stateroom loacations

Longlocks11

we have always had mid level staterooms on past cruises. I just noticed our room for our next cruise in a few weeks is on level 1. we have never been on this low of a level on a ship. is the engine and anchor noise horrible? we will be in the front portion of the ship.

7 minutes ago, Longlocks11 said:

we have always had mid level staterooms on past cruises. I just noticed our room for our next cruise in a few weeks is on level 1. we have never been on this low of a level on a ship. is the engine and anchor noise horrible? we will be in the front portion of the ship.

In my experience, the "noise" on the lower decks isn't as bad as some people report.  Of course, everyone has his/her own threshold of what "noise" is.

You don't say what ship, so it would be difficult to answer specifically for your ship.

And, since you report you're in the bow of the ship - there's no engine noise, generally there.

You will not hear anchor noise except when in a tender port - the anchor (obviously) is not lower when docking at a pier.  You will, however, here the bow thruster noise when maneuvering into or out of the pier. There is also no engine noise in the front of the ship as the engines are in the mid-ship to aft.  You will however, feel more up and down motion in the front of the ship.

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Normally deck 1 on a ship is the infirmary .I have been cruising since 1973 on 6 different cruise lines and have yet to see cabins on deck 1.However,nothing surprises me anymore.

Disney Magic & Wonder deck plans.  Deck one has the infirmary, as well as a few rooms:

image.thumb.png.541c74e7d62e44063b567e511b1511d9.png

57 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wonder why anyone would desire a deck 1 cabin.The lowest we have been is deck 3 which is actually my preference .

Any deck location desired would be personal preference.  I think the same could be asked about your preference - or anyone's for that matter - if it isn't what you personally would desire. 

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Any deck location desired would be personal preference.  I think the same could be asked about your preference - or anyone's for that matter - if it isn't what you personally would desire. 

Of course,every choice a person makes about everything is a personal preference.

1 hour ago, Longlocks11 said:

I cant remember. It's been awhile since we booked. I emailed my booking agent to see if we could get a different room on a higher level. 

If there is a live person associated with your booking agent I would call and talk to them about this rather than trust the process blindly to emails.  Just my opinion, but talking with someone always works best for me.

18 hours ago, Longlocks11 said:

I cant remember. It's been awhile since we booked. I emailed my booking agent to see if we could get a different room on a higher level. 

Deck 1 on one ship might be called deck 3 on another.  It's not necessarily a lower deck, just a lower number. 

5 hours ago, Port Power said:

Deck 1 on one ship might be called deck 3 on another.  It's not necessarily a lower deck, just a lower number. 

Exactly.  That's why I stressed "what HAL is calling deck 1" in my response.  

Basically, deck one on that ship is the same as deck 3 on the Disney ship.  

On 2/6/2019 at 5:23 PM, Longlocks11 said:

In the front of the ship, you will have a variety of noises. As you enter and leave port, you will hear the anchors, lines and thrusters. When you are sailing you will hear the bow slicing through the waves. The volume depends on how far forward you are located, and when sailing the sea state.

On 2/6/2019 at 7:47 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I never heard of passengers being on deck 1 .Which ship is it ?

Every cruise lines numbers its decks differently. Being on Deck one is not uncommon. Remember some lines, name decks they don't number them.