Drinks package for newlyweds?

My daughter married this past September but could not get away for a honeymoon. Wedding Friday night and back to work Sunday. Medical field and such is life. So she booked a 8 nights RCL early 2020 but the drinks package is like $1,100.00 for the 2 of them. Cost prohibitive. I’ve yet to see any discount. Like $59.00 pp plus fees. My wife and I are diamond my daughter is gold level rewards program.
Any chance of discount.

44 minutes ago, cementhands said:

....... she booked a 8 nights RCL early 2020 but the drinks package is like $1,100.00 for the 2 of them. Cost prohibitive.

I’ve yet to see any discount. Like $59.00 pp plus fees.

Any chance of discount.

A deluxe beverage package for TWO that is discounted to $59pp per day for an 8 night cruise with the 18% Gratuity added will come to $1113.92

• Like 1

This isn't really drink package related... But if they have the cruise listed as a honeymoon, they should be invited to the Wedding and Honeymoon gathering/party event. They offer wine/champagne and other refreshments ( I don't remember if they had beer or any mixed drinks) Cake, Chocolate covered Strawberries and some petit-fours and door prizes 

59 is a decent price, i grabbed ours at 55 while others in the group caught a 48 that never came back (sailing in 2 weeks). as others said watch the price and book it at the price you think you can get the value from. just keep in mind if you see a better price you can cancel and re-book it but it usually takes about 10 days to get the refund from the first one so i would put it on a CC if you cant have both those payments withdrawn at the same time ! hope they have a wonderful time on their honeymoon sailing 😄 

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:08 PM, LilBlackDress said:

This isn't really drink package related... But if they have the cruise listed as a honeymoon, they should be invited to the Wedding and Honeymoon gathering/party event. They offer wine/champagne and other refreshments ( I don't remember if they had beer or any mixed drinks) Cake, Chocolate covered Strawberries and some petit-fours and door prizes 

Is this offered on every ship? or is it only on a certain amount of day cruises?

We are doing a back to back and the first cruise is our wedding and the second is our honeymoon.

Thanks for the info and help!!

Price varies, but it isn't cheap.  If you consider purchasing and the rate goes down- royal will adjust- remember not only alcohol, but bottled water, special soda's and coffee's also included.  If they go to any special island- drinks also included.

Go with your budget of course!  Or if you can give them cruise credit that can be used towards drinks, etc.

7 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Price varies, but it isn't cheap.  If you consider purchasing and the rate goes down- royal will adjust- remember not only alcohol, but bottled water, special soda's and coffee's also included.  If they go to any special island- drinks also included.

Go with your budget of course!  Or if you can give them cruise credit that can be used towards drinks, etc.

Just to be clear, Royal will NOT "adjust" the price.  You can cancel your higher priced package and re-purchase it at the lower rate.

And while any OBC used to buy will be refunded immediately, the part paid on your credit card can take some time to be refunded.

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2019 at 7:50 AM, thjeepster said:

Is this offered on every ship? or is it only on a certain amount of day cruises?

We are doing a back to back and the first cruise is our wedding and the second is our honeymoon.

I believe it is... 
Best Wishes and Congrats!! Are you getting married on the ship?

On 12/26/2019 at 8:50 AM, thjeepster said:

I just had my honeymoon on Harmony Dec 1 sailing, and had honeymoon listed on special occasions on the reservation, and we never heard anything about any such event, nor saw any mention of similar on the cruise compass 🤷‍♀️ hopefully they have it on yours! Congratulations and enjoy!