Hurricane Dorian talk

This is exactly what I was thinking the last few days. There were a bunch of brainiacs that were saying on this boards that it would be demolished. However, for days it has been clear that it would be on the south side of the storm, at a pretty good distance. 

I am sure there is a plan in place to ensure the safety of all equipment before reopening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

This is exactly what I was thinking the last few days. There were a bunch of brainiacs that were saying on this boards that it would be demolished. However, for days it has been clear that it would be on the south side of the storm, at a pretty good distance. 

I am sure there is a plan in place to ensure the safety of all equipment before reopening. 

This.  Can we believe this report?  We were told Coco Cay was to be destroyed.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, islandwannabee said:

On allure now and received this on our door. 

76977665-4BB0-4DB7-8884-F3B86DDFA931.jpeg

I’ve not received any such document on Majesty.  Ship was originally expected to return to Port Everglades today but itinerary revised to return on Wednesday, September 4.

Edited by logan25

2 minutes ago, Glide_Path said:

Interesting... Van Fleet twitt got deleted?

Yes you are right I do not see it on his twitter feed. I think all he was trying to do is give out some updated information on that area. I did not think he was being insensitive.

4 minutes ago, itsmeagain said:

Just heard in local news that MCO (Orlando airport) is closing in 9 hours so that would be around 4 in the morning.

Yep, on their twitter feed Orlando International Airport (MCO) will close at 2am on Tuesday, September 3rd. So tonight's flights will be the last ones out.

I think when CocoCay reopens will have more to do with the employees than any physical damage to the island.  Employees from the islands south of CocoCay would have received minimal damage to their houses while employees to the north may not have a house remaining.   I hope people remember this if their visit to CocoCay is cancelled.

I can also see the island reopening in stages, with the water park being the last to open, this would allow for a staggered return of employees

• Like 1

I see a non-revenue cruise in the future, Royal has an interest in Freeport with the dock  yard, and the would save money by cancelling the Harmony totally vice doing a 3 day cruise between the FCC and onboard credit.  Send harmony and supplies to Bahamas and save, look good to the public, and help people.  

• Like 1

Marine traffic reporting Mariner eta Port Canaveral as 5 Sept at 13:45 UTC.

So, I really wonder when RCCL is going to tell the people what is going on.  I understand the reasoning for the delays and such, but them not telling customers that are planning on trying to catch planes or drive to the port for Wednesday is wrong unless they really think the port is going to open.  

They were here given credit for being on top of the storm and letting people know at the start, now they need to do the same thing.

39 minutes ago, itsmeagain said:

Marine traffic reporting Mariner eta Port Canaveral as 5 Sept at 13:45 UTC.

So, I really wonder when RCCL is going to tell the people what is going on.  I understand the reasoning for the delays and such, but them not telling customers that are planning on trying to catch planes or drive to the port for Wednesday is wrong unless they really think the port is going to open.  

They were here given credit for being on top of the storm and letting people know at the start, now they need to do the same thing.

Maybe they haven't told the folks on board yet, so they're waiting until they do that to update their website? Says next update 8pm.  The marine traffic reports are quite telling.  Navigator, Allure, and Majesty still match up to get back to Port Everglades and Miami on their rescheduled dates with what shows on marine traffic.  Next weather update is 8pm as well.

Just noticed FAA has MCO estimated to be closed until 5pm on Thursday.

Edited by AshleyDillo

Yep, I see their plan B going into affect, drop people off at Ft Lauderdale or Miami on Wednesday. (Most likely Ft Lauderdale based on allure).  Loading supplies and Harmony sailing off into the Sun for the Bahamas.  Just wish they would get the word out, had a friend that was getting ready to start driving south on 95 when he heard the airline was closing and he still thought the cruise would go on Wednesday.  Told him to wait until 8 but not to start loading his car. 😂😂

11 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

We’re on the Symphony heading back to Miami from Costa Maya. Interestingly that Mariner left an hour before us but is lagging behind even though they have farther to travel. Trying to figure out where they’re going Wednesday?

738ACF28-069B-495A-B5AD-65533E6A5968.jpeg

She has an extra day to get home