Door decoration ban

drvmywifecrzy

6 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

So no more door decorations.

What is next to go from NCL?

Can you post a link to this ban? 

If it is true..... you can thank you fellow cruisers for decorating doors with things that do damage or not remove the decorations at the end of their cruise causing additional work on an already crazy busy day

Edited by esm54687
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

If it is true..... you can thank you fellow cruisers for decorating doors with things that do damage or not remove the decorations at the end of their cruise causing additional work on an already crazy busy day

67714367_2588759784476656_6161792049730289664_n.jpg

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

this was posted in a facebook group . I wonder if they might use a similar policy from carnival where the decoration need to be made from fire retardant material

67801120_10162698685275455_4095869014637543424_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, 1bets1 said:

I'll try decorating the inside of my door. Won't be the same though. This has become a tradition for me and my daughter. We never left a speck behind. 

The ban doesn't seem to have anything to do with leaving glue, etc. It is a saftey issue in the event of fire, that stuff burns like crazy and can easily cause a minor fire to become major.

This is a good move on NCL's part.

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alatraveler1 said:

So do they still offer the decorations if ordered through NCL?

Yes as these decorations are inside your cabin - not on the exterior door.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1bets1 said:

I already bought my decorations! So I can't hang a happy birthday banner? I use museum tac, which doesn't mar the door at all.

You absolutely can hang it.  Your steward may or may not take it down.  Tips tend to go down when stewards touch things that don't belong to them....

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Alatraveler1 said:

So do they still offer the decorations if ordered through NCL?

Not a problem inside the cabin, it is the stuff on the outside that is the issue.

9 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

You absolutely can hang it.  Your steward may or may not take it down.  Tips tend to go down when stewards touch things that don't belong to them....

That would not be fair to the steward who would just be doing his job. The notice said that the decorations would be moved to the inside of the stateroom. Not thrown away.

I usually put a couple of the flat magnets on our door to make the room easier to find, but I guess we will be okay going by the room number.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

So when the tidy up your cabin and fold clothes or towels, their tips get reduced? That's what this says. If tips go down because the steward does their job seems like the tipper should not be a cruiser.

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 13

32 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

The mess you leave in your room, be it clothes or food or in the toilet, doesn't belong to the steward, but I bet you don't mind them touching/cleaning that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

The ban doesn't seem to have anything to do with leaving glue, etc. It is a saftey issue in the event of fire, that stuff burns like crazy and can easily cause a minor fire to become major.

This is a good move on NCL's part.

I'm confused on your logic..... You say it's flammable and can cause a minor fire to become major on the outside of the door yet later on in this thread you seem to think it's OK on the inside of the door...... where do you think the most flammable items are?? on the outside where there is fire retardant carpet and walls or inside where there's a gazillion items to feed a fire (alcohol, cigarettes, hair spray, stacks of dailies, electrical cords, clothing, bedding, towels, SMOKING, etc).

If it's a fire hazard then there should be zero tolerance on both sides of the door. 

• Like 7

This doesn't remedy the STOLEN MAP thread.

Either a crew member did not follow protocol about placing the so called offending door decoration

in the cabin or a thief removed same for whatever personal use.

In any event some of these decorations are left in place and others removed.

Tips not withstanding.

No consistent application by ship or fleet wide in spite of the Statement in the ship's Daily.

The previous post of esm54687 makes perfect sense - either all or none - zero tolerance.

Really there should be some allowance to use approved materials to mark a cabin door for others

to find or note a special occasion - NCL could even provide the approved markers materials and

could even go so far as to SELL them - yea more fees for the bottom feeders.

Another situation where the result is blown out of proportion and a form of simple fun restricted !

The clothes you wear on board the ship are more apt to be flammable - cavet stay away for

flammable sources and those door decorations ! Get the drift - the hint - - - - - - - - - - !

All the posts unfit to post but posted in spite of whatever the cause - - -

Back to the case of the purloined Map with magnetic ship - we are afloat without direction - - -

I have to leave now my soap box was not made of approved material - LOL ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PortFees45 said:

Good for NCL. People walking down the hall don't need to know it's your damn birthday or whatever. 

I know, right? How dare those people have a good time and try to be a little creative. This is a cruise, dammit!

• Like 14
  • Haha 5