New Grounds Coffee Package - Clarification

We_like_to_cruise

Good morning,

Have been searching the boards but can't seem to find a definitive answer.

This question only has to do with the availability of freshly brewed coffee, which I understand is unlimited with the package.

Can that coffee be obtained at the MDR and buffet if you have the package, or is it only available at the IC?

Thank you.

Andy

41 minutes ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

Good morning,

This question only has to do with the availability of freshly brewed coffee, which I understand is unlimited with the package.

Can that coffee be obtained at the MDR and buffet if you have the package, or is it only available at the IC?

Thank you.

Andy

But, the buffet is not brewed coffee. It’s made from a syrup. I rarely have coffee with dinner, so I’m not sure about the coffee in the main dining room.

33 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

But, the buffet is not brewed coffee. It’s made from a syrup. I rarely have coffee with dinner, so I’m not sure about the coffee in the main dining room.

Depends on the ship.  Some have the IC style coffee available in the buffet area.  This may not be a complete list, but Coral, Island, and Royal Class all have it there - but not free.

Edited by steelers36

1 hour ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

Good morning,

Thank you.

Andy

I think we need to know what ship you're on to give a good answer. On Royal class ships, all coffee is brewed and none is made from syrup.

On most of the Grand class and earlier ships, just about all coffee other than at the IC is made from concentrate. So the only fresh brewed coffee on those is at the IC.

Jim

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jasbo49 said:

I think we need to know what ship you're on to give a good answer. On Royal class ships, all coffee is brewed and none is made from syrup.

On most of the Grand class and earlier ships, just about all coffee other than at the IC is made from concentrate. So the only fresh brewed coffee on those is at the IC.

Jim

I am specifically wondering about the Sapphire Princess and the Crown Princess.

It seems unwieldy if I want brewed (not syrup) coffee that is available with the package that I would have to go to the IC, wait on line, get my coffee and then head over to the buffet or MDR for breakfast.  That is what I am trying to ascertain.

Thank you.

The answer is yes....but:

If you order brewed or specialty coffee from the MDR or Buffet, the jr. waiters usually have to make a run to the nearest coffee "shop".  They will either punch your card (oops...dated) or charge your room/package.  I've had specialty coffees while in the MDR, Buffet, the Crown Grill, Sabatini's, and Crooners.  

Unless something has changed recently, the Crown has concentrate coffee for both the buffet and the MDR. There is a Coffee and Cones on the Lido deck, but my recollection is that they only serve espresso-based drinks.

So if I were going to the buffet and wanted non-syrup coffee, I'd just go to the Coffee and Cones and spend a "punch" on an Americano. Going to the MDR, I suppose going to the IC would be the easiest way to grab a quality coffee before breakfast.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

2 hours ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

Good morning,

Thank you.

Andy

maybe someone can/will post a 'coffee menu' that you are given in the mdr after your meal to have with dessert ?

13 hours ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

It seems unwieldy if I want brewed (not syrup) coffee that is available with the package that I would have to go to the IC, wait on line, get my coffee and then head over to the buffet or MDR for breakfast.  That is what I am trying to ascertain.

Thank you.

If you have the Coffee Card Package, you can get a specialty coffee in the MDR with a "punch" of your card...DH get coffee in the dining room and thinks it tastes fine.

23 hours ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

Thank you.

That's what we do.  Go to the IC, get coffee and go up to the dining room.  And we sometimes grab a roll too 🙂  Not a big deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the coffee served in Regal's Horizon Court fresh brewed?  Is it available between 3:30PM & 5:30PM?  My SIL drinks a lot of regular coffee and I am wondering if I should be suggesting the New Grounds Coffee Package to her.  She really doesn't drink specialty coffees just a lot of black brewed coffee and I would only be suggesting the package to her for the availability unlimited fresh brewed coffee.  Also, is the room service coffee fresh brewed on Regal?

Edited by Daniel A

9 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Is the coffee served in Regal's Horizon Court fresh brewed?  Is it available between 3:30PM & 5:30PM?  My SIL drinks a lot of regular coffee and I am wondering if I should be suggesting the New Grounds Coffee Package to her.  She really doesn't drink specialty coffees just a lot of black brewed coffee and I would only be suggesting the package to her for the availability unlimited ground coffee.  Also, is the room service coffee fresh brewed on Regal?

The Regal's buffet coffee is self or waiter served, available from 5am until around 11pm. It may be even available overnight. It is prepared from grounds in a large coffee machine.To me it's fairly good.

I think room service has the same coffee as the buffet.

Fresh brewed coffee at the International Cafe is $2.07 for a large take away cup. Price includes the 18% gratuity.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, skynight said:

The Regal's buffet coffee is self or waiter served, available from 5am until around 11pm. It may be even available overnight. It is prepared from grounds in a large coffee machine.To me it's fairly good.

I think room service has the same coffee as the buffet.

Fresh brewed coffee at the International Cafe is $2.07 for a large take away cup. Price includes the 18% gratuity.

Do you know if the regular brewed coffee in the IC is as good as the coffee in the buffet?

25 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Is the coffee served in Regal's Horizon Court fresh brewed? YES  Is it available between 3:30PM & 5:30PM?  YES - ALL day long. My SIL drinks a lot of regular coffee and I am wondering if I should be suggesting the New Grounds Coffee Package to her.  She really doesn't drink specialty coffees just a lot of black brewed coffee and I would only be suggesting the package to her for the availability unlimited fresh brewed coffee.  Also, is the room service coffee fresh brewed on Regal? YES

If she wants the fresh brewed coffee at the IC she'll need to purchase the coffee package or have some person who has it get the coffee for her. 

1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

Do you know if the regular brewed coffee in the IC is as good as the coffee in the buffet?

It tastes the same to me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Just try it. It's available when you board. If you don't like it then go with the coffee package, one of the other beverage packages or just purchase cup by cup. These packages are for sale on boarding day.

The buffet does not have take away cups. If you want to walk around with large cups filled with buffet coffee you will have to bring your own.  

27 minutes ago, skynight said:

Just try it. It's available when you board. If you don't like it then go with the coffee package, one of the other beverage packages or just purchase cup by cup. These packages are for sale on boarding day.

Thank you for all the help.  The reason I was asking now instead of waiting until we are on board is because my personalizer is showing the New Grounds Coffee Package is 20% off if purchased beforehand.  Just looking to save SIL a little cash that she can instead throw away in the slot machine...  :classic_wink:

You can probably get it in the main dining room if you ask. The problem is that they may have a machine in the kitchen or may have to get it somewhere else. I ordered a specialty coffee in the MDR once and by the time I received it everyone else had finished their coffee.