Drinks in Library

jangor

I know that this is a bit of a weird question, but it just popped up in a discussion with friends.  The library is a great place to hang out.  Not just for books, but puzzles and games.  Can you bring food or drink into the library??

Edited by jangor
mistype

I did not think so either, but the question never came up before with us.  We have friends who are traveling with us and thought we might have a friendly game or two in the Library.  Did not know if there were any regs about food or drink.  Thank you.

25 minutes ago, jangor said:

I did not think so either, but the question never came up before with us.  We have friends who are traveling with us and thought we might have a friendly game or two in the Library.  Did not know if there were any regs about food or drink.  Thank you.

Best way to get a correct answer is to wait and ask on the ship.  Then ask two more people. Some people just can not give a straightnformative answer.

Grand Princess has a tea lounge called Leaves in the Library.  You could get fancy tea there and snacks for an extra fee certain hours of the day.  So, it was definitely okay to eat and drink in there.  

5 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

Grand Princess has a tea lounge called Leaves in the Library.  You could get fancy tea there and snacks for an extra fee certain hours of the day.  So, it was definitely okay to eat and drink in there.  

Just don't talk loud......

1 hour ago, jangor said:

Personally, I if there was someone in the library reading, I would feel that going in there to play a game would be inappropriate as that would probably involve a lot of talking/laughing/etc. Going elsewhere to play  would seem more appropriate to me, that others might not agree.

Tom

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Personally, I if there was someone in the library reading, I would feel that going in there to play a game would be inappropriate as that would probably involve a lot of talking/laughing/etc. Going elsewhere to play  would seem more appropriate to me, that others might not agree.

Tom

Good point.  We would definitely need to be aware of this,

I bring coffee, read and watch the passing views from the big comfy chairs in the Coral Library.  Most other Princess libraries don’t really seem that conducive to spending much time, but would likely bring my beverage if I stopped by.  

Edited by LoriPhil

I don't know what ship you're on, but the Princess ships we've been on have had game rooms near the library.  You can eat and drink there for sure.

Edited by Plant

51 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

I bring coffee, read and watch the passing views from the big comfy chairs in the Coral Library.  Most other Princess libraries don’t really seem that conducive to spending much time, but would likely bring my beverage if I stopped by.  

Love that area!  😉

1 hour ago, Plant said:

I don't know what ship you're on, but the Princess ships we've been on have had game rooms near the library.  You can eat and drink there for sure.

Only ships I know of like that are Pacific, Island and Coral.

The original Grand-class ships all had a writing room/card room next to the library at the bottom of Deck 5. But when they were refurbished to the Piazza format the library became just a row of shelves on one wall of the Internet Cafe. So on Golden, Star and Caribbean you may be stopped from bringing food or drink in by the Internet Manager whose domain the "library" occupies.

On Crown, Emerald and Ruby the library is a tunnel-like room off the forward entrance lobby to Wheelhouse Bar. Likely those ships are the easiest to wander into with a libation in hand(s). 

• Like 1

Is it the Grand, where they sell tea (special teas) in the library?    I have been on some ships where there was a coffee place across from the library... I would guess it really depends on how the library is set up.  Some you have to be quiet, so playing games may not work but others where it is more open would not be a problem.   Use common sense.

I DO bring coffee to the internet cafe as well.  Can't log in for my morning news without it!  As my mom always said, do what you do with confidence and most times you'll get away with it (but always fess-up if you don't).  Of course, I don't need a bib when I have a beverage anymore, but I'm always careful with them so there is no pepsi-incident on the keyboards.

The library on Grand is essentially a game room.  We just took Grand to Alaska in May.  The library was full of people playing games pretty much every sea day.  The book selection was pretty sad.   I really can't think of a Princess ship I have been on in recent years that had a library that was just books and was quiet.

• Like 2