so many thanks for posting the menus.  Great to see the diversity of what is on offer.  And I noticed Reblochon was on the cheese menu!  (Ken adores that in any way, shape or form).  

I suppose you will have Thanksgiving on board the ship?  Hope Voyager is nicely decorated with turkeys!!

12 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

'Z and TB,

For better or worse, we are flying home right after this cruise.  Since our flight is on the Monday after Thanksgiving, it is fortunate that we even got flights.  Unfortunately, we are stopping in Minneapolis which may or may not be snowed in.

I really tried to post a video of the Captain and CD when they were going through maps that showed why we are doing what we are doing.  I was not successful in posting a video but will keep trying.

Dennis and I truly love the Voyager but are over the top excited to be on Explorer in February for Dennis' very special birthday (with that you two were there).l  

Z, did you learn anything about Olga about still being on Regent?  It seems that she has been off the ships for longer than normal.

Jackie

Jackie:

I contacted Olga via Facebook (thanks for the link) and she was real excited to hear from us.  She took an extended leave from Regent to take care of some family issues, but plans on returning soon.  She said that she definitely has not quit and is still part of the Regent crew.  Of course, I had to put in my two cents' worth and told her to be on the navigator in June 2019.  Good luck getting home on the 26th, but I think you should be Ok getting out of Miami since Sunday should be more congested as cruisers and holiday visitors head home.  Enjoy your cruise and keep posting!

Z and TB

7 hours ago, rcandkc said:

I’m starting to realize our 30 foot seas on Voyager in the Tasman Sea was a big event.  I had trouble getting dressed and pool deck and la Veranda were totally closed.  

I can't imagine consistent 30 foot seas.  According to Captain Stan, we hit about 25 foot waves but only intermittently.  The seas were consistently high but somehow became tolerable after a couple of days.  It gives quite a workout to your lower legs.  It felt like I went to the gym and worked out too hard on my calves.

vegasdriven and Gerry, will be posting Chartreuse menu and anything else that I can find of interest on the television.  It is easier to post photos from the television than from pieces of paper.  I'll also try out the video function again as I would love to video some of the Connoisseur Wine Lunch (if we have it -- they need 12 people and still have not reached that number).

Dinner in CR last night was delicious.  We cancelled our Chartreuse reservation in order to dine in CR.  We like Chartreuse on Explorer but, for some reason, the offerings on Voyager seem different and not as inviting.  This could simply be our imagination.

There will be something special for lunch today and La Veranda will have a themed buffet.  I suppose I need to go upstairs and take some photos to post.

Starting to hear a few (very few) grumbles about getting tired of sea days.  Personally we have no issue at all.  Had we stopped in Bermuda, we would have been on the ship more than ashore as we have done Bermuda way too many times and there are no excursions left that I would want to do again.

Ending this boring post and will start postings menu's, activities.....