10/18 Live from the Crown!

Colo Cruiser

Thank you for posting your cruise...We embark on 11/27 and I can't wait!  This is getting me even more excited, which I didn't believe was possible.  Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your cruise!

• Thanks 1

Would love to learn more about your experiences, Colon Cruiser, with the Medallion program, especially when it comes to ordering drinks from the bar.  I understand that feature is not working, but hoping that it had been fixed by now.  Any good news??  I have enjoyed your photos and daily commentary.  Much appreciated.  I'll be on Crown very soon.

22 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Currently 400 plus Bears on this cruise. Not possible to find usable seating/space at the aft pool/area during the day.

We have sailed several times when this group has been onboard. Once being on the Emerald with 800 plus.

Excuse my ignorance, but who are the "Bears"?

• Like 1

@Colo Cruiser, I phoned Princess this morning and as typical I was not given the whole story this summer on Medallion Net pricing.  Two of the cruise lengths have different pricing on-board, whereas the pre-cruise Personalizer pricing is the same.  The net effect is that our Platinum/Elite benefit is almost worthless for a 10-night cruise and not much better for others.  I will find the Medallion Net threads and re-post my chart, but here it is updated: 

CRUISE LENGTH PRE_CRUISE PERSONALIZER ON BOARD PRICE (Day 1)
(nights) List Price Member Discount On Board Price Member Discount Price
<7 $45.00 n/a $55.00 $41.25
7 $60.00 n/a $70.00 $52.50
8 $70.00 n/a $75.00 $56.25
9 $70.00 n/a $80.00 $60.00
10 $70.00 n/a $85.00 $63.75
11 $75.00 n/a $90.00 $67.50
12 $75.00 n/a $100.00 $75.00
14 $100.00 n/a $120.00 $90.00
15 - 30 $130.00 n/a $150.00 $112.50
31+ $180.00 n/a $200.00 $150.00
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

@Colo Cruiser, I phoned Princess this morning and as typical I was not given the whole story this summer on Medallion Net pricing.  Two of the cruise lengths have different pricing on-board, whereas the pre-cruise Personalizer pricing is the same.  The net effect is that our Platinum/Elite benefit is almost worthless for a 10-night cruise and not much better for others.  I will find the Medallion Net threads and re-post my chart, but here it is updated: 

CRUISE LENGTH PRE_CRUISE PERSONALIZER ON BOARD PRICE (Day 1)
(nights) List Price Member Discount On Board Price Member Discount Price
<7 $45.00 n/a $55.00 $41.25
7 $60.00 n/a $70.00 $52.50
8 $70.00 n/a $75.00 $56.25
9 $70.00 n/a $80.00 $60.00
10 $70.00 n/a $85.00 $63.75
11 $75.00 n/a $90.00 $67.50
12 $75.00 n/a $100.00 $75.00
14 $100.00 n/a $120.00 $90.00
15 - 30 $130.00 n/a $150.00 $112.50
31+ $180.00 n/a $200.00 $150.00

would there not be any more free minutes for platinum/elites?  is the benefit that we get a discount now?  we have a platinum and an elite in the same cabin for our nov 7 and we’re counting on some minutes to just check in at home 😞

1 minute ago, jennifers490 said:

would there not be any more free minutes for platinum/elites?  is the benefit that we get a discount now?  we have a platinum and an elite in the same cabin for our nov 7 and we’re counting on some minutes to just check in at home 😞

I think you still get the minutes.  The discount is for an unlimited package.

27 minutes ago, jennifers490 said:

25 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

I think you still get the minutes.  The discount is for an unlimited package.

I apologize for not being specific about that.  It has been widely posted however.  Anyway, the free minutes benefit is still there as always, but it can be exchanged for a discount off the unlimited internet package price.  The discount is 25%, but when compared to the pre-cruise offer that anyone can book, we aren't really saving 25% over those with no benefit.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:19 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

Yeah that’s why I posted it because I was expecting the $59 price. 
The Medallion is not working on PC at all for drink orders etc. They are unable to get the system to work.  🙄

Back to the manual writing cabin numbers down for the orders.

I think the price is $59 plus tax, for a total of $63, at least that is how it worked out for us on the Royal a couple weeks ago.  When we bought the 7 day plancitvwas $49.99 plus tax for a total of $52 

Edited by 4cats4me

1 hour ago, jennifers490 said:

You will get the free minutes OR you will forfeit all of them to get the reduced price, albeit, not a huge reduction, MedallionNet package. It was worth it on the Royal, where the Internet worked great, but i would  be reluctant to purchase on the non Royal-class ships based om Negative feedback. 

46 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I apologize for not being specific about that.  It has been widely posted however.  Anyway, the free minutes benefit is still there as always, but it can be exchanged for a discount off the unlimited internet package price.  The discount is 25%, but when compared to the pre-cruise offer that anyone can book, we aren't really saving 25% over those with no benefit.

thank you - i haven’t been on princess boards in quite some time and am just catching up on all of the changes - at least a little comfort they still give something free 🙂

On 10/18/2019 at 4:49 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

6C500A8A-E7CA-4593-93E1-A320DDC92433.jpeg

Is the coupon book always there?  We always glaze over most of the papers they give us besides the patter....Really curious if this book will be in our cabin when we board the CB in 2 weeks. We'd definitely take them up on this offer.  Go to the Crown Grill for dinner on the 1st night.  Good start to the cruise.

What would be the best plan....if we have the coupon book, then call and make reservations..or go and make them in person?

Edited by FloaterBoat

On 10/20/2019 at 12:39 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Currently 400 plus Bears on this cruise. Not possible to find usable seating/space at the aft pool/area during the day.

We have sailed several times when this group has been onboard. Once being on the Emerald with 800 plus.

what are bears?

• Haha 1