Mitsugirly BREAKAWAYs for a summer cruise: Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

8 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

But, I feel like I have hope now. I'm honestly looking forward to this PT. I know it's going to hurt and it's going to be a long road to recovery. This appointment brought new hope to me as much as I was dreading it, I'm feeling good! I'm feeling like this is the start of my next process in recovery and I kinda see the light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't felt this excited since this whole process.

I am so glad to hear you finally sounding optimistic! I’m glad that your bones are healed, and that your infection is not MRSA, but instead is something that is treatable. You’re definitely moving into being able to focus on recovery, not just what has seemed like crisis intervention. It made my day to hear that you finally have some good news to report, and that you’re starting to feel good again! 🎉 🎈 

Thanks for the latest update, Kim. I'm glad to hear you sounding positive and wanting to get started with PT. You know it won't be easy, but it will help you so just remember that. When I had to do my PT exercises at home I would get so tired and frustrated, but I could see they were helping and could not wait to be fully recovered. Hang in there. ❤️😃

Heather

20 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

But, I feel like I have hope now. I'm honestly looking forward to this PT. I know it's going to hurt and it's going to be a long road to recovery. This appointment brought new hope to me as much as I was dreading it, I'm feeling good! I'm feeling like this is the start of my next process in recovery and I kinda see the light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't felt this excited since this whole process.

I am so happy to read this this morning!!! ❤️

A whole lotta not good news today with my PCP doctor. She’s running tests, sending me to hematologist, ultrasound to compare blood clots, and then ran a EKG that determined anterior infarct and she’s concerned I’m currently having a heart attack or I have a blood clot on the heart or a blockage. Currently on the way to the hospital ER for evaluation. I Just Can’t Win! 😭😭😭

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

A whole lotta not good news today with my PCP doctor. She’s running tests, sending me to hematologist, ultrasound to compare blood clots, and then ran a EKG that determined anterior infarct and she’s concerned I’m currently having a heart attack or I have a blood clot on the heart or a blockage. Currently on the way to the hospital ER for evaluation. I Just Can’t Win! 😭😭😭

OMG, you can’t catch a break.  Hoping ER visit goes well-something has to start going your way.  Thinking and praying for you.  

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

OMG--When you think it can't get any worse --- it does. All the best to you. I hope they figure it out quick!!

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

OMG, thinking about you! Please keep us posted. 😞

Ok, back to being good news....Sorry for the scare. I've never been so scared in my life.

Went to PCP today for my blood thinners check up/monitoring. She was really being an advocate for me and wanted to "check all the boxes" with everything that was going on.

1) Because of all of the complications I have experienced, she wants to send me to a hematologist that she's good friends with and states he is really good. She wants him to do a complete assessment including blood work to determine my clotting factor and if I might be predisposed to getting clots and predict if it could happen again or if this is only because of the surgery. Also to determine how long I might need to be on the blood thinners (with the possibility of having to be on them the rest of my life). Also, another ultrasound.

2) However, she decided she wanted to know right now and ordered an ultrasound to see if the blood clots are still there, if any have dissolved, if more are there and so on. She wants a comparison from the last one to see where we are at and said either she will do another in a few months or the hematologist will have one done. 

3) She was very concerned about the pain. She said she understands that a concern with dependency is always a factor but stated that I have been through so much and it wasn't like I just had surgery and have been recovering nicely. There's a lot of factors that have prohibited an easy recovery and she wanted to prescribe me meds. She ask what all I have taken lately, the last time I had any pain meds and what they were and asks if I was willing to do a urine drop. Of course I would...and did right then and there. I did inform her the last time I took any pain meds (either Vicodin or percocet) and I told her it had been about 1 1/2 weeks when he told me to only take the gabapentin and acetaminophen. She ask what else within the last 30 days...😮 Um well, surgery 2 weeks ago a whole sh*t ton that I can't even begin to answer but I do know fentanyl and dilaudid was over and over during recovery. Everything must have showed up ok because she prescribed me meds for 30 days and 60 pills. She had me sign multiple forms stating that she would be monitoring me on the meds and I have to return every 30 days for refills over the next 90 days and the normal "I won't sell them" "I won't take more than prescribed" "I won't stop taking them until told" kinda stuff. She's gonna be a lifesaver. However, I'm a little concerned with the "take as prescribed" part because I only take pain meds when I HAVE to and can't take the pain. I will also have to drop urine each time I visit. But, she said "How can you be expected to walk now when you are in so much pain and if you take some pain meds, it might help you feel less discomfort and be able to help you walk and recover".  Now I'm just wondering what my ortho will say about it because he's obviously dead set against giving me anything.

4) She personally can't believe the ortho doctor wants me to walk on this and this soon...especially with all the complications. Her personal opinion is to "take it easy" and "rest" and she wouldn't advise walking on it but only I know my comfort level.

5) She ask if it was ok to do an EKG on me since I have a history of PVC's, MVP, and she hasn't personally done one on me in about 7 years (which that one resulted in a trip to the ER, assigned a cardiologist and they wanted to admit me). So, I agreed and of course she didn't like what was on there. She said there was significant changes since the last time she did one and the results showed that I had either a) a blood clot on the heart b) was having a heart attack or c) there's a blockage in my heart and the EKG read Anterior Infarct. 😳 I was panicked of course and she said she wanted me to go directly to the ER despite that I was feeling fine and "normal" for me. A little fatigued throughout this process with with foot/leg and I tire very easy, but normal for me since I've been on blood thinners. Oh...also my blood pressure was 97/57....which is super low for me. I'm usually always normal.

6) She also confirmed that being cold IS a side effect of blood thinners.

So off to the ER I went. I ended up with another one of my favorite doctors I used to work with and he was amazing and of course remembered me. He took a lot of time with me and checked in constantly. (Funny thing is, I never even saw the nurse assigned to me...at all!).

He did an EKG and compared it to the EKG that was ran on me prior to my surgery by the cardiologist. He said they were the same. He also looked at an EKG that he said was done several years ago and it was about the same? I don't remember ever doing one but...      So, he concluded that everything was fine and no other test needed to be done relating to the heart unless I felt it was necessary or anything changed and since I wasn't feeling any different and no chest pain. So I agreed. He also said he had been reading EKG's for 35 years and with the approval of the cardiologist prior to my surgery, he felt confident that I was ok. (My hearts not normal and my ST wave is not what it should be not to mention the PVC's, but I'm ok for now).

I did tell him about the ultrasound my PCP had gave me a script for and he said "Well, let's do that now then!" OK....

GOOD NEWS.........2 of the clots are GONE! I have one clot remaining in my posterior tibial and even that has decreased in size! I was so excited!!! I was never so excited to watch that screen and see the blood flowing and when the tech pushed down on the areas, it actually went down and squeezed the vein together indicating no clot. I was sad to see the remaining clot not move during the ultrasound but you could tell it wasn't as big as before and the hubby also said the same thing, which was confirmed by the tech. I have had reduced swelling over the last week and only swell when I'm up with my leg down for awhile and usually at night before bed. So that explains that.

I also ask...IS IT OK FOR ME TO TRAVEL?????? (Especially come December 😉) He said YES! As long as it wasn't a long flight. I get up and move around and/or move my legs a lot during the flight, and don't develop any more clots from now until then. He said he didn't see any problems with it. So, I might be planning that cruise after all. Now I just gotta talk my ortho doctor into maybe postponing that next surgery until after the holidays?

So there's my update. Thanks so much for everyone and their concerns and continued prayers. I really appreciate it.

Edited by mitsugirly
  • Like 21

I needed to wash the love bugs off my car (usually get them in Florida but this time they loved in South Carolina). I had the hose pretty well out of danger until the landscape company arrived.  To prevent the hose being shredded I moved it.

Two steps later I stumbled over that one inch high piece of rubber.  Your injuries immediately flashed through my mind.  I then made sure the hose was moved and never once did I attemptto walk over it.

By the way, you mentioned not drinking water.  I’m not a fan of water - but know it’s needed by the body.  I found if I put a glass on the table near where I settle, the water level in the glass drops.  The more days that go by, the more water I end up drinking.

Best wishes for your recovery and will be interested in the tattoo you come up with to cover the scars.  Just looking at the variety of scar tattoos should keep you busy for a month or two.  Think fish, dolphins, whales, starfish or even an octopus.

get well soon.

Edited by happicruzer

Wow Kim what a sea-saw day for you! Happy that it seems to have come out better in the end, and great news on the blood clots. Hopefully that means you won't have to be on the blood thinners too long. Have fun planning your next vacation; it will definitely give you a great goal to focus your PT on!