CRUISE NIGHT COUPON BOOKS ?

canadarocks

3 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

No idea but on the one we have recently had and another one coming up it credits our TA with getting it for us.

Personally would be happy to sway it for a cup of coffee as we find it useless. 

Isn't the half price dinner nice? or the free bottle of water?

3 hours ago, Coral said:

It often comes when TAs have a special $100 deposit time (even if you don't use the $100 deposit and use a FCD).

Hmmmm. If my TA wants more of my business they better make a effort to provide one in the future. I give them a lot of business without any hassle. 

12 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Hmmmm. If my TA wants more of my business they better make a effort to provide one in the future. I give them a lot of business without any hassle. 

They really are not worth it.

TA's can only provide these so often. So it depends on when you book. You may want to ask your TA when you book if they have the coupon books/cruise night coupon books as part of the booking and if not, when they will have them. My TA can tell me.

14 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

If we could use the coupon later in the cruise it would be useful. The first night we would rather meet our table mates or if they have assigned us to a table for two make a change.

Have two (2) cruises Booked.  Sky Princess 1/4/20, regular deposit with no coupon book. Enchanted Princess 2/27/21, $100.00 pp deposit with coupon book.  Eah cruise booked at different time and with same TA.  Confirmation shows coupon book is from TA.

The Travel Agencies have a "window of opportunity" of about 3 weeks to offer the books with a deposit.  Princess generally will provide this to the agencies several times a year--I think it's 3 but I could be wrong.  They usually try to coordinate the offerings  with their Travel nights or a special Princess event so it is not offered at the same time of the year at all agencies.  The Big Box company that we have used just had the booking event last month when we booked and we did receive the coupon books for our next cruise.  I just checked and it is not being offered for bookings right now on the Big Box site.  If you use a traditional TA I would ask to be notified when their event will be coming up, if this is something you would like.  The traditional TA that we previously used always had this for their big travel show in November.

21 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Who knows how a person qualifies to get one of the Cruise Night Coupon books?

Is it the TA that has control over it or does the book come from Princess during a special booking period?

The coupon book really comes from Princess and is offered through TAs during special booking periods.

It comes automatically if you are booking with a TA during one of those periods and is just not available if you book at other times.

Almost all of the coupons require you to spend $$$ to be able to utilize the coupon. For example:

o first night free specialty dinner if you buy one

o x% off a purchase over yy$ in one of the boutiques on the ship

o x% off framing for an art auction purchase

In the past I have found the best use for this coupon book is to prop the cabin door open a little in order to get a better Internet WIFI signal inside the cabin.

13 hours ago, Jezabel2924 said:

The Travel Agencies have a "window of opportunity" of about 3 weeks to offer the books with a deposit.  Princess generally will provide this to the agencies several times a year--I think it's 3 but I could be wrong.  They usually try to coordinate the offerings  with their Travel nights or a special Princess event so it is not offered at the same time of the year at all agencies.  The Big Box company that we have used just had the booking event last month when we booked and we did receive the coupon books for our next cruise.  I just checked and it is not being offered for bookings right now on the Big Box site.  If you use a traditional TA I would ask to be notified when their event will be coming up, if this is something you would like.  The traditional TA that we previously used always had this for their big travel show in November.

Thank you. 

It sounds like different TA's may have a little more latitude in applying the perk depending on their sales with Princess. 

I will check when next booking a trip.

If you don't ask you'll never know.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

The coupon book really comes from Princess and is offered through TAs during special booking periods.

In the past I have found the best use for this coupon book is to prop the cabin door open a little in order to get a better Internet WIFI signal inside the cabin.

Interesting use for coupon book. Might have to try it.

35 minutes ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Interesting use for coupon book. Might have to try it.

Why not remove the best coupons for specialty dining & present them to someone who might appreciate them?

You can still use the rest of the booklet for your door prop. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Why not remove the best coupons for specialty dining & present them to someone who might appreciate them?

You can still use the rest of the booklet for your door prop. 

Specialty dining is only good for first night and typically we will not know anyone when we board the ship. 

55 minutes ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Specialty dining is only good for first night and typically we will not know anyone when we board the ship. 

You could walk by one of the specialty restaurants during dinner time and offer the coupon to anyone preparing to check in at the restaurant. 

• Like 1

We booked a March 2020 cruise directly through Princess on Saturday. The Princess rep said she was also including a coupon book. I didn’t pay it any mind since I have never found the coupons worthwhile. It’s good to know about the first night BOGO. I would not have discovered it until too late. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Micah's Grandad said:

58 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

You could walk by one of the specialty restaurants during dinner time and offer the coupon to anyone preparing to check in at the restaurant. 

Or you can go to your roll call and offer the second book to one of your fellow passengers, we did.

Theo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike_DeA said:

Excellent idea  .

We do that with the  Coupons ( Bogo and water) from our 2nd book .

Our TA runs about 10 Cruise Night Weeks every year so we get that virtually book every time .

2 hours ago, MadisonBay said:

We booked a March 2020 cruise directly through Princess on Saturday. The Princess rep said she was also including a coupon book. I didn’t pay it any mind since I have never found the coupons worthwhile. It’s good to know about the first night BOGO. I would not have discovered it until too late. Thanks. 

Make sure it's a Cruise Night coupon book & not just the ordinary coupon booklet.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 6:21 AM, Mike_DeA said:

I'm gifting my coupon book to the person keeping the M&G tally .... all I did was reserve the room, will invite officers, & pay for the microphone.  She has the daunting task of keeping the list straight 

15 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We have done many cruises with Princess all sailing from the UK and as a UK cruiser have never been given a coupon book. Is this something available only to US cruisers.

It might be only the US.

It comes from the TA when booked certain times of the year.

I use a very good TA and they offer the coupon book and a reduced deposit for a week or two each month.  They notify there clients with there schedule with an email.  Just have to wait to book during that time frame to get one.

1 hour ago, lbfluffy said:

I have booked with a TA, but only received a coupon book once. I don’t think I’m getting on on this upcoming cruise.

If you were it would be shown in your cruise personalizer as "CRUISE NIGHT COUPON BOOK"

First night offer for the specialty for same reasons why you do not like doing the specialty on the first night. They are usually slow so thus the offer. Many lines offer a discount or a BOGO for the first night in certain specialty restaurants. We will certainly use it. The only one that I have not found offering any specialty restaurant discounts is Carnival. They are not expensive anyhow. The Celebrity EDGE offered $35.00 for the steak house but no seating prior to 9:30 PM As soon as we arrived, I went directly to book for the evening if I could get it early. I asked for 6:00 PM. No problem. That will be $55.00 pp I asked about the first night $35.00. Did not know anything about it. So it was on the web site offer only and not able to pick the time, even though it said pick your time. So with that said. Carnival, depending which ship for the steak house is anywhere between $34pp to $38pp Great price including the gratuities for a great steak. Cruised on Princess but did not dot he steak. We are booked on the Sky and the Island first part of next year and we will do the steak BOGO for both cruises and see how that turns out.