Shower Curtains

mellon1

Mine never cling. I simply get the bottom of the curtain wet and then the bottom will stick to the edge of the shower. Problem solved. I don't know how often they change the shower curtains. I don't know how often they launder that thing that goes across the bottom edge of the bed. I have no idea how often or even if they ever sanitize those bolster pillows.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Mine never cling. I simply get the bottom of the curtain wet and then the bottom will stick to the edge of the shower. Problem solved. I don't know how often they change the shower curtains. I don't know how often they launder that thing that goes across the bottom edge of the bed. I have no idea how often or even if they ever sanitize those bolster pillows.

OK...I thought so, but was really hoping someone would say, yep they wash them!  The thing at the end of the bed, I put in the closet, those other pillows too.  

Thanks for your response.  

Edited by mellon1
spelling

I imagine you can request a fresh shower curtain from your steward. If you are worried you may well want to do that. I know if mine smelled or looked soiled or anything of that sort I would definitely request a fresh one. If denied I would be heading down to passenger services and the captain's circle host. I doubt I would be denied in the first place though. We've only had one poor steward ever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weedpindle said:

Yep, they wash them. if you want to be 100% sure, ask cabin steward to put a clean one up. Same with bedding.

I asked because we have done multiple, up to 4 B2B cruises at a time and have checked out other rooms and have NEVER seen the shower curtains being replaced.  I was hoping to get your response and want to believe it, BUT.....hmmm.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I imagine you can request a fresh shower curtain from your steward. If you are worried you may well want to do that. I know if mine smelled or looked soiled or anything of that sort I would definitely request a fresh one. If denied I would be heading down to passenger services and the captain's circle host. I doubt I would be denied in the first place though. We've only had one poor steward ever.

8 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I seriously doubt they change the shower curtains on turnaround day. That would be so time consuming to unhook them all and then re-hook them.

I'm sure if you asked, they would change it out for you though.

Thanks.  I think you are right.

1 hour ago, mellon1 said:

I asked because we have done multiple, up to 4 B2B cruises at a time and have checked out other rooms and have NEVER seen the shower curtains being replaced.  I was hoping to get your response and want to believe it, BUT.....hmmm.  

I have been on a cruise when a shower curtain was replaced.  It was shorter than the "old" one....otherwise, I would not have noticed.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Renmar said:

Note to self what to pack for our next cruise;

Bars of soap

Pillows

Showercurtain

Chair

Window cleaner

etc. etc.

Oh, almost forgot: clothes

Theo

Don't forget Anke... 😁

4 hours ago, Renmar said:

Bars of soap

Pillows

Showercurtain

Chair

Window cleaner

etc. etc.

Theo

No need to pack clothes. You can pick up items on board 🙂

8 hours ago, mellon1 said:

OK, all this recent talk about the bar soap, makes me wonder, do they change the shower curtains at the end of each cruise?  I know they tend to "cling" when in a room with just a shower.

I find that they are changed quite frequently.  I can tell by looking up at the hooks, sometimes there are extra hooks, they vary frequently.  Different shower curtains, some with more holes.

I have also seen buckets of shower heads, they change them out also.

I have also noticed them changing out the proverbial barrel chairs.  I asked our cabin steward, he told me they are cleaned frequently.

This is all done discretely.  People have a way of turning all of these good practices into "why are they doing that, what is wrong," if you know what I mean.

7 hours ago, geoherb said:

Why would anyone think the shower curtain would need replacing before it's worn out? It seems wasteful in terms of physically as well as a waste of time.

They are washable curtains I believe.  I don't think they put new ones up and throw the old away.

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Do you change your shower curtain at home?  That is, if you have one.  

DON

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Do you change your shower curtain at home?  That is, if you have one.  

DON

We used to have a curtain on one shower which was a guest room and as it was used I would wash after company left so it would be fresh, along with the sheets and towels used.  We used to have a door on our master bath, but now have a shower with no door, walk in.

8 hours ago, Renmar said:

Bars of soap

Pillows

Showercurtain

Chair

Window cleaner

etc. etc.

Theo

Thanks for the added reminders to add to my list!!  You are so thoughtful.  Although, instead of the window cleaner, I think I might bring a squeagie for the glass!!!  heheh 😍