Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo can you hear me?

verizon

Since I sent an email to CelebrityOneTouch@Celebrity.com two days ago with no response may be I better post here.

This is the worst cruise that I been on.
To be honest I wish I am not on this cruise.
I am a solo cruiser,I have been dining in Luminae so many times and never experienced a dining room that was so noisy.
If you can’t hear people talking from table of 5 feet away and you can hear clearly every single worlds from table 20 feet’s away to me that is consider loud.
It used to be a quiet and cozy dining but the host and hostess turned the place like a fish market.The host started to arranging that specific few customers to make up a bigger dining group initially from 5 tables for two to become a 1 big table of 10 on the third night of the cruise.
At some times that group of TEN talked and laughed so laud that everyone in the room can hear and it created such a discomfort  and displeasure to the less of the others diners.
It totally lost the feel of FINE DINING of Luminae.
On the second night the wait staffs and the sommelier have to take care that group and spent so much time on them and totally under served the other customers
If that is the way Celebrity only interest to make the ten customers happy and ignored the less then perhaps I may need to look else where.
Another thing I was unhappy was the invitation of the senior officers night at Michael Club.
The concierge was only interested to greet a few who may be in the HIGHER END SUITES and totally ignored me being in the room.I felt so discomfort and uninvited so I left the place in a short while.
Celebrity is time to wake up.I don’t see any MODERN LUXURY in this cruise line.
I brought this up is because I care about Celebrity,Celebrity is my only choice of cruising.
I don’t like to see Celebrity to go down hill so fast and open the doors to other competitors.
I am currently on the Celebrity Solstice 18 nights Tahitian Treasures cruise 2019 September Sailing if you decided to talk to me you know where to find me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, verizon said:

Since I sent an email to CelebrityOneTouch@Celebrity.com two days ago with no response may be I better post here.

I am a solo cruiser,I have been dining in Luminae so many times and never experienced a dining room that was so noisy.
If you can’t hear people talking from table of 5 feet away and you can hear clearly every single worlds from table 20 feet’s away to me that is consider loud.
It used to be a quiet and cozy dining but the host and hostess turned the place like a fish market.The host started to arranging that specific few customers to make up a bigger dining group initially from 5 tables for two to become a 1 big table of 10 on the third night of the cruise.
At some times that group of TEN talked and laughed so laud that everyone in the room can hear and it created such a discomfort  and displeasure to the less of the others diners.
On the second night the wait staffs and the sommelier have to take care that group and spent so much time on them and totally under served the other customers
If that is the way Celebrity only interest to make the ten customers happy and ignored the less then perhaps I may need to look else where.
Another thing I was unhappy was the invitation of the senior officers night at Michael Club.
The concierge was only interested to greet a few who may be in the HIGHER END SUITES and totally ignored me being in the room.I felt so discomfort and uninvited so I left the place in a short while.
I brought this up is because I care about Celebrity,Celebrity is my only choice of cruising.
I don’t like to see Celebrity to go down hill so fast and open the doors to other competitors.
I am currently on the Celebrity Solstice 18 nights Tahitian Treasures cruise 2019 September Sailing if you decided to talk to me you know where to find me.

No, she cannot hear you.  But if Luminae is not to your liking, go to MDR.   Not sure what you wanted the host to do for that party of 10.  Tell them they cannot sit together?  Also, did you approach the concierge in the club to say hello and start the interaction? 

So little of your cruising time is spent in Luminae and Michael's, why let it spoil the balance of time?  Relax - enjoy.

• Like 1

I was on the cruise prior and had excellent interaction with Kartini and Sam (Luminae hostess and manager) have you spoken to them? I think you have a better chance of having something done by expressing your concerns to them vs emailing Miami!

Can they move the large party to the back area or the wall along the front entrance. Or, move you? 

If you can’t have a quiet enjoyable meal, ask them to arrange for you to dine in Blu. As a solo traveler, they should be able to accommodate you.

I hope you can get some resolution, keep us posted.

Edited by lovecruzin

My question to the OP would be, have you varied your dining time(s), that is if it is convenient for you, to figure out how to avoid such issues in L?

My previous experiences in L have been quiet and low-keyed with the occasional 'gregarious' group, but nothing that would get me on a soap box, to say the least...  rather that be a table of four (4) or eight (8)...

Yet, I do understand your concern and trust you will speak with the Hostess to figure out a good solution for a quiet dining experience for you and possibly others.

Bon appetite and bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, verizon said:

Obviously you haven't experienced this on your other Celebrity cruises. Why not speak to the Head Waiter or Maitre D and request another table. We always eat in the MDR, SD, table for two and have never had a problem talking with each other or others next to us. I've also heard the Oceanview Cafe  in the evening is quiet. No experience with that option and nothing we would consider. 

Edited by davekathy

A large group who a really social with each other in a small place is a recipe for a noisy dinner. Sometimes it just takes a word from a Maitre 'd to reduce the noise. Sometimes it requires you to adjust your schedule to avoid the situation. I was once in Blu when a large group was so loud and drunk that after the Hostess, Maitre 'd and F&B Manager talked to them without results they were asked to leave. Most passengers are considerate; however there are a few rotten apples in every bunch. Unfortunately, Celebrity, at least to me, appears to be attracting more of the rotten apples than previously. I see this in the MDR, Blu, Theater and Celebrity Central. Try enjoying a movie when a pair of rotten apples are talking in an outside voice right behind you. I really feel your pain.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm sorry to hear that dining in Luminae isn't up to your expectations. As others have suggested, you should try arrange for alternate seating arrangements.

While we would all like to have immediate responses when we raise issues, I don't think that a two-day turn around is a reasonable expectation. Additionally, as you are aboard, it would be preferable for you to address your concerns to the appropriate personnel there.

• Like 1

The OP paid a fair sum to dine in Luminae. It is possible that their decision to book a Suite was based on past Luminae experience. Why should the OP need to dine in Blu, or the MDR, or the Oceanview Cafe? It's up to management to work it out. I would offer them the option of dining in Specialty restaurants if nothing could be worked out. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Orator said:

The OP paid a fair sum to dine in Luminae. It is possible that their decision to book a Suite was based on past Luminae experience. Why should the OP need to dine in Blu, or the MDR, or the Oceanview Cafe? It's up to management to work it out. I would offer them the option of dining in Specialty restaurants if nothing could be worked out. 

Yes, it's up to management to work it out, but OP needs to address it with the management on board.  OP has not made it clear if that has been done yet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Orator said:

Shouldn't have to. I didn't see where the OP expressed or implied they spoke with the Head Waiter or the Maitre D with their concerns. We would have before posting on CC. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Orator said:

The OP paid a fair sum to dine in Luminae. It is possible that their decision to book a Suite was based on past Luminae experience. Why should the OP need to dine in Blu, or the MDR, or the Oceanview Cafe? It's up to management to work it out.

Agree...As long as the management are aware there is a problem. At the very least they can always manage to put the OP as far away as possible from the large group. OP is the M’D aware of how unhappy and disappointed you are?

OP, if you don’t feel the M’D is being proactive see the concierge and ask to speak to the suite manager and voice both your concerns both re Luminae and at the same time express the fact you are not feeling ‘included’ in events...If management don’t know your feelings they can not respond.

Often there are solo events during the course of the cruise ship wide, I am sure the concierge would be very happy to find out for you...Have you looked at accessing events like the chef’s table? It can be a great way to mix...

We did the TP cruise a few years ago and it was fantastic, please express your feelings to staff on board and let them do their job and look after you.

Please let us know how you get on...

• Like 2

I met the Maitre D last night at the elevator and told him about the problem . He told me he will follow up with this issue.

The  hostess and the restaurant manager knew how I felt and moved me away from them the next night but the noise was so unbearable that all the customers could feel the same thing.

They  just thought they are the only diners in The whole restaurant.

Edited by verizon

Thing is... this is your holiday.  But it is also theirs.  Yes there needs to be a balance - but what are you asking the staff in Luminae to do?  Tell them they can't dine there..?  Scuttle up every time they laugh and say "Shh.."?

These things happen.  You can't control the fact there is a large group in suites in your ship.What you can control is your reaction to that. 

You don't like it. OK. You have made that clear and staff are working with you to address that .  As others have said there are two sides to  Luminae and my experience over a number of years and an even larger number of cruises is that sound does not really travel from one side to another.   Work with the ship to find a solution - don't post on CC in those terms (No one will pay attention anyway..)

You felt the Michael's club concierge only paid attention to higher end suites.  OK.  Put that on a feedback form.  But do you actually know they are in fact high end suite guests?  Or were they just interacting and more pleasant to be with?  Personally I absolutely hate that senior officers night thing.  The very few times I have been persuaded to go no one came near me because - quite frankly - I was in a grump and not good company.  I certainly don't blame them - I blame myself for not having the strength of will to say no, or at least when I went to behave with more grace.  (And we are always in a higher end suite).

You can't control others. (Ship or passengers). You can control you.  You have spent  a lot of money on this trip.  Don't ruin it with thinking that bad tempered posts on social media will make a difference.  Focus on a positive outlook and finding things you can enjoy.  Our last run ( and I won't detail it as I absolutely do not blame anyone) there were several families with kids in Luminae.  Personally I really don't like toddlers running around dinner.  And I certainly don't like screaming ones.  But they have paid to be there just as I have.  The fact I don't like it is my problem.  Not theirs -  but more especially not the staff.  And certainly not cause to complain to CC or elsewhere.  That is just life!

Focus on enjoying your cruise and on what you can control.  Don't waste time and emotional energy over things you can't.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I do feel the pain of the OP.  As a long time (over 40 years) cruiser we have dined next to overly noisy groups on more then one occasion (and on multiple cruise lines).   Friends of ours had a table next to a family with a screaming child and that child screamed at nearly every meal.  The only solution was for our friends to move (which was done).  The problem is that there is little the Maitre'd can do about a rambunctious group as long as they are not being obscene or doing something else that is completely over the line.    But I am puzzled about the OP's solution to immediately jump over the entire ship's chain of command to whine to the CEO.  You first try to tactfully deal with this kind of issue by quietly speaking to the Maitre'd.  If that does not work you can elevate your complaint to the Dining Room Manager and if that fails you could request an appointment with the Hotel Manager.  With a little luck the issue will be quickly resolved and you can enjoy the rest of your cruise.

And it is a shame that you feel ignored by senior staff.  Personally, I love being ignored by senior staff (why do I need the attention of the hired help :).  I detect a sense of entitlement as in "I paid a lot of money for a suite so I deserve special attention!"  I understand that you only cruise Celebrity, but perhaps you should try one of the really upscale luxury lines where everyone has a suite.  How do you think that works with those who feel entitled )

Finally, we do agree with you that Celebrity has gone rapidly downhill which is why we now choose several other lines over Celebrity and only consider Celebrity when we get a terrific last minute deal.  Celebrity is still a decent line, but it has certainly degraded itself to a middle of the road mass market line.  The days when we considered Celebrity the best of the mass market lines is long gone (thank you LLP).  And there is no way we would pay suite prices to be on a line like Celebrity when that same money could put us on several luxury lines.  Next time you might want to consider lines like Seabourn, Silverseas or perhaps Crystal.

Hank

• Like 3

Yes sometimes groups can get louder, I have experienced that myself being on both end at times. My simple answer to the OP would be tell the Maître D to try and put the group as far as possible to all or to choose a better time when that group is not around. 
Your on vacation and they are as well but because they are in a group they do tend to make more noise. 

This has nothing to do with Celebrity being a mass market or a no more luxury cruise line this is only a group of people or Familly enjoying life and friendship together. 

To the OP since when does fine dinning rhymes with not having fun ....Come to the MDR and you will see how lucky you are to have the extra dollars to dine in Luminae. 

Sorry but lots of other options should of been attempted from you like other have mentioned before ruining your entire vacation on a situation that was not manageable.    

• Like 2

My post address to CEO of Celebrity is because she  is accountable has the responsibility to the shareholders of RCL when there are issues and mismanagement of the cruise line.
Everybody is on vacation and paid a fair share to use the facilities.
Please be considerate and be respectful to others.

I have to give credit to the couple with two kids dining in Luminae,they were so well behaved.

Thats all I got to say.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You said you spoke to the  MaitreD the past evening, hopefully you will report back that things have improved.  

Met restaurant manager for the whole ship invited me to Murano for dinner last night but I turned it down.

A mail in specialty restaurant won’t resolve the issue and I don’t need any compensation.

Did received phone call from guess relation manager Alana, Luminae restaurant manager and the MC concierge.

Edited by verizon

I wouldn’t have turned down a goodwill gesture of dinner in Murano and while it wouldn’t resolve your issue you more than likely would have had a quieter dining  experience.   

I would think that by now the large group has been asked to keep the volume down And hopefully they will be more considerate.  As others have said, it their vacation also and they want to enjoy the time with friends and family.  

• Like 5

Met restaurant manager for the whole ship invited me to Murano for dinner last night but I turned it down.

A mail in specialty restaurant won’t resolve the issue and I don’t need any compensation.

Did received phone call from guess relation manager Alana, Luminae restaurant manager and the MC concierge.

What do you want them to do - kick the larger group out.  Seems that the ship is going to lengths to try accommodating you yet you're keeping an attitude.  Maybe the large group is not the real problem here.

• Like 8

On 9/27/2019 at 2:50 PM, Orator said:

Unfortunately, Celebrity, at least to me, appears to be attracting more of the rotten apples than previously. I see this in the MDR, Blu, Theater and Celebrity Central. Try enjoying a movie when a pair of rotten apples are talking in an outside voice right behind you. I really feel your pain.

It's not just Celebrity - it's everywhere.  Common courtesy is a rare event these days.........

• Like 7