Oasis of the seas JS upgrade for $1500?

ranchette

6 minutes ago, ranchette said:

Does it pay to upgrade from a balcony ocean view room to a junior suite for $1500?  How are the Junior suites? Never been on the Oasis.

I would say No. you are not even guaranteed to be able to go to coastal kitchen. About 100 sq feet larger cabin with a small walk in closet and tub. I wouldn’t pay the extra 

Edited by renza
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ranchette said:

Does it pay to upgrade from a balcony ocean view room to a junior suite for $1500?  How are the Junior suites? Never been on the Oasis.

That would be WAY too expensive for us to upgrade.

• Clarea changed the title to Oasis of the seas JS upgrade for $1500?
20 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Did Jr Suite once, never again.  It's just a bit bigger than a regular cabin.  Not worth it at all. Maybe a few hundred but not $1500

Value is in the eye of the beholder, but It’s 50% bigger, a little more than a ‘bit’. It’s basically a cabin and a half. 

Assuming this is a 7 day cruise, and there are two people, it’s $107 pppd, a little steep.

mac_tc

21 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Value is in the eye of the beholder, but It’s 50% bigger, a little more than a ‘bit’. It’s basically a cabin and a half. 

Assuming this is a 7 day cruise, and there are two people, it’s $107 pppd, a little steep.

mac_tc

Yet still just the equivalent to a small hotel room.  The larger size offers almost nothing of value other than a walk in closet, which has almost no value to us.  And a tub.

2 hours ago, ranchette said:

Find 3 other couples to go with you and upgrade to a A1  Spacious Aqua Theater Suite with Large Balcony Two Bedrooms. so it would be about $5000 total per couple.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, BNBR said:

Yet still just the equivalent to a small hotel room.  The larger size offers almost nothing of value other than a walk in closet, which has almost no value to us.  And a tub.

300 sq ft is 300 sq ft. To us that extra 100 sq ft has value. I like to not have to walk sideways past my bed. But not $107pppd. 
We actually find the high step up to the tub a disadvantage and prefer the shower. 

mac_tlc

3 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

300 sq ft is 300 sq ft. To us that extra 100 sq ft has value. I like to not have to walk sideways past my bed. But not $107pppd. 
We actually find the high step up to the tub a disadvantage and prefer the shower. 

mac_tlc

I'd like to date Taylor Swift, but at what price 🙂

Of course a larger room has some value, but slightly shuffling past the bed, what's that really worth?  To me, very, very little.

• Haha 1

We had a JS on a recent cruise that we upgraded for @ $300.  It's only 1/3 bigger (200 ft. to 300 ft.) and that's nice but the tub was terrible since it only has a half shower door and no curtain on the remainder of the tub so you have to scrunch up to the shower head to bathe, that is unless you want to use the tub.  

I have had a JS on other ships before that had different configurations and were a much better fit for our situation.  Still at $1500 for an upgrade, I would use the money for other fun stuff.  If the price drops, maybe, but it would have to be a lot.

6 hours ago, ranchette said:

Definitely a very high upgrade. We used to pay about $2800 total two years ago. 

FWIW, the Oasis JS's generally have a very large balcony and are well located on the aft hump.

Is your upgrade via RoyalUP,  or a direct purchase. You get the 2nd point if you self upgrade vs bid for it

• Like 1