Door decorations

surrocruiser

22 minutes ago, FredT said:

They even permitted on your cruise line?   I ask as I JUST saw a thread somewhere here about NCL (Or was it Carnival) that had banned ALL outside door decorations.  

It is NCL. Here is a news report from three days ago. https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-line-bans-stateroom-door-decorations/

Edited by SantaFeFan

DW spent over thirty years as an elementary school teacher.  When she retired she told me that she had decorated her last door and wore her last lanyard (which used to have a whistle).  🙂

Hank

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, SantaFeFan said:

It is NCL. Here is a news report from three days ago. https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-line-bans-stateroom-door-decorations/

While safety might be a concern, I suspect NCL also wants to discourage anything which adds work to their already over-burdened stewards.  Cleaning up a lot of decorated doors - especially if adhesives are used can be a serious matter to the line.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, navybankerteacher said:

While safety might be a concern, I suspect NCL also wants to discourage anything which adds work to their already over-burdened stewards.  Cleaning up a lot of decorated doors - especially if adhesives are used can be a serious matter to the line.

I'm rather a fool for Christmas decorations and had considered bringing magnets that I could do something with.  But decided I don't want to cause more work for the stewards.  I'll just wait and have my Valentine's tree 🙂

50182973_2004685786274570_3255244421892931584_o.jpg

Here's the digital proof for the door sign we ordered on Etsy. You can customize everything in this shop, from what the people look like to what they wear to what they are holding onto to what it says. I've used her several times. 🙂

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kskelley40 said:

This was ours on our last cruise

1627983658_breakawaygiveaway.thumb.jpg.5beb8d36231d8c05c98593202c0eac45.jpg

I'll have to see if I have a photo of the door.  This was the proof the company I ordered from sent me

Last time you'll be able to do that on NCL since they have now banned door decorations.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2019 at 4:06 PM, surrocruiser said:

I am considering doing some type of door decorations this trip. Please post pics so I can see yours!

Make sure that your line allows it, more and more they are saying no door decorations

19 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Make sure that your line allows it, more and more they are saying no door decorations

I can see such a ban as I have seen some door decorations are overdone to the extent that they almost stick out into the corridor. We use three refrigerator magnets, two that represent our home state of New Jersey and one promoting the Philadelphia Phillies. I wanted a Philadelphia Eagles magnet but I accidentally married a Dallas Cowboys fan.

On 8/15/2019 at 9:47 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Another method would be to implement a hefty cleaning fee, say $500, for passengers who festtoon their cabin doors with decorations.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...