Caribbean Princess starting on July 27

CruiseVA

I'm migrating to here and can hardly wait for IC's orzo salad & frozen coffee. Will be trading mini bar for coffee program but that's never enough. So I scored a card with 8 punches. Yes, I'm hooked! 

VillaUK I owe you a frozen coffee for all the work you did keeping the roll call and countdown clock going. Let me know your favorite & I'll bring it to the mtg 🥛or?

Flying out tomorrow night ... flight just changed from 10:35 to 10:00. So shifting Bart as well. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

We’ve had a fabulous roll call going for our cruise and that great camaraderie has continued to this live thread - well done, CruiseVA 👍.

I’ll start it off by saying the traffic at FLL last night was horrendous; I was surprised as we hadn’t landed until after 9.30pm and there were long queues.  Anyway, we’re staying at the Hyatt (17th Street) and caught the hotel shuttle. We appreciated how long it had taken the driver to navigate through the back-up of traffic. If anyone is considering staying here, it’s quite dated (so is the Embassy Suites), but you do get the free breakfast being Hyatt members, 2 complimentary waters per day and it’s an easy location for last-minute items. The staff were very friendly and accommodating when we checked-in.

As our body body clocks are still adjusting 😞 - we’ve been awake since the crack of dawn 😆 - I thought I’d post some pre-cruise information 🤣. I’ll update with our final thoughts after a couple of nights here.

We’re not Elite on Princess (mainly X cruisers), so we may have a different perspective from many who are travelling on this particular sailing, which I personally think will be a good comparison for those considering this itinerary on Caribbean Princess with little status on Princess 👍

Forgot to say, we were one of the pax offered the move-down offer from a balcony to an inside with our cruise costs being reimbursed. We decided against it as we are travelling with family and wanted to be close to our DSs. Additionally, I like a balcony cabin as we don’t spend much time up top.  Under different circumstances, we would have probably accepted, especially if it had been for a week in the Med where we have sailed many times.

• Like 2

Welcome to the US villauk! Great job organizing everything!

We're leaving around 2:00PM and hopefully will touchdown in FLL at 7:00PM (short layover in ATL). Looking forward to seeing everyone on board tomorrow.

• Like 3

After taking our babies to the dog sitter's last night, trying to get some sleep was fruitless. Pam and I are just too excited, and the house is entirely too quiet!  Our ride to the airport doesn't arrive for another 2 hours, and there's nothing to do!

48959184_10156815127818433_7971342869107572736_n.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/24/2019 at 10:15 PM, CruiseVA said:

Hopefully there will be a few of us posting "live" from the Caribbean Princess as we sail from Fort Lauderdale to Quebec City starting on July 27.

Looking forward to reading posts from folks on this cruise!  A few years ago we did a similar itinerary on a 14-day RT from NJ on the Celebrity Summit, a smaller ship than the Caribbean P.  From the shore the latter will be most impressive in Quebec City as it's much larger than the Summit and the HAL ships that sail there.  Wonder if it's the largest ship to go there.  We really enjoyed the itinerary even though we'd been out that way by car a number of years ago.

19 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

Ahhh I'm so excited for you guys hahaha. Feels like I'm going. This is an adventure.

I'll be having photo requests lol, just a heads up.

I like your name and the happy positive attitude. Ditto for photo request. 🙂 And maybe patter and menu? 🙂 But even just the daily update makes me feel like going.

• Like 1