Wind 30 Apr-16 May, FLL-Tower Bridge

Tothesunset

22 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

RP, for a nice red we can recommend the Greystone.  For a tasty white the Pipoli is hard to beat but they also have a nice German Riesling on board. 

Thanks for the recommendation which we look forward to trying when we join on Thursday.Is CD Colin staying on...hope so.?

I think he is staying on. I have to say we have found the crew on this voyage particularly splendid so I am sure you will be well looked after. 

Today is the final sea day before meeting the pilot at 0630 tomorrow for our passage up the Thames. Scheduled to be alongside HMS Belfast at 1230. Overnight aboard then disembark early a.m. on 16th.

Very much an end of term feeling in spite of a really good British lunch event in the dining room. Only 2 more sleeps until reality resumes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Very much an end of term feeling in spite of a really good British lunch event in the dining room. Only 2 more sleeps until reality resumes. 

Unfortunately WC’s don’t seem to do British or Pub lunches, as there has not been one since we joined 4 weeks ago, and not even for St George’s day either.

1 hour ago, brimary said:

Thanks for the recommendation which we look forward to trying when we join on Thursday.Is CD Colin staying on...hope so.?

He told me he is on until July. Not sure the exact date, but know it was just before my planned Birthday lunch scheduled on the Wind at Tower Bridge on the 11th August.

TTS.... sounds like overall you had a good time and that the crossing waves didn't put the dampeners on it too much?

Everything is, once again, copacetic. I’ve decided that a terrible storm like we just sailed thru is like childbirth...horrible at the time,  but when it’s over, it’s over....and soon forgotten.

The biggest lesson I learned was to stick with a midship veranda. From the forward staircase on it was obvious that the ride was measurably rougher. Live and learn.

Bravo to Capt Arma for his steady command under very difficult conditions.

Had lunch today out on deck which until yesterday, tied up in Waterford, was the loneliest place on the ship. The sun’s out, the seas are okay, and lunch was delicious!  

Hail Britannia 🎼🇬🇧 Tomorrow at Tower Bridge...no matter how many times, still thrilling! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brimary said:

Now then, Brimary, if you have drunk it all by the time I board, I shall be in a serious huff...

Rp

14 minutes ago, CruisinPashmina said:

Everything is, once again, copacetic. I’ve decided that a terrible storm like we just sailed thru is like childbirth...horrible at the time,  but when it’s over, it’s over....and soon forgotten.

The biggest lesson I learned was to stick with a midship veranda. From the forward staircase on it was obvious that the ride was measurably rougher. Live and learn.

Bravo to Capt Arma for his steady command under very difficult conditions.

Had lunch today out on deck which until yesterday, tied up in Waterford, was the loneliest place on the ship. The sun’s out, the seas are okay, and lunch was delicious!  

Hail Britannia 🎼🇬🇧 Tomorrow at Tower Bridge...no matter how many times, still thrilling! 

Glad to hear that things are back on an even keel, CP. London is looking rather splendid at the moment, under a cloudless sky. If it is like this tomorrow, and it promises to be so, you should have a wonderful sail up the Thames. We are meeting other friends for dinner tomorrow who will be joining you on board on Thursday, we will tell them to look out for you.

Rp

1 hour ago, les37b said:

TTS.... sounds like overall you had a good time and that the crossing waves didn't put the dampeners on it too much?

Not at all. It was quite fun, really. 738 is well positioned in such waters. 

We have really enjoyed our crossing. Not quite our farewell to the Lady Wind as we will be sailing on her again next March to Cuba (Man-Child permitting) in 738 again. Luvvly-jubbly! 

Won't be long now! Currently just passing Tilbury........

Thinking ahead.... for next year..... I will set up from my phone on 4G and do a live You-Tube video from Gravesend to docking in the Pool and everyone will see exactly what the fuss is about as it happens! That should be fun!

Make sure you've practised your royal wave, best smile and flag in hand! I may well be joined by our neighbours in 736 to wave you in too!

• Like 3

On 5/13/2019 at 6:54 PM, Tothesunset said:

RP, for a nice red we can recommend the Greystone.  For a tasty white the Pipoli is hard to beat but they also have a nice German Riesling on board. 

We had the Greystone on the deck last night, luckily there was more than one bottle left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks to les37b for the info and also to TTS for taking us along your Crossing to Tower Bridge which has given us an excellent current update prior to joining our favourite Wind tomorrow.By coincidence we rejoin the Wind again at Tower Bridge on the day of the celebration lunch for les37b,hope all goes well and have an enjoyable time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rosepark said:

Now then, Brimary, if you have drunk it all by the time I board, I shall be in a serious huff...

Rp

No intention of doing that....I hope !! Will make special request to save plenty for Rosepark

2 minutes ago, brimary said:

No intention of doing that....I hope !! Will make special request to save plenty for Rosepark

Excellent, but I think you will still be on board so we may get to share a bottle or two

Rp

Rule Britannia was heard loud but not very clear...... Watched the Wind pass through Tower Bridge as planned....... armed with 4 video cameras and my trusty Canon 6D and 75-300mm lens. Have had a quick look through.... I know I can see one of our friends - but on the front port side, which I didn't concentrate of shooting.

Many very clear photos taken and visually (when zoomed in) guests clearly visible to recognise.

Not looked through everything yet, but this is a straight forward quickie taken on an older 1080p camcorder.... The spot I used is not good for video - but the object was to take close up stills - and I was on my own in the end. Manning 5 cameras after arriving 5 mins before the lift started is no mean feat!

Enjoy.... Will add a few more bits shortly...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nicely done, Les! Chris and I stood in that very spot last September waiting for the Wind to sail away. But they delayed it an hour and we had to leave without getting to say goodbye. 😞

Few Stills....... no close ups though..... anyone on the ship on Deck to the Aft or Starboard, you're definitely in with a good shout of a nice photo just as you come through the Bridge.... Happy to send FOC... a nice momento for that moment!

IMG_4376.JPG

IMG_4456.JPG

IMG_4484.JPG

IMG_4502.JPG

IMG_4509.JPG

IMG_4512.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Nicely done, Les! Chris and I stood in that very spot last September waiting for the Wind to sail away. But they delayed it an hour and we had to leave without getting to say goodbye. 😞

1 minute ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Fantastic Les. Excellent job.

Thanks....Its a good place to stand to watch as you can't get much nearer, but bad place to video as you're just too close.

I've had a quick look at the first of the go-pros and that seems to have come out quite well all things considered.... I will have a look at the other 2 before deciding to edit together into one or not.

Marvelous, Marvelous Les; rekindled many fond memories (sights, hearing, missed the smell though :)) of our Cloud (2014, London to London/Iceland )and Wind(2017, London to London/Norway ) voyages.  Kudos for a job done well above & beyond.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, les37b said:

Excellent video and photos Les. Thanks so much for posting those. Mrs TTS can be clearly seen in the first photo. She is standing by the round searchlight thing in a blue coat with her camera obscuring her face! I'm making no further comment about her camera's position. 

• Like 1