The Error 500 gremlin is back...

6 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

There is an update that just came available to our forums software.  Tech thinks that likely this issue will be corrected with the update.  We are going to aim to do the update tonight after 9pm EST when there is less traffic.  The boards will be unavailable for a few minutes while the update is being installed which is why we are waiting until then.  We will keep an eye after and tomorrow morning to see if that has corrected the problem for us

We all have our fingers crossed that it works.

11 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And one of the worst things about the 500 error is that after I go back and do get into the thread, there is no longer a circle or star. In other words, I cannot get to the last read without going through the posts on the last page since it now seems to be saying you were there already...

When the circle or star is gone and the thread title is no longer bold, look to the right for the last poster's user name. Underneath is the time of their last post. Click the time and you will be taken to the last post. You can then scroll up the last page to your last read.

Hope this helps!

Kat 🐱

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

There is an update that just came available to our forums software.  Tech thinks that likely this issue will be corrected with the update.  We are going to aim to do the update tonight after 9pm EST when there is less traffic.  The boards will be unavailable for a few minutes while the update is being installed which is why we are waiting until then.  We will keep an eye after and tomorrow morning to see if that has corrected the problem for us

Thanks Jenn.   We all hope it works!  🙂

• Thanks 1

Host Jenn -- I'm almost afraid that I'll 'JINX-IT' by saying this -- but, so far, so good! No white screens/blank walls this morning. Thanks for the hard work that you and the other mods and techs do -- constantly -- to keep us up & running!! 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, after a couple of days (since the update) of no issues, the Error 500 is back.  Just got it twice in the last 3 minutes.

Edit that to say, I'm getting it about every third or forth page/forum changes now.

Edited by Shmoo here

White/blank pages returned today. But, when I DO manage to get around them -- that GIANT BLUE BANNER is still sitting there, at the top of every page! Apparently CC's latest 'fix' turned out to be a convenient vehicle for loading-up our pages with yet another 'feature' that no one wants! I wouldn't even complain about that, if the 'fix' had worked for more than a few days -- but, it didn't.

CC -- PLEASE take that banner down, and fix your website!

Edited by wwcruisers
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, dfish said:

Yes, Error 500 is alive and well.

This error seems to happen most often on weekends.  I'm not an IT expert, but I am also not a huge believer in coincidence.  Might the explanation be:  no one can fix IT issues on the weekend (and perhaps problems are not even being monitored), and/or traffic volume is higher on the weekends (I have no idea, I'm just guessing) and the server can't handle the traffic? 

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

This error seems to happen most often on weekends.  I'm not an IT expert, but I am also not a huge believer in coincidence.  Might the explanation be:  no one can fix IT issues on the weekend (and perhaps problems are not even being monitored), and/or traffic volume is higher on the weekends (I have no idea, I'm just guessing) and the server can't handle the traffic? 

No idea on that.  But, I have noticed today that the Error 500 is popping up a lot more often than it did last weekend, at least for me.  It seems everytime I try to navigate to another page, I get the Error 500 message.   

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

White/blank pages returned today. But, when I DO manage to get around them -- that GIANT BLUE BANNER is still sitting there, at the top of every page! Apparently CC's latest 'fix' turned out to be a convenient vehicle for loading-up our pages with yet another 'feature' that no one wants! I wouldn't even complain about that, if the 'fix' had worked for more than a few days -- but, it didn't.

CC -- PLEASE take that banner down, and fix your website!

By "giant blue banner" are you talking about the "Find Cruises" box?  If so, and you have an adblocker, it's possible to remove it.  That's what several of us have already done.

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2019 at 11:11 PM, CC Help Jenn said:

The maintenance was completed.  Let me know if you experience the same errors after this time

thanks! 

I guess I did jinx it. I have received several of the 500 errors in the last 10 minutes or so in ask a cruise question.

Just now, ontheweb said:

I guess I did jinx it. I have received several of the 500 errors in the last 10 minutes or so in ask a cruise question.

And I just got another one when I hit submit reply  (though since I'm quoting it my reply did go through.)