10/18 Live from the Crown!

Colo Cruiser

Thank you for doing this. We will be on the Crown next week. Can’t wait... our first time on her. What did you end up doing in St Thomas? We have been there a few times before and have usually gone to St Johns to snorkel. I think there will be 3 ships in port with us this time so I’m thinking the beaches might be a tad crowded. Thanks in advance for your reply. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloaterBoat said:

Is the coupon book always there?  We always glaze over most of the papers they give us besides the patter....Really curious if this book will be in our cabin when we board the CB in 2 weeks. We'd definitely take them up on this offer.  Go to the Crown Grill for dinner on the 1st night.  Good start to the cruise.

What would be the best plan....if we have the coupon book, then call and make reservations..or go and make them in person?

Mine were listed in the travel summery under special services.

I would go see The HW in the Crown Grill named Edgar and make the reservation. Hopefully he has not rotated to another venue by the time you board.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, luvflorida said:

Thank you for doing this. We will be on the Crown next week. Can’t wait... our first time on her. What did you end up doing in St Thomas? We have been there a few times before and have usually gone to St Johns to snorkel. I think there will be 3 ships in port with us this time so I’m thinking the beaches might be a tad crowded. Thanks in advance for your reply. 

We just walked downtown from the pier. Downtown was a mess. We have been here so many times before. Main Street between the shops is closed. The streets are all torn up from moving all the power lines undreground.  It was the same way back in August of 2018 on the CB. It rained on and off and there was mud/concrete residue

and puddles as well as really uneven sidewalks blocked from the street with that orange safety fence on both sides.

We should have stayed at Havensight/pier  It was clean with all the same stores. We could have shopped and went back onboard for lunch and then got off again. 

Doubt we will go back into town in the near future until they get it all finished. You can tell the businesses are really hurting. There were not many people downtown, at least not like we have seen in the past.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Keith...I meant to text you earlier....have you heard from Ciorfito?  Great pic of you and Carmen this morning.  Thanks for sending it and giving her a hug for us.  She has been through so much in the past few months with the loss of her son.

31 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We just walked downtown from the pier. Downtown was a mess. We have been here so many times before. Main Street between the shops is closed. The streets are all torn up from moving all the power lines undreground.  It was the same way back in August of 2018 on the CB. It rained on and off and there was mud/concrete residue

and puddles as well as really uneven sidewalks blocked from the street with that orange safety fence on both sides.

We should have stayed at Havensight/pier  It was clean with all the same stores. We could have shopped and went back onboard for lunch and then got off again. 

Doubt we will go back into town in the near future until they get it all finished. You can tell the businesses are really hurting. There were not many people downtown, at least not like we have seen in the past.

Had not heard about that project, but don't follow the news down there any longer.  I do know Glady's Cafe had fire damage this summer as a section of Royal Dane Mall burned.  They are supposed to be open soon and said they would be open for our Nov visit.  But if downtown is a mess, perhaps we will just head to other parts of the island.

On 10/19/2019 at 11:02 AM, steelers36 said:

The above is not only strange, but a bit alarming.  According to the official Princess Medallion pricing chart I was provided back in the summer, a 10-night cruise price is $70 pre-cruise (Personalizer) and the on-board price is only $75. 

What shows above indicates an on-board price of $85 before 25% discount!! I am wondering now if they have jacked up the on-board pricing?  Our Personalizer still shows the $70 pre-cruise price for Nov 7 (two voyages after yours).   Incidentally, a cruise we have just booked for 2021 (10-night Caribbean) also has a pre-cruise offer of $70 in Personalizer.

As for the 4-device plan, the price shown above reflects a $170 on-board price before discount (or $17/day).  The Personalizer price is $15/day or $150.  That seems normal.

Not sure what is going on, but I thought my numbers were correct.

The single device plan represents almost no benefit at all for Elites and Platinums when you compare $70 pre-cruise to a net $63.75 on-board (Day 1 special). 

I will be on the crown on 11/7/19 and pre=purchased the internet at $70 😞

On 10/20/2019 at 9:37 AM, steelers36 said:

If your CROWN cruise is NOV 7, I would love to have your BOGO coupons for the BlackJack tournament.

Do these coupons come in the patter?  This is our first Princess cruise so not sure how all this things work.. I will be on the Nov 7th sailing.  More than welcome to mine if you want them

9 minutes ago, DMT1970 said:

Do these coupons come in the patter?  This is our first Princess cruise so not sure how all this things work.. I will be on the Nov 7th sailing.  More than welcome to mine if you want them

No.. it is in a coupon book that comes from a TA if you booked with one that offers this "perk" periodically.  It will show in your cruise credits in Personalizer.

11 hours ago, SeaSharp said:

Would love to learn more about your experiences, Colon Cruiser, with the Medallion program, especially when it comes to ordering drinks from the bar.  I understand that feature is not working, but hoping that it had been fixed by now.  Any good news??  I have enjoyed your photos and daily commentary.  Much appreciated.  I'll be on Crown very soon.

We ordered drinks to the cabin.

The first one is free on each device.

After ordering it shows a progress bar with order-preparing-order complete/delivered. My Strongbow was delivered within 15 minutes. The Dirty Banana took 5 or 10 longer being blended. It worked great.

In the Elite Lounge they took cabin numbers only and did not use the Medallion. Not sure if they are lazy or it just does not work. 
My pet peeve in Skywalkers is when we sit there for 15 plus minutes and are ignored for a drink order. The staff just seem uninspired. Went to the bartender twice to order drinks.  🙁

Medallion in the shops works like a charm of course. 

In the DR I am not sure whether they are using the Medallion or not. Many places are still just asking for cabin numbers.

9 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Wonderful Balcony Dinner photos! Can I ask if you also took pictures of the appetizer and salad offerings? 

Canapés 

Crab quiche 

Salad with Arugula/Pinion Nuts/tangerines/red cabbage with blue cheese and a Balsamic Dressing.D746D55B-C3C0-41BC-A7D9-54F51DFCE9EB.thumb.jpeg.c578b9282537b7c112a90f79b89948ce.jpeg

951F6C4D-70C2-4AE3-AF4C-4005EDEE69A2.jpeg

5BFF2E5C-151D-4B4F-B5E7-A784DC29A130.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We ordered drinks to the cabin.

The first one is free on each device.

Well, I was planning on not using the medallion for anything but unlocking our cabin door....but maybe I will use it just this one time.😉

• Haha 1

Wow that balcony dinner is awesome.  Looks like you had a wonderful time and great dinner with dessert. So do you choose what you want prior to dinner; and then the butler brings the food and serves it?

15 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Canapés 

Crab quiche 

Salad with Arugula/Pinion Nuts/tangerines/red cabbage with blue cheese and a Balsamic Dressing.

We've never done the balcony dinner, but your photos have looked amazing!! Thanks for taking the time to post. If you happen to go to Vines would you take a photo of the current wine menu.  Wondering what wines can be found there these days.

Thanks,

16 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

We've never done the balcony dinner, but your photos have looked amazing!! Thanks for taking the time to post. If you happen to go to Vines would you take a photo of the current wine menu.  Wondering what wines can be found there these days.

Thanks,

D82F350D-2466-48E4-A27F-9EC33BB3A8A0.jpeg

FE74EC71-563D-4511-97B9-1D0FFE055B8C.jpeg

FA3F0E10-F598-46BC-94ED-7BDA29224B89.jpeg

D028F1F3-CB64-4B31-8F05-4E09BB3EAAE1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2