Cleavage on Formal Night?

gopackgo21

I know that everyone on here has an opinion about Formal/Dressy nights. What are your thoughts on the ladies showing cleavage? 

I am a lady in my 20s that is well endowed. Unless I buy a dress that my mother would wear, it can be difficult to find a cocktail dress without the ladies being on display. 

• Like 2

I love this question so much!  I don't have anything to add other than YOU DO YOU and don't worry about what anyone else thinks, but I do think that just because you felt you needed to ask this question, you are a person who genuinely doesn't want to offend or upset anyone.  that's pretty classy, so I commend you. Bravo

• Like 2

If you're truly just talking about some cleavage, go for it.  Nothing wrong with that.  On the other hand, if you are actually looking for some kind of validation for wearing something that covers little more than a stripper's pasties would cover, you might rethink it, or at least be prepared to get some unwanted propositions, eyerolls, etc. 😉

If you are really having trouble finding a low-cut dress that fits you right, maybe consider a different style.  I've seen gorgeous, youthful, sexy dresses that are designed to show no cleaveage at all.  Example- a dress that completely covers the girls, but has a deeply inset halter neckline/mock turtleneck that leaves the entire collarbone and shoulder area bare

• Like 2

On 1/28/2019 at 11:09 AM, gopackgo21 said:

I know that everyone on here has an opinion about Formal/Dressy nights. What are your thoughts on the ladies showing cleavage? 

I am a lady in my 20s that is well endowed. Unless I buy a dress that my mother would wear, it can be difficult to find a cocktail dress without the ladies being on display. 

I'm similar to you except in my 40's, so I could be close in age to your mother and I also have this issue even in more "mature" dresses (although I suspect you are more talking about something your grandmother or great-grandmother might wear).  Depending on how self-conscious you are about your cleavage, you might have issues at any age.  

I have seen some really cute vintage dresses at thrift stores that are still very feminine but have a higher neck line.  A good seamstress might be able to help with an extra panel/or strategic scarf placement too.  Best wishes in finding what works for you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Is this for real??? It’s 2019 not 1949 for gods sake. A twenty somethings got to ask a forum if they can show cleavage??? Give me a break. And by the way your mother may be able to pull something even sexier off!

Wow... a bit harsh....she was probably asking a sincere question since she asked it on a cruise forum about fashion.

Why the Give me a break response?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As long as they don't fall out of the dress go for it. With my breast cancer surgery next week. (It's all good don't get all sad- be happy) I will not be showing my cleavage for a few months. If you can show off the girls but keep it classy not trashy. I wish I can turn back to my 20's enjoy it! Rock that cleavage!

Edited by Alrana Eris
spell check
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Alrana Eris said:

As long as they don't fall out of the dress go for it. With my breast cancer surgery next week. (It's all good don't get all sad- be happy) I will not be showing my cleavage for a few months. If you can show off the girls but keep it classy not trashy. I wish I can turn back to my 20's enjoy it! Rock that cleavage!

Wishing you all the best.:classic_smile:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alrana Eris said:

The "like" button doesn't seem quite right, so wishing you a successful surgery and glad it is an occasion for happiness and not to be sad 🙂 

• Like 2