Pacific - not dead yet..Tahiti 2020

Cruise Junky

5 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

It sounds like the Suites might be sold out tomorrow for us lowly Platinum members. Does anyone know the prices for a CC Mini-Suite on the 10 day sailings? My TA called and Princess couldn't give a price for anything. Thanks for any info so I can make back-up plans.  

People cancel cabins all the time.

14 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

It sounds like the Suites might be sold out tomorrow for us lowly Platinum members. Does anyone know the prices for a CC Mini-Suite on the 10 day sailings? My TA called and Princess couldn't give a price for anything. Thanks for any info so I can make back-up plans.  

I think I have $3849 pp plus tax and port fees

Edited by chamima

2 minutes ago, stopthenickelanddimeing said:

Can anyone let me know the starting price just a basic interior room for a 10 day RT from Papeete for 2 people?

They start at $1899 (plus $105 port fees and taxes) pp.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

I still see suites available for all 10 day sailings.

• Like 1

Okay. I have a booking on the ship for the 29 day itinerary out of Vancouver to  Papette in Oceanview cabin. I couldn't stretch the budget to balcony (but marked it I take an upgrade if offered (haha).

It mean we probably have to cancel our Melbourne to Singapore cruise as we won't be able to do both. 

Regards

Sarah

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chamima said:

Last year,  S&S was not available for cruises of 45 days or more. 

She sure is!!!

Got us our first choice too!

(Lucky for all of us that we had different first choices ! 😉)

I just remembered another reason I wanted 10 and 25 , rather than 35 - I don't know if they'll offer Sip and Sail for the 35. They tend not to do it on longer cruises. Oh well ..............

4 minutes ago, queensquared said:

We have been following this thread since Cruise Junky first posted it (Thanks, Cruise Junky!)

We have just booked the 25 day to Ft. Lauderdale...yippee!!!!

These land-locked Kansas women are thrilled!!

😍😀

Nancy and Yvonne

No!  YES?!?  boy I hope this works out for all of us. What a thrill it would be to see you two after emailing for years!!

Bob, yes, the whole season, in the smallest segments. That was what was required for the cabin we wanted. In the past, we’ve been able to get Yield Management to reclassify a cabin to book it the least expensive way once we were deposited and closer to final payment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Okay. I have a booking on the ship for the 29 day itinerary out of Vancouver to  Papette in Oceanview cabin. I couldn't stretch the budget to balcony (but marked it I take an upgrade if offered (haha).

It mean we probably have to cancel our Melbourne to Singapore cruise as we won't be able to do both. 

Regards

Sarah

Congrats on the booking.....😊😊😊

Bob

• Like 1

The prices seem much higher than I remember from the last time Princess offered these cruises. The price is not much below Oceania and the other more upper end lines. I think, unfortunately, I am going to have to pass at this time.

I guess I could book a cabin, and then cancel later, but I think I will just wait to see if prices on the interiors/OVs go down. 

We still have 5 kids at home, and we try to do one vacation with them, and one on our own each year. Doing this one would blow our entire year's budget.

Hope everyone enjoys their cruise. I will be reading about your adventures with great interest.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

No!  YES?!?  boy I hope this works out for all of us. What a thrill it would be to see you two after emailing for years!!

Bob, yes, the whole season, in the smallest segments. That was what was required for the cabin we wanted. In the past, we’ve been able to get Yield Management to reclassify a cabin to book it the least expensive way once we were deposited and closer to final payment. 

Jeannie......we are so excited and hope to meet you, too!!!

Bob.......thanks! We enjoy following your posts!

Cannot wait to meet everyone!!!!

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

Congrats on the booking.....😊😊😊

Bob

I haven't paid the deposit yet. I need to talk to Pete about it further. I just wanted to get my hands on a cabin and put it on hold for couple of days to think. 

I can't believe this popped up on my FB memories today.

I think it's from our first Tahiti cruise in 2005 on the old Tahitian Princess.

In Papeete they bring a troupe of Tahitian dancers on board and the small children are always the best part!

image.thumb.png.6f746cfce6c92b710271d496be34f2b8.png

On second thought it might have been from our second cruise to Tahiti in 2011 on the old Royal Princess. We love Tahiti and the small ships!!!

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Based on the 10 day itinerary, would you recommend the port or starboard side of the ship?

Most of the ports are tender ports, and the ship will be turning a bit at anchor. The two posts that are not, Papeete and Raiatea, I’m not sure it makes a difference.  Usually the ship docks aft first in Papeete, but not always, and it really doesn’t make a difference in the view anyway. Raiatea can go either way. The preferred view in Raiatea is definitely toward the reef, and if I had to say, I think that the port side was most often toward the reef. While at sea it makes no difference at all. 

2 hours ago, chamima said:

I can't believe this popped up on my FB memories today.

I think it's from our first Tahiti cruise in 2005 on the old Tahitian Princess.

In Papeete they bring a troupe of Tahitian dancers on board and the small children are always the best part!

image.thumb.png.6f746cfce6c92b710271d496be34f2b8.png

On second thought it might have been from our second cruise to Tahiti in 2011 on the old Royal Princess. We love Tahiti and the small ships!!!

Great motivational tool.  Thanks for posting.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

14 hours ago, RMMariner said:

The prices seem much higher than I remember from the last time Princess offered these cruises. The price is not much below Oceania and the other more upper end lines. I think, unfortunately, I am going to have to pass at this time.

Perhaps they might be higher in some categories,  but I checked the invoice for our 2015 10 cruise (same itinerary) and the 2020 price is $400 less than what we paid in 2015 for the same mini-suite. 

I'm so excited that Pacific Princess is coming back to Tahiti!  I always tell my friends that these trips are the most "vacationey" vacations ever!  No fuss, no crowds, beauty everywhere one looks. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

That's a lot for some real estate. That price would compare to a Conceirge suite on Regent at 353 sq ft (so definitely smaller) but includes shore excursions, specialty dining, all drinks, in suite mini bar with 1 litre bottles and wifi.

Hard to compare an almost 1000 sq. ft. Club Class Owners Suite on the R-3 (Pacific Princess)  to a Concierge Suite on the Navigator at 356 sq ft. plus a 55 sq ft balcony.  Best comparison for similar 10 day cruises on Regent's Navigator versus the Princess Pacific would be to compare similar cabin categories, Concierge suite for Regent and the Club Class Mini suite on Princess. Fares without air or pre-cruise hotel, insurance or port charges for two are $7,698 for Princess and $13,198 for Regent.

In our case we booked the 35 day Tahiti to FLL on Princess but took a close look at the 34 day Tahiti to Miami on the Navigator. We have a Club Class Owner Suite on the Pacific, since my wife's sister may join us we really needed the extra half bath and lots of space. The closest similar cabin on the Navigator we could find was the Master Suite at about the same size with 1 1/2 baths. Another was the Navigator's Grand Suite with 1 1/2 baths with a similar balcony but half the inside space. Rates without air, pre-cruise hotels, insurance or port charges for the Master Suite $81,648 and Grand Suite $69,848.  On our Club Class Princess Owners Suite the rate is $37,988.

The Concierge Suites on Regent's Navigator and Voyager are the largest mini-suite type cabins going. The Concierge Suite on the Mariner however is only 301 sq. ft. plus a 43 sq.ft balcony. A good comparison would be the Mariner's Concierge Suite with the R ships Deck 8 Mini-Suites. Having did about three months worth of voyaging on each we find the mini-suites and balcony on the R-3 nicer and larger than the Mariners, with the exception that the bathroom and walk in closet on the Mariner are superior.

Having just got off both lines here is a comparison I published in a review: 

"Two cruises, one on Princess and one on Regent. Princess was 29 days and Regent 22, both trans-oceans. On Princess we had a full suite, an Owners Suite, on the Mariner we had a Concierge Suite. The Owners Suite including balcony was about 1000 square feet, the Concierge Suite was 301 sq. ft including balcony. With the Princess Suite we received "Club Class" dining plus exquisite breakfasts in one of the specialty restaurants. 

Shore excursions were about equal, although most Regent shore excursions were included and we paid separately for the Princess excursions. From a food and dining quality standpoint Princess had a significant edge at breakfast and a very slight edge at dinner. Obviously, from a cabin standpoint the Princess accommodations were far better. Regent had the edge in on board ambience. Regent had free booze and paid for shore excursions. The Princess vessel, Pacific Princess, had 670 guests, the Regent Mariner had 700. The Mariner is 48,000 gross tons, the Pacific Princess is 30,300 gross tons.

We paid $530.00 per person per day on Princess which included about $3,000 in excursions and Business Class, Air Seattle to Venice was also included in the Princess price. We paid $631.00 per day per person on Regent.  We paid our own air on Regent this time which I don't factor in."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kennicott said:

Hard to compare an almost 1000 sq. ft. Club Class Owners Suite on the R-3 (Pacific Princess)  to a Concierge Suite on the Navigator at 356 sq ft. plus a 55 sq ft balcony.  Best comparison for similar 10 day cruises on Regent's Navigator versus the Princess Pacific would be to compare similar cabin categories, Concierge suite for Regent and the Club Class Mini suite on Princess. Fares without air or pre-cruise hotel, insurance or port charges for two are $7,698 for Princess and $13,198 for Regent.

I was only comparing the cost to what you could get on Regent. Definitely not comparing the large owners suite to Concierge Cabin. Just that you're paying a lot for extra real estate.