Cruise critic boards issue?

I do not know the reason. It was happening to me as well several days ago, went away, and returned again today. It seems to be when I go directly to the Boards page and whole screen keeps flashing. Currently using another browser after logging out and back in from main CC page. 

I have already cleared all history/cache/cookies and don't think there is any problem at my end. 

4 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

I am using Google Chrome right now and not having any problems at all. 

Just tried Google Chrome and it's still not working for me.  I'm sure they will fix it soon.  Font looks so weird on Edge :classic_smile: but I'm glad I can still get on.  Thanks.

I had the log in/log out/log in problem a few days ago on my iPhone. Clearing the cookies helped, but I just had it happen again this morning: the home page keeps cycling through a series of logged out and logged in views, and won’t stop. This time, I shut down my phone. Seems okay now for the moment, but it is starting to look like there’s some glitch with iOS compatibility on mobile devices. 

I’m tired of clearing my cookies, which requires me to again log on to other sites bedsides this one. 

2 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

That's where I was going to put my post but the forum seems to have disappeared.  I guess they think they fixed everything. :classic_dry:

No they intentional closed it because, according to Help_Jen, people were using it to complain about the new platform more than they were using it to report issues and it quickly lost its usefulness for the the techs and developers who were trying to correct the problems.

If, after trying Cruise Master's suggestions, you are still having a problems, e-mail help@cruisecritic.com. Stick to the facts. Include your operating system, the browser you are having trouble with, when the trouble started, what you have done so far to try to correct it (whether it has helped or not). The more information you give and the more people who e-mail, the better to help them pinpoint the problem.

Edited by Peregrina651

Yep same problem with Chrome on my phone.

Also having problems logging in on Chrome on my laptop... On that I'm getting a bad request error message.

Currently using Firefox and it's been ok but just seen another thread where people are having problems on Firefox too so I'm anticipating it stopping working.

There is another thread about this problem -- CC keeps reloading and reloading and reloading.

It doesn't make any difference what I use -- Edge, Internet Explorer or Chrome -- I keep getting the same problem.  Then it clears for a while.  I turn off the computer to do some other work.  Come back on and there is the same problem all over.

2 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

There is another thread about this problem -- CC keeps reloading and reloading and reloading.

It doesn't make any difference what I use -- Edge, Internet Explorer or Chrome -- I keep getting the same problem.  Then it clears for a while.  I turn off the computer to do some other work.  Come back on and there is the same problem all over.

Sorry to hear that. I experience it intermittently and there's no rhyme nor reason. Rebooting did seem to fix it for me, but that might just be a coincidence. Perhaps it cleared up on it's own. I would not mess around with my computers' settings if I were you, since it's a server side problem and it's not the fault of your machine.

If I had a better answer, I'd give it... But I'm just as baffled as anyone else.

FWIW, I haven't had a single instance of the problem of constant reloading, or of this latest problem with Chrome.

I therefore suspect that these problems could possibly be cookie related, as I always start a browser session with a clean (no cookies) browser because I'm always browsing through an In Private / Incognito window, so that all cookies are cleared when I shut down the browser.

5 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

FWIW, I haven't had a single instance of the problem of constant reloading, or of this latest problem with Chrome.

Lucky you! :classic_laugh: I have had it on occasion and my cookies dump by rule every time the browser closes. Perhaps the server for England is better behaved.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

I had the log in/log out/log in problem a few days ago on my iPhone. Clearing the cookies helped, but I just had it happen again this morning: the home page keeps cycling through a series of logged out and logged in views, and won’t stop. This time, I shut down my phone. Seems okay now for the moment, but it is starting to look like there’s some glitch with iOS compatibility on mobile devices. 

I’m tired of clearing my cookies, which requires me to again log on to other sites bedsides this one. 

It's not only iOS. I had the same problem in on Android.

I believe you can selectively clear cookies in Safari.