Well, that'll leave a mark - Glory Damaged in Cozumel

BNBR

7 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Insurance shouldn't be necessary for this, Carnival will need to make all impacted passengers whole in one form or another.

They may cover the cost of the cruise and onboard purchases, but may not cover the airfare for people who need to fly to the port.

• Like 7

Just now, Shih-tzu said:

They may cover the cost of the cruise and onboard purchases, but may not cover the airfare for people who need to fly to the port.

And insurance may not provide coverage for that part of the trip either since the flights are available to take, a lot will depend on the terms of the insurance (and that is presupposing that insurance was purchased for the flights in the first place).

• Like 2

Hard to see how they can keep sailings with that damage. Maybe I’m wrong. I’m on the 1/6 cruise on the Glory so this sucks. But I feel really bad if they cancel those on the next cruise. Can’t imagine planning a Christmas cruise and then this happens.

Heck, I’d eat on the lido if the would still sail.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CaneDawg said:

they can prob. work around this area and keep sailing. just close the back 1/4 of dining and fix in stages at multiple ports.

yes. this same process was done on many other cruises ships that had similar accidents in the past from what i remember 

6 minutes ago, CaneDawg said:

they can prob. work around this area and keep sailing. just close the back 1/4 of dining and fix in stages at multiple ports.

Hope so. If all it affects is the MDR, I’ll volunteer to eat elsewhere and let others have the MDR.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Beardface said:

Not  sure if these are going to embed properly

It's almost incredible they managed to get control and not whack Oasis.  Great video.  WAY closer than I thought based on initial reports.  Hitting Oasis would have been a much bigger mess, too.  Multiple companies, the bow crushing through staterooms, etc.

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 6

From John Heald's page on Facebook:

"Carnival Glory had an allision with Carnival Legend this morning in Cozumel. Carnival Glory was maneuvering to dock when it made contact with Carnival Legend which was already alongside.

We are assessing the damage but there are no issues that impact the seaworthiness of either ship. We have advised guests from both ships to enjoy their day ashore in Cozumel.

There is one reported minor injury of a Carnival Glory guest that occurred when a group of guests were evacuated from the dining room on Decks 3 and 4."

Edited by jaowel
spelling on last name
  • Like 4