Navigator Laundry Room

As far as a need for laundry I learned a valuable lesson past fall as we did land trip on our own in Europe 4 countries 2 weeks train and flights  prior to 14 nights transatlantic. Because of logistics we each had one piece of luggage and a pack back each. Staying at Airbnb with laundry so no problem on shore. Once onboard I used RCL laundry discount for diamond. 

Likewise Europeans enjoying Florida or any port before a cruise face similar.

We did a 14 night cruise with celebrity after a trip through Florida and I used free laundry twice as elite gets you that. 

Next trip to Europe will include a transatlantic so I’m considering Celebrity for the laundry. Less luggage makes for an easier trip. My wife is Leary of ship laundry. I’m not that concerned.

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

On the QM2 we used the laundry facilities.  Free if I recall as was the detergent.  It was a TA so it wasn't as we were sightseeing but still had to plan it. Prefer my D+ free laundry benefits. 

You are right free on Cunard ships. No need to ruin your clothes. Can wash and dry on warm or cool.

The free D+ benefit is only good for tshirts underwear socks etc. Washed and dried on HOT.

Carnival and Princess also has washers and dryers on several decks. Not free like Cunard though.

7 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

I proud to say, I have never used, or felt a need to use a washer or dryer on any ship, or at any hotel, and I travel annually for a period of 2 weeks at a time.  I can also proudly say, that when I was single, and when I was newly married, we managed to do our laundry once a week in the laundry mat down the street. 

So why do people need laundry on vacation? 

Your two weeks is a clue.  When we travel we usually travel for at least 3 weeks or more (from Australia) - often up to 9 weeks even before retirement (longer distances and more generous paid vacation time). One of the first things I look for in a hotel is either an in house guest laundry or close laundromat.  Also, although we make good use of the d+ benefit and the wash and fold bags on RCI, I feel a bit put off by the thought of many passengers clothes being washed together in mesh bags in huge washing machines.  I would actually prefer to wash our clothes in a machine which just holds our clothes.    

Edit: and we have met some nice and interesting people in laundromats around the world - eg.  the coffee/book shop laundromat in Warsaw, a nice laundromat in Helsinki, a laundromat near NYU in NYC and an amazingly clean coin laundry in Kyoto which had a lovely guest book 🙂  

Edited by lucymorgan

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t  understand why they ask you to bring your seapass card though.

Well, it does say "Key Card" vs. Sea Pass... That makes me wonder if it's in a private corridor and intended for crew, and somehow made its way into the public app?

Just now, BTHodgeman said:

Well, it does say "Key Card" vs. Sea Pass... That makes me wonder if it's in a private corridor and intended for crew, and somehow made its way into the public app?

I'm thinking that the contractor that makes the app did some cutting and pasting from another cruise line.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruisinfromtampa said:

Screenshots from the app. I’m of the same notion as others that I’ll believe it when I’m on board and looking at it, but it is listed on the app under services. When you click “find on deck” it centers over the library.

8c3d2728949acb8f5e78b22dc0b56d98.jpg

7e895b51ae77e2d61d211b3453d4b649.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked the app - Laundry has disappeared!  Now shows just laundry service - guess they found the error!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

It also says loyalty desk on deck 2 forward.  Not many ships allow passengers on deck 2.

Might be the desk outside of the old screening room.

There are staterooms on deck 2.