Best Sale Ever Starts December 11th

azbirdmom

8 hours ago, lstone19 said:

The big advantage of the add-ons is the discounted price for the beverage package. If you have Sip & Sail, an add-on for Internet and gratuities, particularly if it were to be $25pp/day as I believe someone briefly saw, would likely cost you more. Gratuities are $14.50 to $16.50 pp/day and Internet, for cruises 7 days or longer on MedallionNet ships, will not cost more than $10/day or $7.50/day if Platinum or Elite. So for most people, that will come to less than $25pp/day. 

Exactly. By paying the $25 pppd for gratuities and WiFi as Elite, we would be paying more and getting less. I usually opt to purchase a 4 device WiFi package which costs approximately twice a single device voyage long price, so I would be down two devices and paying a few dollars a day more, by doing the WiFi-gratuity addon, vs. buying individually when on board. 

I am however looking at an Alaskan round trip from San Pedro and going the full Monty best ever PBP, gratuity, WiFi route and I’ll just have to live with logging on different devices based on usage requirements.

23 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Don't do the $200 deal.  It sounds like a rebooking and you would lose whatever perks you already have.  Wait until next week and try again after things calm down at Princess and everyone there knows what they're doing...(hopefully)

I decided to email Princess about the price discrepancy, and by this afternoon the price was fixed! 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Hmmm. I'd like to find that email......wasn't at the link a post or two above.

You would be best to simply go to the website with the obstructed photos.  The original thread simply pre-dated creating the Google site and more recently, the data has been loaded to the cruise deck plans website.

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

not your quote, but a quote you quoted ...

and not ALL 3 days or longer are included , as per the 'website' at least ( November 2020, 5 days )

will place a call to Princess next week after the smoke and mirrors has cleared ...

Which ship?  I see a lot of Western Caribbean sailings on the list but I didn't see any for Sky sailings.  They probably figure they don't need to entice people to book sailings on Sky for certain voyages that are popular.

I refared to get beverage, wifi, tips on my 2 cruises for Aug 2021..

On my Personalizer, I noticed under Onboard Services my WIFI and Berverage package is listed as paid but under Payments, tips are still listed to be paid.

I wonder when it will be changed?

5 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Not to be another broken record 😉, but the add on of Gratuities and Beverage PK would add $30 x 2 people x 10 days - which is $600 by my math. Gratuities would cost us $300 on our current plan. Since it would be unusual for us to have over 1 drink each per day, that PBP would cost us $300 for we two for the 10-20 drinks we MIGHT have. And we'd probably have well less than 10 each for the entire 10 day cruise, since we prefer our drinks in our cabin, and the PBP cannot be "cabin delivered". So adding on, with my math and preferences, the add on<s> is not a good deal. For someone who drinks a lot more than we do, yes, I can see where $300 for a 10 day cruise for two people might be attractive.

I am still checking into cancelling our Anniversary+Cyber booking, and re-booking the same cruise using the BSE.....if I can start getting straight answers out of a couple of TAs😎.

Sorry I can't find your original link and I had deleted some of what you said so I forget your original point 😞

I was strongly thinking of buying PBP for me at $700 and DW would spend $250 with Cocktail before dinner, one glass of wine with dinner and a bottle of water each day on 10 day cruise. So $600 for  2*PBP and 2*Grat is an easy decision. We booked under Anniversary before Cyber was added, but we have $150 OBC and 2*Specialty Dinner, which we kept via add ons.

I do follow your math, but could you get a better deal by re-faring to BSE ?

4 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

from the sale FAQ:

Do all guests in the cabin need to have the same offer?
A: Guests 1 and 2 must have the same offer. If the first and second guest have Best. Sale. Ever., it will apply to guest 3 and 4 by default. Guests 3 and 4 can opt out of this package by calling Princess to have it removed.

when I did my add on of the wifi and drinks, we had to apply it to all three passengers and could not opt out for the third. This was on the phone with Princess customer service. It was on day one of the sale so maybe this was one of the kinks they were working out. 

or as another poster pointed out, there could be a difference between the rules for a new booking under the sale and doing it the way we did with the add ons to an existing booking. 

in the end though I think we will leave it as is. 

Edited by Storm Monkey

We are booked with $700

obc but flyer says you keep your amenities but don’t keep them if not connected to the three options they are offering which ours are not. Does this mean we will lose the $700 obc ? Also the room rate quoted is $800 more than we paid so hopefully if we refare we keep our original rate

27 minutes ago, TERESAh said:

We are booked with $700

obc but flyer says you keep your amenities but don’t keep them if not connected to the three options they are offering which ours are not. Does this mean we will lose the $700 obc ? Also the room rate quoted is $800 more than we paid so hopefully if we refare we keep our original rate

If you refare, you lose the prior booking perks.  What type of promotion do you currently have?  You can keep your OBC if you do add ons instead of refare or rebook.

1 hour ago, TERESAh said:

We are booked with $700

What DanielA said. 

If you (your TA/CVP/phone-rep) apply one of these codes to an existing reservation, you keep your OBC and original "room rate" -- and your original deposit, and any perks you already have. The code's price per person per day is added to your original base fare and will be due on the original schedule; nothing additional due now.

image.png.458d770527a3ae396e7da9e4c8552a46.png

If you are booked on a 10 day or longer cruise, with no perks, and you want to add all three 'amenities', then yes, if there are two of you in the room, your fare WILL go up $800 (but you still keep your OBC). And your cruise will now be essentially all-inclusive.

Since the PBP-drinks are normally over $70pppd, IF you drink (and not only alcohol, anything that is not free on board), these add-ons are amazing. 

• Like 1

I just did add ons for our summer Baltic’s cruise.  Person I talked to had no idea about the “add ons”, but she was very nice and eventually we got it all situated after she worked w her supervisor. Booked prev w the grats/obc/upgrades/spec dining and kept all that. Purchased bev/WiFi for the $25 pp pd.  That was better/cheaper then changing to new promo.  So definitely ask questions as they are still learning about this!

Just an encouragement to ask your agent. I was coming up to final pay deadline this week. Had S&S,  shot my "competitive" online agent an email yesterday politely asking what perks or OBC could perhaps be added in light of new promotion.. Responded today they were adding the three best.ever perks, additional OBC and a significant reduction of fare.

Never hurts to ask.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Where do you put in the add-on code? 

You do not do it yourself -- a TA, CVP, or phone-rep at Princess can do it. The pdf documents for TA's are linked early in this thread. My CVP was up-to-speed on the first morning(!). The phone-reps are getting it one by one.

3 hours ago, phabric said:

On my Personalizer, I noticed under Onboard Services my WIFI and Berverage package is listed as paid but under Payments, tips are still listed to be paid.

Look in your travel summary.

Mine are listed there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Because there is no add-on that I don't already have except for the Internet portion and it's not offered separately so I'd have to rebook in order to get the promo.

I meant to say, would not reduce.  Thank you for the explanation and clarification.

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Now that is funny!

IMO, it is not that complicated at all.  I just think there was this new twist that a lot of people didn't get and perhaps some Princess employees needed more training.  I read the TA materials and I am not a TA, but it was quite understandable to me. 

ETA - I would like to modify my answer in that it seems Princess did not do a good job considering 3rd and 4th persons in room as young kids for whom a soda type drink package might not be wanted nor desirable.

Perhaps there should have been an age exemption for infants and pre-schoolers.  However anyone who books a family cruise under S&S is paying something baked into the 3rd and 4th fares for beverages.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, phabric said:

The offer to pre-pay gratuities in the Personalizer is always there and I have seen it there when having previous 3FF bookings and I have two now and yet there it is.  It doesn't state they have to be paid, but it does allow customers to pre-pay.  YES, it would be good if Princess IT could hide that or flag it with a nice notice that Grats are paid.  But we all know that Princess' IT dept doesn't seem to have the brightest bulbs in the user-experience design area.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I didn't see a rate code for a wifi & grats only add on package.  Has anyone been able to add on just grats and wifi without the PBP?  I know there was for a short time on the chart a wifi & grats package but the Final Retro chart states that refare is the only option for Sip'n'sail bookings.  Has anyone been able to add on just grats and wifi without the PBP?

12 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

BEST2WG is for the sip n sail

12 hours ago, chamima said:

C9654224-36C9-4961-BEAD-802F0F2CA3B2.jpeg

11 hours ago, lstone19 said:

That confirms the $25pp/day for the short-lived and now gone again (unless it came back) for Internet and gratuities. So I'll say again, most people can get those for less than $25pp/day just by paying the regular rate for them. For it to make sense, you need some combination of being in suite or mini-suite, not Platinum or Elite, and being on a cruise under 7 nights.

If you're Platinum or Elite, you will not pay more than $7.50 per day for unlimited Internet if you use the embarkation day special for a 7-night or longer cruise. No matter what your cabin category, combining that with gratuities will be less than $25pp/day.

@lstone has hit the nub of it.  If BEST2WG is still hiding out there, well so be it.  But it really doesn't matter that it is gone because it makes no sense for Platinums/Elites who can book the internet for much less than the $10/day that Princess figures for a value.  For longer cruises, even no-status passengers can buy the internet for less than $10/day.  Highly doubtful that this package would save any money for 99% and indeed would cost more. 

ETA:  I just saw Post #576 which addresses @lstone's post and I did not see it before page refreshed.  

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Thanks - I posted this earlier after I found out about the work around 

I’m now being told that if our friends opt out on their 3rd guest, then that child loses all their previous amenities associated with the booking (under the 3-for-Free), is that what you were told from Princess?

32 minutes ago, villauk said:

I’m now being told that if our friends opt out on their 3rd guest, then that child loses all their previous amenities associated with the booking (under the 3-for-Free), is that what you were told from Princess?

No - I didn't get that info. I was told that guests 3 and 4 can opt out of the add-ons. It wouldn't make sense for them to lose anything not associated with the booking - unless they had refared first. But then everyone would have lost the amenities anyways....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

IMO, it is not that complicated at all.  I just think there was this new twist that a lot of people didn't get and perhaps some Princess employees needed more training.  I read the TA materials and I am not a TA, but it was quite understandable to me. 

ETA - I would like to modify my answer in that it seems Princess did not do a good job considering 3rd and 4th persons in room as young kids for whom a soda type drink package might not be wanted nor desirable.

Perhaps there should have been an age exemption for infants and pre-schoolers.  However anyone who books a family cruise under S&S is paying something baked into the 3rd and 4th fares for beverages.

It's only become complicated because of the inconsistencies. Instead of being a straightforward refare or add-on, each rep seems to have a different answer or not know what they are doing. Thankfully, the person I spoke to this morning was 100% on her game and gave me all the info I needed!

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

No - I didn't get that info. I was told that guests 3 and 4 can opt out of the add-ons. It wouldn't make sense for them to lose anything not associated with the booking - unless they had refared first. But then everyone would have lost the amenities anyways....

No, they hadn’t re-fared, they just wanted to go with the ‘add-on’ for the 1st and 2nd guest only and opt out for the 3rd. We were all set and now my TA has stated Princess have come back to her to say the child would lose their original amenities associated with the booking (this isn’t mentioned at all in the sale FAQ which was previously posted on here). I wondered if anyone else had hit the same wall?

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

It's only become complicated because of the inconsistencies. Instead of being a straightforward refare or add-on, each rep seems to have a different answer or not know what they are doing. Thankfully, the person I spoke to this morning was 100% on her game and gave me all the info I needed!

Okay, I understand your point.  I can usually tell within a few seconds when I call Princess if I have a knowledgeable rep or a newbie.  Hopefully by now the internal messages and training has got out to everyone.