3 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Caliente Cruiser

• Cool Cruiser
  • Caliente Cruiser
  • October 11, 2013
  • 1 post

Holy Lurker!

6 years to make his 1st post?!!?!!!!

So rude! Can’t imagine why I didn't post earlier 🙄 I only made my first post because this is my first time on Celebrity and I had questions especially in light of the refurb. I know NCL like the back of my hand and never needed to ask questions because they post actual pictures of their rooms and I can get answers from NCL agents themselves. When calling Celebrity, they were less than forthcoming with answers.

I certainly hope that all Celebrity Cruisers aren't as judgmental and rude as you. BTW, he is a she. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

The cabins connect via a door in the penthouse living room.  It might also be possible to remove a balcony partition, so that the balconies connect. The new sectional is a pullout, not sure the size, and there’s plenty of room for a rollaway bed, which probably would make sense for one son.  Welcome to Celebrity, hope you love it. 

Thanks so much for your answer. BTW, Do you know if the SS gets the same benefits as the PH when booked together? When i booked there was a perk for SS of premium beverage package, OBC, gratuity and unlimited wifi; however, someone told me that when you book the PH and SS suites together the SS also gets unlimited specialty dining and the rest of the perks for the PH.

53 minutes ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

Thanks so much for your answer. BTW, Do you know if the SS gets the same benefits as the PH when booked together? When i booked there was a perk for SS of premium beverage package, OBC, gratuity and unlimited wifi; however, someone told me that when you book the PH and SS suites together the SS also gets unlimited specialty dining and the rest of the perks for the PH.

Sorry but I don’t know the answer.  The SS adjacent to the Penthouse are extremely popular because of the enhanced bathroom, that they’ve never been available when I’ve booked the Penthouse. 

2 hours ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

I would suspect not given the value of those perks.

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would not expect the increase in cabins to affect the public venues as the total  passenger load remained the same as prior to the revolution.   I may be wrong but I never noticed a lot of people using the library. 

I think there have been a couple tweaks to the MDR menu but not an overhaul.   Some on other threads have been complaining that they substituted the Tournedos of Beef with Steak Dianne and eliminated the Creme Brulee. 

If  overall capacity is the same with the added AQ cabins  (2 pax only  in AQ) , is that  the reason  they reclassified some other cabins as only for 2, not 3?

Do you know  the suite capacities? Just curious.   Thanks

8 hours ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

So rude! Can’t imagine why I didn't post earlier 🙄 I only made my first post because this is my first time on Celebrity and I had questions especially in light of the refurb. I know NCL like the back of my hand and never needed to ask questions because they post actual pictures of their rooms and I can get answers from NCL agents themselves. When calling Celebrity, they were less than forthcoming with answers.

I certainly hope that all Celebrity Cruisers aren't as judgmental and rude as you. BTW, he is a she. 

Your signature indicates you have been on CC since 2013... 

🤣

44 minutes ago, Alushar said:

We were told on Millennium that Qsine was staying and that on Equinox LPC would replace Silk Harvest not Qsine but who knows! Only just discovered Qsine and love it so hope it stays 

See the chart in post 673. Qsine is being phased out fleetwide. 

5 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

See the chart in post 673. Qsine is being phased out fleetwide. 

Starting in Feb 2019 on the Millennium and we were on her a week after dry dock and ate in Qsine twice so.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

1702195038_ScreenShot2019-03-18at12_12_37PM.thumb.png.9a763e97622d23a4086711233893bc78.png

Based on this I would not expect to see anything other then the transition from QSINE to LPC. 

What is taste of film?  I have not seen this before in my research for our upcoming X cruise...Also, where is Qsine currently on Equinox?   

17 minutes ago, CardRock said:

What is taste of film?  I have not seen this before in my research for our upcoming X cruise...Also, where is Qsine currently on Equinox?   

Thanks for the graphic.  Having said that, I do hope that getting rid of Qsine in favor of LPC isn't the case.  LPC just doesn't seem to be my idea of somewhere we'd enjoy going.  When we're on a cruise we really enjoy dressing up and having the full dining experience, something Murano did spectacularly.  We'll probably give Tuscan Grille a chance this November, but really I shouldn't complain if I don't end up spending extra for dining.

19 hours ago, hcat said:

Question is  answered in the recent Cruise Critic Article about " Summit Revolution:

Link:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/3903/

. I  question calling Hoppen acclaimed but maybe for some she is????

Excerpt from Article....

"Acclaimed interior designer Kelly Hoppen -- the brains behind the staterooms on Celebrity Edge -- also developed the look on Celebrity Summit. All accommodations feature a contemporary design, with standard cabins dolled up in light neutral and blush color scheme and suites sporting their own pops of color. This design will be unique to the line's Millennium-class ships, all of which will undergo Celebrity Revolution refurbs; standard cabins on Solstice-class ships will be done up in a neutral and blue color scheme. Cabins also boast new finishings such as faux marble walls and soft-close cabinetry with under-lighting effects. "

If you look at the Wiki page for Kelly Hoppen she is a designer of some standing and has been called the Queen of Taupe.  Interesting read for those who want to understand a bit more about her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Hoppen

12 hours ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

On two separate occasions I was booked in the PH and my brother and sister-in-law were booked in the adjoining Sky Suite.  They did not receive the PH perks.  This may have changed since we sailed (the last time we sailed together with this type of suite set-up was 3 years ago).

Also, definitely get a rollaway bed for one of your sons.  There is plenty of room in the PH living room to accommodate the rollaway.  We once had 4 women sharing 6148 and we got a rollaway.  During the day they folded it up and stored it in a corner in the living room.  Our butler also told us that if we wanted it removed from the PH on a daily basis and brought back in again at night they would do that.  But it was perfectly fine for us to have it stored in the corner.

Edited by jcpc

6 minutes ago, jcpc said:

On two separate occasions I was booked in the PH and my brother and sister-in-law were booked in the adjoining Sky Suite.  They did not receive the PH perks.  This may have changed since we sailed (the last time we sailed together with this type of suite set-up was 3 years ago).

Also, definitely get a rollaway bed for one of your sons.  There is plenty of room in the PH living room to accommodate the rollaway.  We once had 4 women sharing 6148 and we got a rollaway.  During the day they folded it up and stored it in a corner in the living room.  Our butler also told us that if we wanted it removed from the PH on a daily basis and brought back in again at night they would do that.  But it was perfectly fine for us to have it stored in the corner.

Great idea. Thanks. Is that something i can book prior to the cruise or does it have to be done onboard? We also need a crib for my grandson, so same wuestion for that as well.

19 minutes ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

Great idea. Thanks. Is that something i can book prior to the cruise or does it have to be done onboard? We also need a crib for my grandson, so same wuestion for that as well.

You will be receiving a phone call or email from the shoreside concierge prior to your cruise.  I've received this email sometimes 3 weeks prior to the cruise, but at other times 3 days prior to the cruise.  But in any event, he/she will contact you to find out what types of liquor you want stocked in the butler's pantry, what types of soda/water/beer, etc you will want stocked, if you need any specialty dining reservations made, or if you have any special requests.  (The refrigerator in the butler's pantry will be stocked with whatever you request (i.e., water, soda, beer) and will be replenished throughout the week.)  At this time you can tell him/her about the need for a rollaway bed in the PH and a pack and play (they don't have cribs per se but rather provide pack and plays) in 6145.  

The shoreside concierge will convey your requests to the onboard concierge (Retreat concierge) who will then make all the arrangements.  If, however, the arrangements are not to your liking just speak with your butler or the Retreat Concierge or the Suite Manager.  They will make everything perfect for you.

If you have any other questions about Celebrity or the "suite life" on Celebrity, just ask!

Edited by jcpc

41 minutes ago, jcpc said:

You will be receiving a phone call or email from the shoreside concierge prior to your cruise.  I've received this email sometimes 3 weeks prior to the cruise, but at other times 3 days prior to the cruise.  But in any event, he/she will contact you to find out what types of liquor you want stocked in the butler's pantry, what types of soda/water/beer, etc you will want stocked, if you need any specialty dining reservations made, or if you have any special requests.  (The refrigerator in the butler's pantry will be stocked with whatever you request (i.e., water, soda, beer) and will be replenished throughout the week.)  At this time you can tell him/her about the need for a rollaway bed in the PH and a pack and play (they don't have cribs per se but rather provide pack and plays) in 6145.  

The shoreside concierge will convey your requests to the onboard concierge (Retreat concierge) who will then make all the arrangements.  If, however, the arrangements are not to your liking just speak with your butler or the Retreat Concierge or the Suite Manager.  They will make everything perfect for you.

If you have any other questions about Celebrity or the "suite life" on Celebrity, just ask!

Perfect! Thanks! Last question.... I know they fill the fridge with beer, soda and waters, but can you also get wine?

8 minutes ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

Perfect! Thanks! Last question.... I know they fill the fridge with beer, soda and waters, but can you also get wine?

Yes, you can request wine, we always do.  You will also be able to order 2 bottles of spirits when the shore side concierge calls you.  We usually request champagne since we don't drink much spirits.

59 minutes ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

You can get 2 bottles of wine instead of your 2 bottles of alcohol.  BUT - I have had some butlers who bring bottles of wine/champagne with no problem and with no charge.  I think it all depends on who your butler is.  Most of them bend over backwards to get you anything you want when you're staying in the PH