Has "The Quest" run its course?

I've been to quest and even participated on a winning team.  Just a cheat fest if you ask me, and a total waste of my time...so for me, not an issue....but whatever floats your boat.  There are others things I'd rather be doing than making a fool out of myself.

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

I've been to quest and even participated on a winning team.  Just a cheat fest if you ask me, and a total waste of my time...so for me, not an issue....but whatever floats your boat.  There are others things I'd rather be doing than making a fool out of myself.

Yeah like the marriage show and trivia. 🙄

6 hours ago, cementhands said:

The Quest is the Best.

You never know what a person will do.

My wife got a grandma to rip off her bra in 2 seconds.

Old guy gave his set of teeth.

Real thong not a flip flop.

Older guys pants in seconds.

We’ve enjoyed many quests and even on NCL. Many first time cruisers are fun to watch. It’s a tradition that I hope continues.

Get rid of silent disco that cost nothing and is a cheap way for cruise lines to say they are providing a party.

From 25 years ago the midnight buffet and deck parties are all gone. Steel drum bands by the pool are mostly a distant memory.  Cruise lines continue to reduce cost and charge extra fees for many things.

So true.  I do wish they would bring back deck parties and midnight buffets.  If nothing else, Steel Drum by the pool makes everything feel festive.   I have never done silent disco. It seems ridiculous. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

So true.  I do wish they would bring back deck parties and midnight buffets.  If nothing else, Steel Drum by the pool makes everything feel festive.   I have never done silent disco. It seems ridiculous. 

Hmm, Grandeur has steel drum band by the pool on sea days.  Pretty much all day.

10 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

I have never done silent disco. It seems ridiculous. 

Just curious, what seems so ridiculous about it?  

I've always enjoyed it and wish they did it more often.  For people in the lounge trying to converse, it's much easier to hear each other without the music blaring.  And for the people on the dance floor, if you don't like a particular song, you can change channels and switch to a different song.

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Just curious, what seems so ridiculous about it?  

I've always enjoyed it and wish they did it more often.  For people in the lounge trying to converse, it's much easier to hear each other without the music blaring.  And for the people on the dance floor, if you don't like a particular song, you can change channels and switch to a different song.

I just thought it seemed weird to be in a place where people were all dancing and you had no idea what they were dancing too, especially if everyone there is dancing to a different song.    Then again, I am crazy uncoordinated and look like an idiot dancing no matter what (okay I look like an idiot all the time, probably). 

I can see your point about being easier to hear others without music blaring, but then again why would one go to a venue where music was blaring if they wanted to converse anyhow?   That is always something that makes me wonder when people say "We were sitting in the club trying to have a conversation and the music was so loud I couldn't hear myself think."  I wonder "Well, if conversation was the goal of the evening, why were you in a dance club?"   It's just not the most effective place to try to converse. 

1 hour ago, legaljen1969 said:

I just thought it seemed weird to be in a place where people were all dancing and you had no idea what they were dancing too, especially if everyone there is dancing to a different song.    Then again, I am crazy uncoordinated and look like an idiot dancing no matter what (okay I look like an idiot all the time, probably). 

I guess it depends if you dance for the pleasure of other people, or if you dance for your own pleasure.  I don't give a rodent's derriere if other people think I look funny, I'm dancing because I enjoy it.

1 hour ago, legaljen1969 said:

I can see your point about being easier to hear others without music blaring, but then again why would one go to a venue where music was blaring if they wanted to converse anyhow?   That is always something that makes me wonder when people say "We were sitting in the club trying to have a conversation and the music was so loud I couldn't hear myself think."  I wonder "Well, if conversation was the goal of the evening, why were you in a dance club?"   It's just not the most effective place to try to converse. 

I like to hang out with other people AND listen to music AND dance.  I'm also too old and too fat to dance continuously like I did in my younger days, so I have to go sit down and cool off at the table and get a drink from time to time.  When I am sitting at the table, it's nice to hear and be heard.  Same for ordering drinks from the bar staff.  

If I want to have a big long conversation with someone about something serious, I wouldn't go to a nightclub for that conversation, but if I'm hanging out with friends, I don't want to have to just stare at each other all evening long without ever talking.

2 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

I just thought it seemed weird to be in a place where people were all dancing... 

What's funny are those that are dancing and singing along and have no idea how loud they are singing and can't carry a tune in a bucket. 😀 But they are having fun just like those of us that enjoy QUEST. This QUEST is not over! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

That's the best part. As I also have zero dance rhythm, no one can tell how awful my dance moves are since they don't know what song I'm dancing (i.e. flailing about) too.  😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, biomedbob said:

Too many times in the DL the background noise (music) is cranked up so that conversation is difficult.  I've usually been able to find the audio sound panel and correct it.  103 cruises and only been caught twice!

BFD. 

Im so happy to see groups prepared for the game, it means they are ready to make it more entertaining, they are never alone some bring with then more friends and spent the whole week advertising The Quest .

Also ships and itinerary will play a role, Symphony on the month of Febrary will have less generations Y and Z, we have school and the weather is not the best. Now a weekend cruise during the summer or spring break The Quest is going to be at capacity.