MORE very bad changes made on Princess ships????

Wishing on a star

Okay,  I have been very vocal about my horrible experience with dining with the 'new' food and menu culinary offerings.   Along with horrible changes/cutbacks in service.

Now we are hearing about basic chairs being removed from cabins....

And, over on the HAL board there are a couple of reports that on the Royal and the Crown,  the speakers in the hallways are sometimes blaring music, and the speakers in the cabins are being used for announcements, etc...   (other than Muster, of course)

What the heck is going on.

Are there this many people in charge at Princess who are completely out of touch?

Wow.

It would appear so.  We have been loyal Princess cruisers for the past 15 years but are seriously considering moving to another line.  2 booked for later in the year then we will decide what we are going to do.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Okay,  I have been very vocal about my horrible experience with dining with the 'new' food and menu culinary offerings.   Along with horrible changes/cutbacks in service.

And, over on the HAL board there are a couple of reports that on the Royal and the Crown,  the speakers in the hallways are sometimes blaring music, and the speakers in the cabins are being used for announcements, etc...   (other than Muster, of course)

Are there this many people in charge at Princess who are completely out of touch?

Wow.

The reports were only that music was playing in the hallways during embarkation and disembarkation times, not at other times.  I have never experienced it, but can see that they might be playing it during those specific periods.  The speakers in cabins are used during specific situations, and have been for years, including drill notifications, port delays, and other times when the Captain considers it to be important.  Other notifications are made in the hallways, but not in cabins, though on occasion you can hear them in the cabin.

• Like 5

I am so looking forward to my Princess cruise. I’ve learned to be wary of the naysayers so the negative connotations will be in the back of my mind and not a deciding factor to my decisions. 

Glenn

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

I am so looking forward to my Princess cruise. I’ve learned to be wary of the naysayers so the negative connotations will be in the back of my mind and not a deciding factor to my decisions. 

Glenn

:classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In Dec 2018, the food in the MDR was better than it has been for a few years.

My mini-suite furniture was the same as usual.

No announcements were made in the cabin speakers that I was aware of.  It was annoying (as always) when announcements were made in the hallways, which I heard but did not comprehend.

I was not aware of music blaring in the hallways at any time, but I was not in my cabin during embarkation or disembarkation.  I was in the MDR and then public areas.

• Like 3

My cabin had a chair in it recently.  I heard no music coming from the speakers at all during the whole cruise.  Announcements can be heard in the cabin if you wish but you can control that unless it's a serious emergency.
I can't comment on the very recent dining room food but the buffet was good as usual.

21 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

No announcements were made in the cabin speakers that I was aware of.  It was annoying (as always) when announcements were made in the hallways, which I heard but did not comprehend.

I was not aware of music blaring in the hallways at any time, but I was not in my cabin during embarkation or disembarkation.  I was in the MDR and then public areas.

Your experience is the same as mine on Royal Princess.  Announcements made in the hallways often find me rushing to open my stateroom door and usually I am too late to really understand what is being said.  I never heard any unwanted music in the hallways.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

Your experience is the same as mine on Royal Princess.  Announcements made in the hallways often find me rushing to open my stateroom door and usually I am too late to really understand what is being said.  I never heard any unwanted music in the hallways.

RKA:  You and I are the two people standing in the open doorways trying to figure out what the Captain just announced!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. 

Glenn

To edit this, I would expect Princess to put out some sort of statement seeing their rooms aren’t as advertised. 

Edited by Grburkart

When we were on the Crown in the Mediterranean this past October, we actually did have a few in-room announcements.  Once, was in the morning on an “almost” port date 

which was called off, a visit to Mykonos.  It was a great disappointment to many, and the announcement came at 8:00 am, not unreasonable at all, as I’m sure most were going to disembark at that very popular port. 

However, several days later, I was awoken  from a sound sleep at approx 3:30 in the afternoon from an in-room announcement from the captain  that Stromboli, an active volcano,  was now visible.  Couldn’t see a thing.  I didn’t appreciate that.  

I do recall music playing in the hall, but it certainly wasn’t loud enough to hear inside our cabin, and lastly, we didn’t have an easy chair either, and we had a non-balcony cabin, so my husband had nowhere to sit to eat continental breakfast.  I got the desk chair and he stood.  

1 hour ago, Grburkart said:

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. 

Glenn

To edit this, I would expect Princess to put out some sort of statement seeing their rooms aren’t as advertised. 

59 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

We just got off the Crown and we could not get announcements in cabin on any tv channel.  Inconvenient!!

Hmmmmmm.......

3 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

We had similar experiences on our Crown Christmas cruise with the same mini-suite furniture as usual, no announcements that we heard on our cabin speakers, and no music blaring or otherwise in any cabin hallways.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Wow.

Wow,

I feel somewhat dumb.  DW & I have had a great time on all our Princess cruises.  We are halfway to elite and our good experiences have far outweighed any annoyances to date.  Perhaps we are not critical enough and are missing the bad stuff.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Hello I love princess we’ve been selling on them for many years I have noticed many changes over the last couple of years that it really disappoints me. I understand their job is to make money but they’re cutting everywhere which I think it’s making me look at different lines princess does charge a premium compared to other lines so I would have a higher expectation for better food quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2