Upgrade Fairy

Bluemoontets

We are booked on a cruise from Singapore in March 2021 and had booked a balcony, imagine our surprise yesterday when we had an email from Princess upgrading us to a Mini Suite.  Had to check our cruise personaliser as thought it might have been a spam email. A very nice Christmas present for us especially as 16 months before we sail.

Edited by Bluemoontets
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Bluemoontets said:

We are booked on a cruise from Singapore in March 2021 and had booked a balcony, imagine our surprise yesterday when we had an email from Princess upgrading us to a Mini Suite.  Had to check our cruise personaliser as thought it might have been a spam email. A very nice Christmas present for us especially as 16 months before we sail.

Congrats! 🙂

24 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

That sounds great, but why would Princess upgrade someone so far out from the cruise, when they could sell that cabin to someone?  I always assumed upgrades were given much closer to the cruise departure date.  Congrats though!

They may have a request for several cabins next to each other from someone willing to pay for the privilege 

• Like 1

I'm sort of shocked...

I've gotten surprise upgrades within the last 60 days before a cruise--because it wasn't selling out and they couldn't get people to bite on an "upsell", I guess...And last year, on Celebrity Millennium, I got a major surprise upgrade AT THE PIER in Hong Kong on embarkation day...

But, 15 months out?!?  That's totally shocking...

Someone at Princess HQ must REALLY like you!!!

Congrats...

Got an email last night about an "upgrade" on the Regal. I was in a balcony on the lido for a cruise with my sister. They gave me something on Caribe. No upgrade to me. I called last night but need to call back today. I had booked directly with Princess and forgot to mark no upgrade. My fault, but frustrating nonetheless. 

Janet

We were in an aft inside (Sapphire Princess, 21-night sailing Feb 2)  and received an upgrade to an obstructed OV.

I'm guessing a 4-person group perhaps needed that inside and so our party of 3 got moved to a 3-berth cabin that was available.

Not entirely sure what the third berth will be like, but we will make it work.  We got a fantastic deal of $1800 CAD (about $1360 USD) per person.

10 hours ago, sun&sea said:

Got an email last night about an "upgrade" on the Regal. I was in a balcony on the lido for a cruise with my sister. They gave me something on Caribe. No upgrade to me. I called last night but need to call back today. I had booked directly with Princess and forgot to mark no upgrade. My fault, but frustrating nonetheless. 

Janet

Marking "no upgrade" is a request. Princess WILL "upgrade" you if they want your cabin.

1 minute ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Marking "no upgrade" is a request. Princess WILL "upgrade" you if they want your cabin.

Maybe so, but the odd thing is she asked if I wanted my cabin back and I said yes. That was early this morning. It is still showing available to book by anyone. If they wanted or needed it so bad, why is it available? Certainly NOT the end of the world because there are plenty of cabins, but just seems odd.

• Like 1

I just got upgraded on a November 2020 transatlantic from OC (P303) to B1 (C423) making the solo + supplement 150% instead of 200% 😶 It's a year out so now idea why I'm upgraded now. Also there's 8 of OC but only 6 B1s. Not sure about cruise as I regret missing Thanksgiving this year --- 1st time I ever grabbed a room I was 'thinking' of and I get an upgrade?

Edited by Ombud

Congrats! We were offered an upgrade several years ago when an upgrade was free! We went from a minisuite to a full suite on the Caribbean Princess. We enjoyed it so much we never went back to anything smaller than a full suite!  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by JimAOk1945
  • Like 1

We’re currently on the 12/4 3 night Sky Princess and staying on for the following 12/7 7 day cruise. 

We booked a S4 penthouse for the 3 day, but a M1 club class mini for the 7 day since the S4’s were almost triple the price. 

First night of the 3 day I received an email telling us we got a free upgrade from our M1 to a S4! I don’t know if the 3 day cruise had anything to do with the upgrade but it counted as our 49th and 50th cruise credits. 

I’ll take that free upgrade any day! 

• Like 3

I'm also booked on a cruise out of Singapore in January 2021 and booked a regular balcony and received an email that they upgraded me to a B4 aft balcony. I was surprised that this far out they would do that, but I'm not complaining, we were looking at aft balconies anyway!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 2ndhoney said:

I'm also booked on a cruise out of Singapore in January 2021 and booked a regular balcony and received an email that they upgraded me to a B4 aft balcony. I was surprised that this far out they would do that, but I'm not complaining, we were looking at aft balconies anyway!

I like that they are starting to reward passengers who book early.

Hope it's an ongoing trend.

Congrats on the free upgrade!

On 12/4/2019 at 6:29 PM, Bluemoontets said:

Congratulations!

We've done 22 Princess cruises and have never been offered any kind of upgrade.

Edited by R**T

5 hours ago, 2ndhoney said:

Congratulations on your Upgrade as well.