Landmark Sale coming July 18

idahospud

Celebrity website pricing shows -

Sail - Best rate - instant savings, lowest fare, non refundable deposits

Sail Plus - Best Value - 2 perks, instant savings, refundable deposits 

You can see and choose the pricing you want.

Why can’t Princess do the same?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, medsed said:

My upcoming cruise was on the original list but was not coming up for my TA under this promotion.  She called Princess and they said it was no longer included...big bummer.  My 2021 on the Emerald is on the list and was around the same price so we switched that one.  I was really disappointed that the other one was no longer included

Same here.  My Jan 2020 cruise was on the list, but when the promo date came, it was no longer included☹️.  Bummer.

14 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

We are on the emerald in 2021 as well in April...when is yours?

March ours is San Diego to Fll full transit, new locks,  it is March 10 if I am thinking clearly this morning!

17 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

My TA checked with 2 agents and they checked with a supervisor and they all said the price was the same.

Ours is June 9, 2020 on Regal and the price was the same refundable vs non-refundable.  My TA said Princess told her it was Europe cruises that were the same pricing for both deposit scenarios.  Who knows?  Doesn't bother me since we saved a bunch with this promo.  I did make sure we got the refundable option though!

Regarding TAs - I'm a control freak too, but I'm also very frugal.  For our cruise next year we're getting $545 OBC from our TA.  I'm cool with losing a little bit of control for that kind of money :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, medsed said:

March ours is San Diego to Fll full transit, new locks,  it is March 10 if I am thinking clearly this morning!

We are hoping that they keep this route for awhile as we have other things planned but would love to be able to do it fll to san

4 hours ago, lstone19 said:

Santa Clarita, not Santa Clara. Twice you've said Santa Clara. I'm a former resident of Santa Clara, which is in the SF Bay Area right next to San Jose. Santa Clarita is about 35 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

My apologies.  My subconscious mind questioned that and I did not think it out.  You are correct of course and I made a mistake.  Thanks for the correction.

1 minute ago, steelers36 said:

My apologies.  My subconscious mind questioned that and I did not think it out.  You are correct of course and I made a mistake.  Thanks for the correction.

I get it. We had just moved from Santa Clara when we took our first Princess cruise and when I first heard Santa Clarita in reference to Princess and having not heard of Santa Clarita at the time (to a NorCal person, SoCal might as well be another planet 🙂 ), I first thought they meant Santa Clara.

53 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

I get it. We had just moved from Santa Clara when we took our first Princess cruise and when I first heard Santa Clarita in reference to Princess and having not heard of Santa Clarita at the time (to a NorCal person, SoCal might as well be another planet 🙂 ), I first thought they meant Santa Clara.

And I know better.  I had a friend used to live in Santa Clarita.  Six Flags Magic Mountain is just on the other side of the I-5.  DOH!!! 

21 hours ago, getaway101 said:

Well it worked out very well for us.  We have a b2b currently booked with a TA and then the Baltic April 2020.  We originally had $300 obc w/free grats.  So doing the math (I am an accountant) between the two cruises we saved $875.00 because the price of both cruises went down.  Yes it is non-refundable but we always take cruise insurance so it will be refundable if we have to cancel for any covered reason, ie; health, etc.  We also did not have to put anymore money on the deposit because we booked with FCC's.  So our TA discounted the cruise and gave us more in obc.  So for a total of 25 days we now have a total of $3350.00.  So between gratuities ($725.00), specialty restaurants, a few drinks, the wine package, etc.....I will get off the ship DEBT FREE!  Works for me!

p.s.  This includes military & stock & FCC twice.....why I always book a long cruise as a b2b

Congrats on it working out for you. Sometimes it does and sometimes you have to just let it pass on by 😆

5 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

And one last comment before I give up on this whole thing, Princess is not smart to make these changes. There will be those of us who go back to NCL. I know, good riddance, yadda yadda...

I'm not pleased with this "sale" either. I will not book with a non refundable deposit far out, but will wait for something better to come up. I also compare Celebrity, Royal & Holland America lines. I have benefited from some great price drops with Princess, so it is worth considering them in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

I'm not pleased with this "sale" either. I will not book with a non refundable deposit far out, but will wait for something better to come up. I also compare Celebrity, Royal & Holland America lines. I have benefited from some great price drops with Princess, so it is worth considering them in the future.

There is a refundable deposit (actually two) if you make one phonecall. Ask for the code N7A fare. For a two-week AK cruise the difference between NRD and RD was $100pp. But the fare savings for RD were $422pp plus additional OBC of $33 over the "May Sale". 

If you're working through a travel agent, they shouldn't even have to call, but they can see the four fare codes on their Princess interface.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

There is a refundable deposit (actually two) if you make one phonecall. Ask for the code N7A fare. For a two-week AK cruise the difference between NRD and RD was $100pp. But the fare savings for RD were $422pp plus additional OBC of $33 over the "May Sale". 

If you're working through a travel agent, they shouldn't even have to call, but they can see the four fare codes on their Princess interface.

I am aware of this, just not interested for any cruises I am considering.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 4:32 AM, steelers36 said:

I did some checking on Landmark pricing Thursday afternoon (18th) on Princess and my TA website in order to see if there was anything good for us in regards to a cruise in fall 2020.  There isn't - and not only that, but a shorter version of the cruise costs more than our locked-in price point for the longer version, so it makes no sense to switch.

Anyway, all I can do is provide what I found in checking price plans for our Regal cruise.  This is to say that other ships/voyages could be different, but it would seem odd for Princess to be inconsistent in that.  Well, perhaps not as this community is often posting about inconsistencies of one sort or another.  I do submit, however, that it seems totally illogical to setup a NRD pricing plan and have it cost more to book the same cabin than under a RD plan.

But lo and behold, the pricing plan according my TA website indicates that booking an Inside cabin under Landmark Sale with a RD is $120 LESS than booking under NRD.  Go figure.

Caveat Emptor!!! 

This afternoon, I opened up Princess again to see what was going on with our booked Regal cruise for next October (London - Singapore, plus the variations).  Woah!!!  Prices pushed well above a few days ago.  When I say that, I mean about $1700 for the very few Insides left.  But still, the Landmark RD pricing is $120 less than the NRD pricing.  The latter is the one still being shown on Princess website.  Makes no sense, but I hope this isn't the norm across other voyages in this sale.  Thinking as a stockholder looking for CCL to get back up, these moves do not seem customer-friendly nor conducive to selling more cabins.  Albeit this particular cruise is almost sold out and at least one variation of it is showing sold out. 

Another interesting observation is that if one was willing to book under Landmark and pay a NRD, may as well book the no frills "Princess Saver Fare" for $760 less per person, which is almost four times better than the Landmark OBC that would be forfeited in the process.

My Caveat Emptor statement remains and the customer either needs to be savvy or have a savvy trusted advocate in the form of a TA.

For Landmark Sale you can choose a Refundable Deposit instead of a Non refundable Deposit with no loss of promos and at the same rates .

Book with a TA or ask Princess Rep for Rate Code N7A  or if your TA has a Speculative Group on your sailing , Rate Code Z7A will get you the Landmark promos as well as the Group rates , amenities and upgrades , with a Refundable Deposit.

If you merely book this Landmark Sale @ Princess.com , you will not see this Refundable option as a choice.

Buyer Beware!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocklinmom said:

Yes exactly, they are punishing those of us who book our own cruises online.  We would have no way of knowing about these other rates and options. Not sure why Princess is doing this now. 

Princess has had these Rate Codes not visible  to people booking Direct   for some time now .

Certainly an advantage to TA's who use POLAR to  book the majority of all Princess cruises .

3 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Yes exactly, they are punishing those of us who book our own cruises online.  We would have no way of knowing about these other rates and options. Not sure why Princess is doing this now. 

I think it is more like you are paying for doing your booking the way you prefer.

Princess seems to prefer another way that perhaps allows for more profit??  Upsells, adding extras, etc.  It's all marketing.  Businesses tend to optimize their profits rather than just look at effeciency.  JMHO.