Barrel Chairs on Star

Ombud

50 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Just boarded, I have 2 barrel chairs and 1 desk chair. And Im the person who didnt care! :classic_biggrin:

two?   what kind of cabin do you have.  Regular balcony and you've hardly got room to move around.   You could probably auction one and make some $$$ for cruise......lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Just boarded, I have 2 barrel chairs and 1 desk chair. And Im the person who didnt care! :classic_biggrin:

Well I'll be darned. You could donate one of the chairs back to Princess for a Trivia prize.  Enjoy your cruise.😀

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

This post is not helpful until the OP tells us what category of cabin he is in. 

• Like 4

Just to add my experience - I've just returned from two weeks on the Emerald.  Regular balcony cabin, no barrel chair.  In speaking with some of my tablemates, one couple requested a barrel chair from their steward and it arrived the next day.

Sorry Colorado. I tried to post on the other thread but it wouldn't accept more posts. I thought I was in a BB but it turns out Im apparently not. The room shows as 338 sq ft, very large balcony. Bathroom 2X all the other balconies I've been in. This is the room that was Guarantee OF, paid 400 to upgrade for 16 night cruise. Still lists as BB. Lost my inroom WIFI, got twice the room Im used to

FWIW: Star B302

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

Last cruise I took on the Ruby my barrel chair was gone! (Balcony). I immediately told my steward and lo and behold 2 hours later someone appeared with a barrel chair. I saw them later stacked floor to ceiling in a supply room.

I complained to Princess when I got home but we will see how far that goes. Balcony rooms really do need that extra chair. Otherwise, the one desk chair is all there is and if someone else visits your room they have to sit on the bed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pension3X said:

Last cruise I took on the Ruby my barrel chair was gone! (Balcony). I immediately told my steward and lo and behold 2 hours later someone appeared with a barrel chair. I saw them later stacked floor to ceiling in a supply room.

I complained to Princess when I got home but we will see how far that goes. Balcony rooms really do need that extra chair. Otherwise, the one desk chair is all there is and if someone else visits your room they have to sit on the bed.

I agree.

Just to add some "fuel to the big barrel chair bonfire,"  we would suspect it is just a matter of time when they will totally disappear.  Storage space on ships is very limited and there is no way that Princess is going to use that valuable space to store unwieldy chairs.  Perhaps they will maintain a small supply of some type of portable folding chair, but those barrel chairs will not survive :(.

Hank

• Like 1

We have stayed in 301 and it only comes with one barrel chair.  302 accommodates four people, so perhaps that is why there are two chairs in that room.  The room also has a closet with a pull down bar so passengers in wheelchairs can hang their clothes, a ramp to the bathroom with a roll in shower and a ramp to the balcony.  Some of the storage in other staterooms is not present because the wheelchair has to be able to roll under the sink and desk. 

Ombed, how big is the table on the balcony--is it a small table or larger?  The wheelchair can't roll under the small tables because the legs interfere.  We are booked again in May for that stateroom and would like to know what to expect. 

5 hours ago, montgomeryfamily said:

Thanks.  That is the small table.  We going to have to request a larger table--the smaller balcony table is useless for a wheelchair user since it can't be pulled up under and can only be used with difficulty from the side.  So no good for breakfast--just holding a drink.

Good luck with that request. People are lucky to have any table at all lately. 

• Like 1