What has happened to Cruise Critic?

AFuncruiser

On previous cruises Holland America roll calls for cruises of 10 days or more used to have 20-30 people sign up.

I am booked on a 15 day Panama cruise and no one is interested in roll call? What has happened..

Dennis

Jacksonville, Fl

727 days at sea

85 cruises

14 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon, Alaska

3 minutes ago, AFuncruiser said:

rollOn previous cruises Holland America roll calls for cruises of 10 days or more used to have 20-30 people sign up.

I am booked on a 15 day Panama cruise and no one is interested in roll call? What has happened..

Dennis

Jacksonville, Fl

727 days at sea

85 cruises

14 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon, Alaska

I don't know, but I do know that I joined a roll call for a HAL Boston to Montreal cruise for this past summer. And then the original poster to the roll call  and I waited and waited and no one else ever joined. It was easy to meet everyone else on the roll call. LOL

I started our July 21 Noordam Alaska Roll Call and so far only 5 of us are signed up. That cruise is nearly sold out and I am surprised how few from CC are on it. The Noordam cruise the week before ours only has 2 members.

19 minutes ago, beaming90 said:

I tried to start one for our 08/04/19 Oosterdam cruise and I can't even find where I started it.  And no one else had started one either or at least I don't see one...

Here’s the link to your roll call - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2618491-oosterdam-august-4-2019/?tab=comments#comment-56443161

give it a little ‘bump’ and maybe you will get some activity 😉 

All of our roll calls are quite active for our different segments. 🙂  And have been in the past.

I think a lot depends on the people sailing, the itinerary, etc.

If you post with something to talk about that may attract  interest and give people something  to talk about - whether it be ports, research, activities on board, etc.

Keep in mind that the “find your roll call” tool is not working properly so people need to find them the old fashioned way 😉

There are 96 people signed up on roll call for our next cruise that is the March 9, 2019 28 days out of San Diego on the Eurodam which has been helpful.  But our cruise before that very little people signed up and it was pretty worthless.  I think that the longer the cruise the more people sign up for roll call.  I found if you are sailing the Caribbean the less people care about the roll call.

• Thanks 1

Just now, tpwolfe said:

There are 96 people signed up on roll call for our next cruise that is the March 9, 2019 28 days out of San Diego on the Eurodam which has been helpful.  But our cruise before that very little people signed up and it was pretty worthless.  I think that the longer the cruise the more people sign up for roll call.  I found if you are sailing the Caribbean the less people care about the roll call.

We are on the NA March 24-31

I have noticed that fewer people join the roll call. This may be because there are so many Mariners and they really don't need to get port info from  others .I used to have the cd, hotel mgr and even the captain drop in for a q&a. A few times the ship provided mimosas and bloodys free of charge.

5 minutes ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

Nope 😛only me all the ice cream is mine 🥳🎊🎉 lol 

After all the flights were grounded after 9-11, I was on the first flight after 9-11 going from San Francisco to Beijing on a business trip. The flight was on a 747 and there were only 8 of us on the flight with over 12 flight attendants. That was a great flight, and I got all the ice cream I wanted too.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, faerievert said:

We have over 50 signed up the  CC meetup on the Eurodam next week’s Feb 3 to Hawaii. But a month ago the board was nearly empty. 

Another long speciality cruise with a lot of signups.

To be honest with the removal of the CC app I am on here much less.  The rolls calls that I have joined I have to find them each time I want to review or post on them.  I do miss the app but my cats appreciate the extra time I have for them to sleep in my lap.  If/when the app comes back I'm sure I will use it more.

I started a roll call for 8/3 Eurodam to AK and it's been crickets. The roll call title procedure isn't hard to follow. And searching the roll calls isn't difficult. It would be interesting to see some statistics on CC group demographics and participation. It's pretty clear there are some VERY active HAL CC'ers here who share great insights. What isn't clear is how many new HAL cruisers end up here (and stay).