Medallion delivered!

sprint180

You download the Ocean Ready app to your smartphone. You input your cruise reservation#,passport#,and take a picture of yourself.  Once all that is complete you click on order ocean medallion.  It then gives you option to have it mailed to your home or pick up at the port. 

Edited by AF-1

We received our ocean medallions yesterday for our 10 February cruise.  Our medallions are color coded (the insert) to our Captain's Circle level.  They came with lanyards which we will use at embarkation.  Once aboard, we may change to some other method  of carrying them (wrist bands, clips, etc.).   This is our first time with them so we will see how the whole thing works and if it is worth all the hype.  Does anyone know if the medallions are waterproof?  Can you swim/snorkel with them?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

You download the Ocean Ready app to your smartphone. You input your cruise reservation#,passport#,and take a picture of yourself.  Once all that is complete you click on order ocean medallion.  It then gives you option to have it mailed to your home or pick up at the port. 

We did all of this a couple of weeks ago, and requested it be mailed to us.  Some in our party received their medallions last week, the rest of us did not.  We will receive our medallions on the ship.  So, I guess it's a coin toss. 🤔

14 hours ago, sprint180 said:

I like to use one of these instead of the neck lanyard and it does work with their case  mine just has the plastic snap though

61xuUNI+6YL._SX679_.jpg

I like this  ... thnx 👍

Edited by c-boy

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

Interesting pic. Quite recently people on CB said the actual Medallions were all the same and only the insert in the holder had the actual loyalty status color. I like the way yours look much better. :classic_biggrin:

The medallions are now indeed your Captain's circle color and the inserts are all blue.  They do sell other color inserts on board if you want to match them your color, even an insert that is the american flag.

Interesting pic. Quite recently people on CB said the actual Medallions were all the same and only the insert in the holder had the actual loyalty status color. I like the way yours look much better. :classic_biggrin:

The medallions are now indeed your Captain's circle color and the inserts are all blue.  They do sell other color inserts on board if you want to match them your color, even an insert that is the american flag.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, sprint180 said:

I like to use one of these instead of the neck lanyard and it does work with their case  mine just has the plastic snap though

61xuUNI+6YL._SX679_.jpg

Can you share where you got them? I like those better than a lanyard. We are not lanyard people....

27 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Can you share where you got them? I like those better than a lanyard. We are not lanyard people....

https://www.amazon.com/Lanyard-Holder-Retractable-Carabiner-Acrylic/dp/B07GGV8MHQ/ref=sr_1_196?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1548436328&sr=1-196&keywords=retractable+lanyard

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

If one opts for pick up at the port, do you know where at the port we would pick it up? 

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Amazon, there is several different kinds.  I don't like things around my neck and these can hook on a belt loop, purse or whatever.  And you can easily unhook and give to your waiter if need be

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sprint180 said:

They have the date of your sailing on them so I would say no on the reusing

Good point. I just went back to look at them again on page 1 and see that now. I missed that when I first looked at this thread a few days again 

Thanks 

FWIW:  I can update my information on ocean ready finally. But I could not put in my next cruise because it is not medallion ready and the Caribbean Princess one is more than 3 months out. When I called ocean medallion they stated that they will send me an email when I can update that one. So I'm looking forward to the email sometime around March or April. (It did let me update my profile so it's now got my address and credit card)

5 hours ago, AF-1 said:

How far in advance of your cruise can you do this?  We sail in May, and it's telling us the reservation isn't found. May be too far out??

13 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

How far in advance of your cruise can you do this?  We sail in May, and it's telling us the reservation isn't found. May be too far out??

Two months.  I tried in Nov and it didn't work; tried Dec and it worked; I sail in Feb

I sail in April and was able to do the Ocean Ready in December.

It is still a relatively new bit of software and they are working the bugs out.

It really does not have to be completed until a few weeks before you sail, so I would just keep trying every week (or just wait until a month before your cruise).

As far as knowing whether the information the medallion provides access to is correct, the same way you know if the information the cruise card provides access to is correct. Be sure you enter the information correctly, and hope that it transfers to the database correctly. If there is a glaring error, then it should be flagged when you check in at the port and fixed at that time.

25 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Watch this video and you will see where to pick up your medallion.

Thank you very much for this video, I appreciate it very much.  My MAJOR concern is that there is a lot of information that is being asked to be downloaded through my phone and I don't feel secure doing that.  I don't have any special security on my phone and no way to tell if the downloaded information will be safe to transmit.