New Miami Terminal

ramja96

2 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It's a simple 7 minute cab ride from the FLL airport.

Yeah, to the entrance of the port where you have to get past security (sometimes a very long wait) which doesn't exist at POM.

Biker, who wonders if anyone chooses their flights based on the look of the airport.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Outride wrong.  It's a simple 7 minute cab ride from the FLL airport.

Common folks...we don't need fiction writing on this stuff...

Hey everyone..... While I absolutely think ANGRYcruisefan0001  is grossly over dramatizing their "opinions".  There is some good news here.

I know with 100% certainty since ANGRYcruisefan0001 is avoiding and running from the new terminal like the plague (as previously announced)  .  There is 0% possibility of me having to sail with him.     LOL

There is a number of reasons why I pick a cruise port.  Distance from airport?  Cruise Ships that sale from them.  However  What the port looks like has never even been a consideration.  If thats the case there is a multitude of Caribbean ports I would have to avoid as well

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt
  • Like 1

Oh contrare....plenty of folks posting on the web bout the "eyesore neighborhood" for this Terminal...as well as here...

The issue is the sum of the parts my friend...sum of the parts...

Rest assured there will be plenty of folks avoiding the FLAGSHIP Terminal like the plague based on its location...

My Magic 8 Ball say's, "Don't count on it". 

• Like 1

Using the same logic and reasoning as Royal Caribbean for the Miami location...

...their 2nd choice (to be located in San Francisco Bay) was equally intriguing...and an amazing view for those that count that as important...

MIAMI TERMINAL SF.jpg

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Using the same logic and reasoning as Royal Caribbean for the Miami location...

...their 2nd choice (to be located in San Francisco Bay) was equally intriguing...and an amazing view for those that count that as important...

MIAMI TERMINAL SF.jpg

Actually,

If you think getting to the port of miami is bad.... you have no idea how long it takes to get down the embarcadaro in san Francisco in traffic to that very small port.  And while the view once you have sailed (and I have done it)  is beautiful (assuming the bay is not fogged in, as it often is).  if you are shore side on your balcony... it's not very nice.   oh..... and there is really zero parking.......

we all get it.  for some reason this port makes you very angry... but the thought if people not sailing from the port because POM is and industrial port, is simply not going to happen.  I dont mind sitting on my balcony watching container ships and what not go by while we are docked.  I think it's interesting.  

36 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Gee... I wonder what the view looks like to the left of those photos and from any port side balcony...quite a different experience... impressive indeed... 😏

Somehow I knew you would do that. It's not all that bad from the other side either unless you fixate on the view you provided....

pm3.jpg

8 minutes ago, TheTruthCanHurt said:

for some reason this port makes you very angry... 

Not at all. It's Royal Caribbean's eyesore embarrassment, not mine.

I'm just surprised they'd spend all that money on the building, only to flop in the execution with this location. Oh well...plenty of other places to sail from without needing blinders on.

Not at all. It's Royal Caribbean's eyesore embarrassment, not mine.

I'm just surprised they'd spend all that money on the building, only to flop in the execution with this location. Oh well...plenty of other places to sail from without needing blinders on.

Yes... LOL  it's shocking why Royal Caribbean would even consider building their new terminal at the port of Miami IN THE PORT OF MIAMI.  LOL  Happy sailing...

I like port of Miami.  It's easy to get to.  Close to the airport, and can now accommodate the larger classes of ships.  Win Win.    I have been lucky (and I do mean lucky) enough to sale from many cruise ports, and Miami is nowhere even close to the bottom of my list... In fact, it's in my top two ....  and If I am being completely honest,  Port of Miami, which you think is so dirty, is most likely substantially cleaner than the cab I take from the airport to get there. LOL

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

3 minutes ago, TheTruthCanHurt said:

Yes... LOL  it's shocking why Royal Caribbean would even consider building their new terminal at the port of Miami IN THE PORT OF MIAMI.  LOL  Happy sailing...

Right, it's really not a bad choice. Very close to all of the things Miami is famous for. Unfortunately Dodge Island is only so large and the cruise ships have to share the port with the cargo ships. C'est la vie.

47 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

FLL is the worst. 

I agree, I dont know why police officers working at port everglade are so so rude they are always fighting with everyone and the attitude is for free. Both port of miami and port everglades have some containers to look at from the balcony but the final sail away from miami is amazing

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ok, here a view of what you’d be looking at in FLL.  Looks pretty similar to me.

Not even close - FLL has 1/4 the immediate surrounding commercial stuff adjacent to the Terminal that MIA has.

Only Fred and Lamont Sanford would enjoy the view around the new Miami Terminal. No one we know would ever consider that port until it gets significantly improved - with these 2 things leading the pack:

1) Surrounding sight of all the commercial junk shielded by tall vegetation or other technique

2) Better road access to the Terminal

For those of us who pay a lot of money for cruises that don't want to start them off by leaving from a port so visually disgusting...we easily can vote our wallet or else choose another port. Rest assured, there will be tons of folks in that category, and it won't disappear as an issue for years to come. Royal Caribbean made a monstrous mistake here. They easily could have demanded infrastructure improvements when agreeing to the location. The contrast between the inside of the new Terminal and the surroundings of the facility is profound. Denial and excuses won't fix this major problem.

If this debacle doesn't mean much to some folks...great...enjoy.  The rest of us will sail from a cleaner and more appealing port.

7 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Not even close - FLL has 1/4 the immediate surrounding commercial stuff adjacent to the Terminal that MIA has.

Only Fred and Lamont Sanford would enjoy the view around the new Miami Terminal. No one we know would ever consider that port until it gets significantly improved - with these 2 things leading the pack:

1) Surrounding sight of all the commercial junk shielded by tall vegetation or other technique

For those of us who pay a lot of money for cruises that don't want to start them off by leaving from a port so visually disgusting...we easily can vote our wallet or else choose another port. Rest assured, there will be tons of folks in that category, and it won't disappear as an issue for years to come. Royal Caribbean made a monstrous mistake here. They easily could have demanded infrastructure improvements when agreeing to the location. The contrast between the inside of the new Terminal and the surroundings of the facility is profound. Denial and excuses won't fix this major problem.

If this debacle doesn't mean much to some folks...great...enjoy.  The rest of us will sail from a cleaner and more appealing port.

Lol.  Different arguments, however it sounds s lot like all the naysayers who said the Oasis class was a huge mistake by Royal.  

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lol.  Different arguments, however it sounds s lot like all the naysayers who said the Oasis class was a huge mistake by Royal.  

Yet all the points about the Miami port are correct and accurate.

No clue about that goofy reference regarding Oasis - heck - she was launched almost 10 years ago.

The first step in any 12-step program is getting past denial.  Clearly, some work still needs to get done.

3 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Cruisefan,

If you want to see an industrial area to sail from try Bayonne.  The thing about Miami is--its a port and it looks like a port.  I don't see any problem with the location.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I think we get it. you don't want to sail out of Miami.  But why are you so angry????  maybe you should take a break for a minute

1.  if you think the oasis class reference was old (which I thought was a fair point) .... why did you use a fred and lamont sanford reference from a TV show that went off the air in 1977?

2.  AS for tons of people avoiding that port.. you are probably right.  Lets see.....  

1  ton = 2000lbs   and lets say you travel with 6 of your friends.  Yep.  thats about a ton

LOL  take a break... try to enjoy life 

3 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

So, what about Terminal G (the one RCI uses for non-Oasis class ships most of the time) at POM? Anything wrong with that?