The Error 500 gremlin is back...

9 hours ago, shof515 said:

I am getting a blank white post when opening a topic or moving between different forums

That's what I've been getting too -- as opposed to the 500-error code that others have reported. All I can say is that the 'powers that be' are aware of it -- and (hopefully) working to fix it.

OK, here's a new one (for me, anyway).

I quote a post, and answer it.  I click submit reply.  The button turns to "saving" and then the thread opens up with my post at the end.  I go to another thread/page, and when I return to the first thread, my post is no longer there.

It's happened 3 times now.  On 3 different threads, two different forums.

It wasn't too bad for me over the weekend- just used the back button- but tonight I haven't been able to move away from the 500 page... I thought it was my computer so have been running checks, but haven't found anything amiss.

56 minutes ago, broberts said:

Did you check your content listing to see if the posts were there?

I did.  I waited.  I checked again.  Then I went back to 2 of the threads and reposted.  Those posts are still there.

Hasn't happened again.  

Maybe it's a matter of timing and I hit "submit" at the same time one of those pesky error 500 vortexes appeared.

6 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I did.  I waited.  I checked again.  Then I went back to 2 of the threads and reposted.  Those posts are still there.

Hasn't happened again.  

Maybe it's a matter of timing and I hit "submit" at the same time one of those pesky error 500 vortexes appeared.

May well be related to 500 issue.

There is another problem which I think is related.  I like to hover over the thread title of a new thread to see if I want to read it or might want to comment.  Sometimes, instead of being able to read the initial post, I see 'there was a problem loading this content'.  Usually I can click on the thread and then read it, but sometimes doing that defaults to the Error 500.  EM

11 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Knock wood -- the 'white screen' issue is not nearly as problematic today, as it was in the past few days. Yesterday, things got so bad that I just gave up and logged out, for the rest of the day! Hope it's finally fixed!

While I haven't had the blank white screen, I'm finding the 500 error page popping up much more this morning.  

@CC Help Jenn I don't know whether this will help with troubleshooting, but I've been away for a few days and only accessed CC via Safari (on my iPhone and iPad).  Over those few days, I had numerous white screens but never Error 500.  I just got home (this is Tuesday), booted up my laptop, logged onto CC via Chrome and boom, Error 500! 

17 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

@CC Help Jenn I don't know whether this will help with troubleshooting, but I've been away for a few days and only accessed CC via Safari (on my iPhone and iPad).  Over those few days, I had numerous white screens but never Error 500.  I just got home (this is Tuesday), booted up my laptop, logged onto CC via Chrome and boom, Error 500! 

Don't hold me to task on  this one as I am going by experience only - I believe the white screen on mobile is pretty much the same as a 500 error on a browser.  I don't know that mobile browsers will serve the same error codes as web browsers.

With that said this has been reported and I will let you know if tech has any other questions or if there has been a resolution

• Thanks 1

Yep, the white screen phenomenon is about at its worst, today. Just about everything I click on leads me to a blank wall -- that I then have to back out of, and try again. So -- giving up and logging off! Host Jenn -- hope that you guys can find a solution to this one! Thanks for keeping us 'in the loop'.

And one of the worst things about the 500 error is that after I go back and do get into the thread, there is no longer a circle or star. In other words, I cannot get to the last read without going through the posts on the last page since it now seems to be saying you were there already.

And I also occasionally get the error loading when I hover over a post, and that seems to keep happening if I try again to hover.

There is an update that just came available to our forums software.  Tech thinks that likely this issue will be corrected with the update.  We are going to aim to do the update tonight after 9pm EST when there is less traffic.  The boards will be unavailable for a few minutes while the update is being installed which is why we are waiting until then.  We will keep an eye after and tomorrow morning to see if that has corrected the problem for us

• Thanks 1