Jim_Iain Live Blog - Infinity B2B - Carribbean and East Bound TA

Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sounds like a really nice time for a cruise.  

Traditionally they have offered pro rated drink packages up until about the middle of the cruise.   I've not seen anything yet on this cruise.   I don't believe many people purchased drink packages on this cruise as the bars have been relatively quiet.   Last night around 8:00 I would say 50% of the seats at the Martini Bar were open which is rather unusual. 

I'll post the notification when/if they publish.  

Not sure when you booked but you might check out the price under the new pricing structure none, one, two or all perks.   You might be able to pick up a good deal at a low price.

Thanks for the information!  We will continue to follow your report.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

5 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Have you seen if they have put out any cocktail table between the deck chairs ?  I guess with more loungers the chair hogs won't be as bad.  Maybe that's what they are trying to accomplish.  Going to be hard to have a drink and then get up from your lounger with no place to put it.  The deck will be covered in glassware

I haven’t seen cocktail tables between loungers for my last three cruises, on Silhouette, Summit, and Reflection (2017 and 2018).

10 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I haven’t seen cocktail tables between loungers for my last three cruises, on Silhouette, Summit, and Reflection (2017 and 2018).

Thanks for the report.   I don't spend time laying by the pool so never even occurred to me.

13 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I really appreciated the update to the port area in Malaga; so much improved from prior years!  I do not visit it or Cartagena this time, but those ports are both scheduled for our fall TA, if we make it!

Thanks again, Jim, as your information is such a pleasure to read...yes, I am following somewhat in your footsteps, but on Edge...hope to encounter improvements!

Your weather from the photos is gorgeous!

I think we are going to have a good crossing.   The seas are calm again today and skies are blue with fluffy clouds.   The Captain's morning report will not be for another hour (currently 8:45 am) but checking out the weather it feels like yesterday - low to mid 70's, low winds and calm seas.   What more could we wish for.

• Like 5

Lots of activities today.   There are over 900 Elite and above on the cruise and drink tickets were loaded onto stateroom keys.   Due to the large number they are having to divide all CC activities to two events.    We are suppose to meet David, the CC host at 11:15 and they seat the Zenith's and Top Cruisers around the stage prior to opening the doors.  Top cruiser is  Josee.

Today will be the beginning of loosing an hour an evening for the next 4 nights.   Ugh...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the report.   I don't spend time laying by the pool so never even occurred to me.

You’re welcome. I never lie by the pool either, but I walk several miles per day, and I noticed when people began having to place drinks on the deck beside the loungers. Now that the loungers are so close together, I don’t know what people will do with drinks. I guess it was inevitable. People complain that there aren’t enough loungers, and deck space is finite. All Celebrity can do is get rid of tables and pack loungers in like sardines. 

I’m really enjoying your live review, as always. I hope the the weather stays fine for you😊

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Now that the loungers are so close together, I don’t know what people will do with drinks. I guess it was inevitable. People complain that there aren’t enough loungers, and deck space is finite. All Celebrity can do is get rid of tables and pack loungers in like sardines. 

Sounds bad.

They are set out this in the solarium and unless I can find an end one I cannot get on them. I need space between loungers to put my feet to get on and off, as I cannot kneel, after having knee surgery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Weather today expected to be 72-75 F, partially cloudy with chance of showers,  seas 5-10 ft, winds 10 knots And we are heading 078 degrees at 20 knots.  

EAE88FC8-9E5F-4FDE-A0DB-F5D26ACC2CD8.thumb.jpeg.3faffa38eb531f9111062d46712e264c.jpeg

D8B8851E-466A-45CB-859D-7C185E9C9EEA.thumb.jpeg.a60c16e36b824bee0ee33959f65c13db.jpeg

Beautiful seas!  Hope to do this trip in the future..thanks for posting!

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

You’re welcome. I never lie by the pool either, but I walk several miles per day, and I noticed when people began having to place drinks on the deck beside the loungers. Now that the loungers are so close together, I don’t know what people will do with drinks. I guess it was inevitable. People complain that there aren’t enough loungers, and deck space is finite. All Celebrity can do is get rid of tables and pack loungers in like sardines. 

I’m really enjoying your live review, as always. I hope the the weather stays fine for you😊

When I was out walking this morning noticed people putting drinks on deck slightly under chair.    

Chairs are REALLY close on jogging track.  People have been pulling some out and leaving chairs on track to make space 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Weather today expected to be 72-75 F, partially cloudy with chance of showers,  seas 5-10 ft, winds 10 knots And we are heading 078 degrees at 20 knots.  

I'm hoping for weather like yours for our crossing on Edge. Fingers crossed😉

14 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I haven't seen them since the Galaxy I think.  So, it's been years.  Don't remember seeing them on any of the M class ships.

27 minutes ago, ecslady said:

I haven't seen them since the Galaxy I think.  So, it's been years.  Don't remember seeing them on any of the M class ships.

They were definitely some tables on our very first cruise (Millie 2006) but I think there were only a few of them. There were also multiple bar servers roaming around taking orders. Things had changed a bit by the time we took our second cruise in 2013😊

I am very much enjoying your narrative.  I would love to do a TA, but I don't think my DH could handle it.  Sea days are his least favorite, and 7 in a row might push him over the edge.

We are doing our first Celebrity in January of 2020, and it is a 10 night.  I am really looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I'm hoping for weather like yours for our crossing on Edge. Fingers crossed😉

I hope you have a smooth crossing.  The Captain mentioned today it should remain nice for the entire crossing. 

When is the Edge crossing?

2 hours ago, Silkroad said:

They were definitely some tables on our very first cruise (Millie 2006) but I think there were only a few of them. There were also multiple bar servers roaming around taking orders. Things had changed a bit by the time we took our second cruise in 2013😊

There are some bar tenders taking orders around the pool but not as many as I use to notice.    They do have  couple drink stations setup near the Pool Grill.    Yesterday afternoon the pool butlers were roaming around offering small cups of sorbet.

18 minutes ago, LEESRE said:

Jim,

If you ever get the opportunity to photograph some of the interior of Infinity it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your blog.

I'll post some.   I've been taking lots of pictures but slow in getting them posted.

Tuscan 

B0862444-7B7D-4A1B-8A91-68198AE78B42.thumb.jpeg.8191760d048f9c687606e67a78d26e9c.jpeg

32F88E85-5B4B-4029-A660-48F9EB010682.thumb.jpeg.83426d56090154c3e4fa8abe0af6b39b.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gimpy McFarlan said:

No SAFE Archery on the activities list? 🤔 Bummer... That is one of my favorites. 😑

I think they will have it.  They have lots planned for all the sea days.