Future cruise deposit

Clampram

We  will be submitting the forms for the FCD on our cruise in 2 weeks.........we printed out the forms from our cruise personalizer. How do you get the actual documentation........is it email or within your princess personalizer or do they give you a hard copy while on board?

Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, Clampram said:

We  will be submitting the forms for the FCD on our cruise in 2 weeks.........we printed out the forms from our cruise personalizer. How do you get the actual documentation........is it email or within your princess personalizer or do they give you a hard copy while on board?

Thanks in advance!

The last couple of times I purchased them, I received an email- almost immediately.

Also, just a reminder- you cannot use OBC to purchase an FCD. They will directly charge your credit card.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clampram said:

Thanks in advance!

There are plenty of forms on the ship. They are even delivered with your cabin mail. You just fill them out and drop them in the Future Cruise Consultant's drop box. You receive an e-mail confirmation or a hard copy in your cabin mail. The deposits are charged directly to your credit card on file. Alternately you can make the deposits using the Princess @ Sea program, no paper. Remember FCD's are specific per person. If you are a couple and want one or more for each person then you have to indicate each person on the form.

Tip: do this early in the cruise so you do receive a confirmation before you depart the ship. Also the consultant gets very busy toward the end of the cruise.

4 minutes ago, skynight said:

There are plenty of forms on the ship. They are even delivered with your cabin mail. You just fill them out and drop them in the Future Cruise Consultant's drop box. You receive an e-mail confirmation or a hard copy in your cabin mail. The deposits are charged directly to your credit card on file. Alternately you can make the deposits using the Princess @ Sea program, no paper. Remember FCD's are specific per person. If you are a couple and want one or more for each person then you have to indicate each person on the form.

Tip: do this early in the cruise so you do receive a confirmation before you depart the ship. Also the consultant gets very busy toward the end of the cruise.

Good idea to do it early in the cruise.....thanks. I thought we could only buy one per person???

52 minutes ago, Clampram said:

Good idea to do it early in the cruise.....thanks. I thought we could only buy one per person???

Yes, no limit. Just fill in the number per person you want. $100 for each will be charged directly to your credit card when processed. We normally have an inventory of them for flexibility for future bookings, but right at this moment they are all used for future bookings. Will have to get more on our next cruise in February.

1 hour ago, Clampram said:

It is charged to your CC on file and not your shipboard account.

We received an email verification when it was completed.

You can buy as many as you want but you can only use one for the first 2 in the cabin for the associated OBC when you book..

We keep a minimum of 10 each on hand at all times.

I wouldn't want to only have 1 each. We thought we were safe with 3 each but ended up booking 4 cruises. Fortunately one was just a one week "add on" that we added before our 19 day last November. We had the 19 day booked and my wife "just happened to notice" that there was a 7 day that would hook right on the front end so we did that but were out of FCD. We bought 2 more each on one or the other of those two cruises (can't remember which one!) and still have cruises booked for May, October, and November. We "may" buy a couple more each on one of those cruises but really don't know what we will be doing for certain. I just know that 1 per person really isn't enough if you "might" be cruising more.

13 minutes ago, RyanR1982 said:

If I buy 1 set on one cruise and another set on another can I combine them onto 1 future cruise?

It's only one FCD per cruise booking per person. There is no combining of FCDs. It doesn't really matter which cruise you purchased your FCD on, they can be used for any future cruise with the exception of World Cruises. Additionally, each FCD applies to a particular person only, they are non-transferable.

Edited by beg3yrs

On our last 2 cruises we did not receive a letter in the cabin stating that we had purchased them.   I asked the Future cruise reps and they both said it is not done  anymore.  You will get an email about it and so will your agent if you used one.

1 hour ago, RyanR1982 said:

If I buy 1 set on one cruise and another set on another can I combine them onto 1 future cruise?

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

It's only one FCD per cruise booking per person. There is no combining of FCDs. It doesn't really matter which cruise you purchased your FCD on, they can be used for any future cruise with the exception of World Cruises. Additionally, each FCD applies to a particular person only, they are non-transferable.

Actually I believe you can technically use more than one per person on a single cruise but the second one will only count for $100 off the cost of the cruise - it won't get the OBC - so it's a waste of the FCD.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, emmak8 said:

I have bought as many as four. In one time. Never heard there was a limit.

You are correct .... there is no limit.  We've gotten 4 each in the past as well.  I hate running out ... been there, done that.  I even forgot about one and got a check in the mail without realizing what is was for.  That's really not like me ... now, I keep track of everything on my cruise personalizer so you don't really even need the documentation (comment for the OP).  

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

What is the difference between FCC and FCD?

am I confusing Royal Caribbean terminology with Princess’s?

I buy from both and call them all FCC’s. 

Everyone used to call them an FCC.

PC now is FCD-future cruise deposit.   🙄

Takes me a while to catch up with the latest trends!

As long as Princess still refunds your money if they’re unused, I’m willing to buy them. 

Royal Caribbean doesn’t. 

Of course, being forced to cruise isn’t a bad thing. 

24 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

What is the difference between FCC and FCD?

am I confusing Royal Caribbean terminology with Princess’s?

I buy from both and call them all FCC’s. 

A future cruise credit (FCC) can come from various sources. It can be granted to you by Princess to make amends for some problem with a previous cruise. It can be granted from a move-over offer and it can come from cancelling a cruise after final payment and you have cancel-for-any-reason insurance. There are likely other sources too. If you have enought, it can be used to pay for a cruise as well.

The future cruise deposit (FCD) is purchased on-board and is used as a full deposit for a future cruise and it comes with OBC depending on length of cruise and stateroom type.

• Like 2

Princess@sea is clearly the most efficient way to buy FCDs. 

For anyone not into connected devices, the old paper version works fine too. If doing paper, don’t feel obligated to spend time with the Cruise Consultant. I’ve often seen a half dozen people in line to see him/her. Unless you need very specific advice, don’t waste your time. Just drop the form in the box outside the Cruise Consultant’s office. 

4 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

Princess@sea is clearly the most efficient way to buy FCDs. 

For anyone not into connected devices, the old paper version works fine too. If doing paper, don’t feel obligated to spend time with the Cruise Consultant. I’ve often seen a half dozen people in line to see him/her. Unless you need very specific advice, don’t waste your time. Just drop the form in the box outside the Cruise Consultant’s office. 

Absolutely. We bought our latest FCDs via the Princess@sea app.  It worked a treat.  No more paper confirmation, just sent directly to us via email.  When we were new cruisers we had no idea about FCDs and so missed out on at least 3 cruises.  Thank goodness for Cruise Critic and the wealth of information that everyone shares.  We have just run out of our FCDs and aren't due to cruise again until May (rookie mistake).  Certainly need to have quite a few in reserve.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

I have a booked cruise with no perks.

Can I purchase a FCD and apply it to the exiting booking to get the OBC?

You can only purchase them whilst on board.  I don't know if you can apply a FCD that was purchased after you booked your cruise.