Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

The OVC bar-type seating facing the ocean was very popular on the Edge. If it's crowded, I have a hard time joining others at a table. This option was nice because you could sit with others without feeling you were encroaching upon their space. It was conducive to striking up a conversation with your neighbor - we met some nice people with that type of seating.🙂

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

The OVC bar-type seating facing the ocean was very popular on the Edge. If it's crowded, I have a hard time joining others at a table. This option was nice because you could sit with others without feeling you were encroaching upon their space. It was conducive to striking up a conversation with your neighbor - we met some nice people with that type of seating.🙂

Good to hear.   I could see using the space myself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D C said:

My first thought was BACON.

What on earth are they trying to do there?  They just removed 90% of the shady spots.  Better stand in the perfect spot if it's raining.   Terrible change, imho. 

I agree.  This along with not having a decent sized table on verandas will mean more passengers will need to find seats in the OV which can already be crowded.  I had really hoped that the Summit wouldn't have the "bacon strips" but I see they have already started putting them up.  Otherwise I really like most of the changes they've made.  Thank you to those who are posting pictures!

3 hours ago, KRB_AMB said:

Here are a few photos that you all may be interested in...

My wife modeling the robes we found in our cabin upon arrival!  Embroidered with our initials!  

Robe.jpg

Question  about the robes?  I've never stayed in an upper level suite, in fact I've only been in a Sky Suite a handful of times, so is a monogrammed robe an amenity of the upper level suites or is this new?  And do you get to keep them?  or does Celebrity just keep an inventory of every possible option of initials? I've had friends that have cruised all the way up Penthouse and I wasn't aware of this as no one ever mentioned it.

I like that new carpet with the silver stars on the grey/brown... striking

and the ocean facing bar seating

DH and I like community tables..and a few casual eateries nearby have them. They can be fun...it all depends if you get lucky to sit near cordial people...and if they are familiar with a community table...

Depth perception makes it hard to judge--Not as many tables on the sunset bar....which I think is good. Not too crowded... though little shade/true covering which will make use of the space less popular on high heat/sunny or wet sailings

51 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Question  about the robes?  I've never stayed in an upper level suite, in fact I've only been in a Sky Suite a handful of times, so is a monogrammed robe an amenity of the upper level suites or is this new?  And do you get to keep them?  or does Celebrity just keep an inventory of every possible option of initials? I've had friends that have cruised all the way up Penthouse and I wasn't aware of this as no one ever mentioned it.

The robes were ours to keep.  I asked our butler and he said they were for us to enjoy. We mentioned the robes to someone in a sky suite and they did not get them. 

Note too that the new logo is part of the robe.  That logo is used through out the suite venues.. Luminae Restaurant, Retreat Lounge and Retreat Sundeck.

Edited by KRB_AMB

28 minutes ago, KRB_AMB said:

The robes were ours to keep.  I asked our butler and he said they were for us to enjoy. We mentioned the robes to someone in a sky suite and they did not get them. 

Note too that the new logo is part of the robe.  That logo is used through out the suite venues.. Luminae Restaurant, Retreat Lounge and Retreat Sundeck.

Yours to enjoy is a bit different than yours to keep.  Kind of an ambiguous answer. Wonder if we will get to keep them in November in a RS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pd7277 said:

53838565_10218720266788698_2631540399428075520_n.jpg.f272ab78dfc06fc690c534ee9ec1e335.jpg

After reading so many posts describing Cellar Master as dark and stuffy, this looks nice and bright and airy! it's a darned sight better than the Vintages bars on Royal's ships; those are a textbook definition of dark and stuffy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yours to enjoy is a bit different than yours to keep.  Kind of an ambiguous answer. Wonder if we will get to keep them in November in a RS.

You will probably get to keep them. 

We had the same robes in our Sky suite on the Edge Inaugural cruise, but they were not monogrammed. We had a bit of OBC to spend so we bought them. 😊

Edited by C-Dragons

4 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Good Lord, I wouldn't have room in my suitcase to take a robe home!  Those things take up a lot of room.

You simply wear it to breakfast and then keep it on for the ride home

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Aralim said:

After reading so many posts describing Cellar Master as dark and stuffy, this looks nice and bright and airy! it's a darned sight better than the Vintages bars on Royal's ships; those are a textbook definition of dark and stuffy!

We spent a lot of time in Cellar Masters on our recent cruise and thought it was the best change on the ship making it light airy and usuable

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Good Lord, I wouldn't have room in my suitcase to take a robe home!  Those things take up a lot of room.

Do think it’s a waste after every single cruise to get the robe and as you say, if there is no room in your luggage, will X just dispose of them?  You wouldn’t even be able to give them out as gifts with your initials on either. 

16 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

I agree.  This along with not having a decent sized table on verandas will mean more passengers will need to find seats in the OV which can already be crowded.  I had really hoped that the Summit wouldn't have the "bacon strips" but I see they have already started putting them up.  Otherwise I really like most of the changes they've made.  Thank you to those who are posting pictures!

The bigger canopy (that's now gone) was wonderful.  We has some spotty rain on the Infinity last month, and there was plenty of shelter under the canopy.     

16 hours ago, KRB_AMB said:

The logo looks like the gluten free labeling, which I've heard is being discontinued. Lol!

We did the 14 day Hong Kong to Singapore starting 16th Feb. Pics of Celebrity Suite. Balcony furniture a bit meh for a premium suite and too many nicnacs which could be an issue in heavy seas. Bath/shower still a bit difficult to get in and out of.

1cd77d6b881fd24b2585bb8218bbd4fc.jpg

11dc87631dc4dc50ee4b025fe4808bde.jpg

f81d3acc3ce87150735fb19b0a558bb4.jpg

92f9ed59d942cf93a867b3659a339fb3.jpg

84cac1446cc835cf38eca73268aa0d31.jpg

bd66668beba7d8f83143633c8cbaa89e.jpg

85c34db382c90a653dd781156c21dfd9.jpg

f937cde457b03f3295a20e50bbb7e286.jpg

0edf7081c7fc01296dac93e51c12f956.jpg

d363edaedad8e6bfe49535bc9cc76960.jpg

c56ef4c91791cfb7296c1a1d34f01ae0.jpg

Luv this......Deck 10 outside the Cosmos Lounge.
e13abd2153e96703cdd559f40ead7ccd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, tangogulf said:

We did the 14 day Hong Kong to Singapore starting 16th Feb. Pics of Celebrity Suite. Balcony furniture a bit meh for a premium suite and too many nicnacs which could be an issue in heavy seas. Bath/shower still a bit difficult to get in and out of.

The furniture looks clean and modern, but makes me a little sad to see the changes (though definitely needed a makeover). The bedroom and dressing room look fairly nice. The balcony is narrow, but they had foot stools out there before. Looks like the bathtub just got a Bath Fitter's makeover.

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, tangogulf said:

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

The furniture looks clean and modern, but makes me a little sad to see the changes (though definitely needed a makeover). The bedroom and dressing room look fairly nice. The balcony is narrow, but they had foot stools out there before. Looks like the bathtub just got a Bath Fitter's makeover.

M-class CS suite furniture was totally worn out and needed replacing several years ago.  In most respects this looks lovely to me.  The dining table looks like a Corian countertop, but a linen tablecloth would dress it up nicely – and I like the rounded corners [everything on Edge had a hard edge, and my body is still not fully healed even though I had no major header like vtcruising!].  The tub has obviously not been replaced, which was my biggest concern with those suites – but thankfully DW is available to lend an arm for a safe exit!  When we return to Celebrity, this will be our home.

The whole furniture,  in this not really cheap suite,  is certainly not everyone´s kind of shoe! The colors I like- but the furniture - hm no my idea of " luxury"! In that case i liked the old stuff better- in other parts the Milli looks stunning again!

Those tables- the little things - very IKEA!

I should also say the layout had its quirks some we could fix some we couldn’t. If someone is sitting at the table in the chair near the bedroom door you cant get into or out of the bedroom. We had to move some of the little tables into the hallway entry to ensure we didnt have to wind around the room to get from point A to point B. There are a number of live plants in the rooms too and by the end of the cruise they weren’t looking too healthy so not sure how they are being cared for. Also we found the drawers in the wardrobe a weird shape with not enough width to stack things like T-shirts or shorts so they sit flat. Plenty of hanging space though and lots of storage shelving behind the bathroom door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how you could fit 4 people around that table comfortably - there wouldn't be any elbow room.  The round table was much better IMHO.  I also don't get that big chair in the living room - is it missing a back cushion?  How could you sit comfortably on that?  I guess one always leans forward with their elbows on their knees.  Like the colours - except I don't understand the bathroom floor tiles....the geometric pattern is interesting but why is the marble tile surrounding it different than the tile colours on the walls?  Looks beige not grey to match.  Is that just the lighting?   Bedroom looks nice.  Don't like the bedside mushroom lamps though.