2 hours ago, joe/jack said:

Wonder if it will be open

in two weeks 

I would expect it will not 

400 employees may not

be able to return that soon 

from this disaster 

we shall see 🛳

You'd be surprised. Been to many Islands effected over the yrs. They will be there, need the money and glad we can support them..

1 hour ago, itsmeagain said:

I see a non-revenue cruise in the future, Royal has an interest in Freeport with the dock  yard, and the would save money by cancelling the Harmony totally vice doing a 3 day cruise between the FCC and onboard credit.  Send harmony and supplies to Bahamas and save, look good to the public, and help people.  

Many times in past Royal ships drop off Relief Supplies and still carry regular passengers. Easily done

9 hours ago, eaflorida said:

What the heck does any of this have to do with gun violence? We are talking about the Hurricane, not politics. 

It doesn’t. A brief history search on his posts shows me that he’s deeply concerned in a political nature of the National origins of posters. He’s not worthy and man I hope I never ever cruise with people like him. 

Everything is relative to everything.  Circumstances circumstances circumstances!!!! 

In disasters everything is circumstantial . 

Do not expect anything normal !! 

Disasters are peoples lives . 

Every situation is different. 

Patience patience patience. 

Edited by ssb

15 minutes ago, SilentChill said:

No mention of a refund for days missed like the first email ??  I will be nearly a $1000 out of pocket for spending 4 days in Orlando.

Would assume they forgot the OBC part for taking the shorter cruise and it's still being offered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, renza said:

I live in west palm beach. All I can say is thank god we dodged a storm again. We are on the weaker side of storm in Florida. We have had a few rain bands go through but nothing. All of Florida will be spared. 

Sitting in a hotel room by Port Everglades waiting on the Allure.  Just a few rain bands today and a couple wind gusts.  Boarding the Allure on Wednesday is looking very good now.

6 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Sitting in a hotel room by Port Everglades waiting on the Allure.  Just a few rain bands today and a couple wind gusts.  Boarding the Allure on Wednesday is looking very good now.

Yes it was completely spared down there. A few showers tomorrow and will be great Wednesday 

Just received notification that our shortened 9/4 Symphony cruise will not be sailing to Coco Cay this Friday. The email says that they hope to reopen Coco Cay on Saturday 9/7. Royal Caribbean is offering us an additional days' worth of future cruise credit to compensate for the loss of our "perfect day," which I think is more than fair. 

IMG_2219.thumb.JPG.5a2688d4cdbce1fdb0b08264e754b37b.JPG

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

CocaCay Surived!

“VERY pleased to report that #Coco didn’t #Gogo away!! New pics are 1) Waterslides and 2) where the Balloon is located (it’s deflated and under weights in the center 3) Radar comparison of the eye and CocoCay location. Waaay to close. I’m just sick over Grand Bahama though! pic.twitter.com/F6nKpXZTuk

— James Van Fleet (@JamesVanFleet) September 2, 2019

Great news! Bill Withers would be happy to know this!

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

OMG that is horrifying to watch. How he remains so calm in his narration is unbelievable.

At some point realization sets in right?  You made your decision, there is no going back from it, and you resign yourself to either you live or you don't and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it.  I know I wouldn't trust my house enough to stay in it.

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes you are right I do not see it on his twitter feed. I think all he was trying to do is give out some updated information on that area. I did not think he was being insensitive.

You'd think he would have learned his lesson about tweeting during the Oasis crane crash. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Received tonight. 

Dear Mariner Guest,

We have some unfortunate news to share. With Hurricane Dorian’s increased strength, current projections, and the need for Port Authorities to assess when they’ll reopen, there’s a high possibility that the ship’s arrival into Port Canaveral will be further delayed. Your vacation time is very important to us and we don’t want to take any chances, so we have no choice but to cancel our September 4th sailing.

If you’re still interested in sailing with us, we do have an awesome option for you! Harmony of the Seas is sailing on September 5th, and we’d be more than happy if you’d join us onboard this cruise instead. The itinerary is outlined below. We can move you and you won’t have to pay anything extra! Yeah, that’s right, we said the swap is for free! Harmony’s September 5th itinerary is below.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Thu

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

3:00 PM

Fri

Nassau, Bahamas

10:00 AM

9:00 PM

Sat

Cruising

Sun

6:00 AM

While we hope you choose to rebook the September 5th Harmony of the Seas cruise, if you decide not to sail, we’ll provide you with a full refund of your Mariner of the Seas cruise to the original form of payment. This includes any non-refundable deposits, shore excursions, packages, or any pre-purchased items. We’re also currently working with some of our airline partners, as some have agreed to waive change fees for our guests due to this special circumstance. Please contact your airline service provider for additional details.

And regardless, as previously promised, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit in the value of 2 days of the total cruise fare paid, in hopes you’ll join us on another cruise in the future. This amount will be based on the cruise fare portion, non-inclusive of taxes and fees. You can expect to receive your certificate by Friday, September 6th, 2019.

Click here to select to rebook on Harmony or cancel your cruise!  You can also reach us at 1-800-529-6918 to let us know what you decided, but due to the storm and multiple itinerary changes, wait times are a little longer than normal.

We are truly sorry for the storm’s impact on your vacation. We appreciate your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this unexpected circumstance. We hope to welcome you onboard soon.

Sincerely,

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Received tonight. 

Dear Mariner Guest,

We have some unfortunate news to share. With Hurricane Dorian’s increased strength, current projections, and the need for Port Authorities to assess when they’ll reopen, there’s a high possibility that the ship’s arrival into Port Canaveral will be further delayed. Your vacation time is very important to us and we don’t want to take any chances, so we have no choice but to cancel our September 4th sailing.

If you’re still interested in sailing with us, we do have an awesome option for you! Harmony of the Seas is sailing on September 5th, and we’d be more than happy if you’d join us onboard this cruise instead. The itinerary is outlined below. We can move you and you won’t have to pay anything extra! Yeah, that’s right, we said the swap is for free! Harmony’s September 5th itinerary is below.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Thu

3:00 PM

Fri

Nassau, Bahamas

10:00 AM

9:00 PM

Sat

Cruising

Sun

6:00 AM

While we hope you choose to rebook the September 5th Harmony of the Seas cruise, if you decide not to sail, we’ll provide you with a full refund of your Mariner of the Seas cruise to the original form of payment. This includes any non-refundable deposits, shore excursions, packages, or any pre-purchased items. We’re also currently working with some of our airline partners, as some have agreed to waive change fees for our guests due to this special circumstance. Please contact your airline service provider for additional details.

And regardless, as previously promised, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit in the value of 2 days of the total cruise fare paid, in hopes you’ll join us on another cruise in the future. This amount will be based on the cruise fare portion, non-inclusive of taxes and fees. You can expect to receive your certificate by Friday, September 6th, 2019.

Click here to select to rebook on Harmony or cancel your cruise!  You can also reach us at 1-800-529-6918 to let us know what you decided, but due to the storm and multiple itinerary changes, wait times are a little longer than normal.

We are truly sorry for the storm’s impact on your vacation. We appreciate your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this unexpected circumstance. We hope to welcome you onboard soon.

Sincerely,

I'll see you onboard Harmony !! That's not a bad deal